1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Lincoln Key Fob and Garage Opener Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 PM
imjohnnykelley
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lincoln Key Fob and Garage Opener Not Working

My 1998 Lincoln Navigator key fob and the built in garage door opener on the visor both quit working. Two key fobs quit working at the same time. Tried replacing battery and still not working. Also tried to reprogram the fobs. When I finished the cycle of the key on and off, the locks when up and down like they are supposed to, but neither fob did anything when I tried them. It is like all of them just went dead at the same moment. Don't think it the fobs fault. Both were purchased less than 6 months ago and programmed and worked perfect first try. Just stopped at the same time. Wouldn't be a huge deal, but the key is old and a little worn down, so it isn't the easiest thing to unlock the doors. Not sure if there is a relay or fuse that is dead. Couldn't find one, but not sure which one it could be, or if that is the problem to begin with. Any help appreciated.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 872 Likes on 724 Posts
Let's gather a bit more information.

For the garage door opener, does the vanity light in the driver's side visor work?

For the remote entry issue, check fuses F4 (Always hot) & F8 (Hot in Accy and RUN) under the dash. Does the "Panic" function of the fobs operate? Do you have a keypad on the driver's door? If so, does it work?

Any other items not working, notably any lighting functions, false "door ajar" indications, power locks from the indoor buttons, memory seats (if equipped) or any other operational or convenience feature?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 AM
imjohnnykelley
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
For the garage door opener, does the vanity light in the driver's side visor work?

For the remote entry issue, check fuses F4 (Always hot) & F8 (Hot in Accy and RUN) under the dash. Does the "Panic" function of the fobs operate? Do you have a keypad on the driver's door? If so, does it work?

Any other items not working, notably any lighting functions, false "door ajar" indications, power locks from the indoor buttons, memory seats (if equipped) or any other operational or convenience feature?
The vanity light works in the visor. The fuses are all fine and working. The panic function doesn't work anymore. I don't have a keypad. The driver door lock operates slower than the rest of them, but has since I bought the truck a year ago. Never worked as fast as the rest of the locks in the other doors.

The key fob problem started about a month ago. Last night my driver side window motor went out. Second time in 6 months, but the last one I replaced was the original one from 1998, so I think it was just a bad chinese replacement motor that went out.

No other notable issues.