Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Moving back to S. King County

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving back to S. King County

We lived in Kent until nine years ago, when our careers took us to San Diego. Now our careers are bringing us back home, where the rest of our family is.
When we lived here before, I was driving a '95 F350 Powerstroke that didn't have a warranty, but have since bought a '13 F250 Platinum Powerstroke, which is covered under warranty. Can anyone recommend a dealership in S. King County with a reputable service department?
We're looking forward to being back home, and put earnest money on a house in Covington yesterday. If all goes as planned, we'll be here in mid April.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice!! What are you looking to have done to the truck? Nice rig by the way.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Just routine maintenance. On my old truck I did a lot of modifications, but I'm leaving this one alone. I'm just looking for a dealership that's reputable, and plays it straight.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
adv rider
Freshman User
Moving

Welcome back! Although i don't understand it.I have lived here for 9 yrs,came from New england. And i still really hate the weather,but I do appreciate the beauty of the area.

On topic: not sure of S. King , but i worked at kirkland ford for a short time,and there were a really good team of techs there. And i believe the mgr,and a lead tech drive up from covington.

Is your screen name, because of a quadracer 500 you own?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
I chose the handle "Quadzilla" from the monster truck from many years ago, and hadn't even heard of the quad racer of the same name.
For those that don't understand my excitement about moving to Covington from San Diego, the Northwest is home, where I grew up, and where my family is. I've been wanting to trade the SoCal sunshine for my kids and grandchildren since we moved down there.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 AM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not a big dealer fan, but FWIW Horizon Ford in Tukwila has had a long relationship with FTE and a member here who worked in the parts department. That member passed away but last I remember the relationship still stands.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Thanks, Brute!
So far, all my truck has needed is routine maintenance but it would be nice to have a working relationship with a reputable dealer in case something comes up in the future.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Welcome back! I haven't really had any service done but I'd check out Bowen Scarff Ford in North Auburn/Kent, or Scarff Ford down here in South Auburn. From my short experiences with them, they were pretty nice.

Also, I have been setting up Monthly meets and posting threads for them. We have been meeting in Renton so it should be a short drive for you. If you're interested, HERE is the link to the thread for March. The more people the better! We talk about all kinds of things and sometimes take the time to look at each others vehicles.

You're welcome to come if you like.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by BruteFord
I'm not a big dealer fan, but FWIW Horizon Ford in Tukwila has had a long relationship with FTE and a member here who worked in the parts department. That member passed away but last I remember the relationship still stands.
I have used parts from Horizon and they have some of the better deals locally.

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Welcome back! I haven't really had any service done but I'd check out Bowen Scarff Ford in North Auburn/Kent, or Scarff Ford down here in South Auburn. From my short experiences with them, they were pretty nice.
I would also recommend Bowen Scarff as far as the parts counter and willingness to help out. Today I was pricing a transmission flush on my 99 Super Duty and Bowen and Wayy Scarff had the best deals. Also check out there web site for coupons in the specials section. Sound Ford however was double what Bowen and Wayy's service wanted so I will not be going there. Horizon service dept also gave me some information that did not match what the others said and what I have seen on FTE from known Ford Engineers.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Thanks for that information. So far, I haven't had any issues with the truck, and I'm not interested in getting involved with a dealer that makes routine maintenance any more complicated than it has to be.
We won't be up there until mid April, but I plan on attending a meeting once we get settled.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Sounds like a fine idea. Summer time for me will be interesting to say the least, depending on when I have to go to CA. But I'd like to have some kind of BBQ then. Also a guy from the Oregon chapter will be posting about a GTG that he hosts. He says he lives on a radar bas and has a ton of room for people to come over. And said he would invite us goonies to come down.