4R70W TRANNY questions help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 PM
ghostdog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 4R70W TRANNY questions help needed

Ok I have a 97 f250 4x4 that when I bought it looked great suposeitly it was a mechanics baby and he really didn't wanna sell it. what happened is he got robbed and all his guns were taken he knew who did it but had no proof so he was selling his baby to get moving money. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.... so he told me what he did to it and I felt bad for the guy but did listen to what he said, after a couple days of me owning it I went to apply the parking break and there wasn't one? I called him up and asked he said he didn't think it had one when he got it. Anyways as I was driving down the hill it stared to act funny I pulled into store and I had no drive I had reverse but no drive, confused I called tow truck and had her brought home, really bummed out I crawled under her and there was all kinds of things this person had lied about so I ordered tranny and waited. one of the main things that upset me was the two bolts that go from the mount into the tranny there were none and he had made his own bracket and just couldn't believe that someone would risked anothers life so easily. The new tranny came in and a friend who is mechanically inclined said he would put it in for me I was there some of the time but not there completely. so he put it in and I went to turn it over before it started up , it is making a hell of a grinding noise so I stopped asked him what he thought and he looked at me like he had no clue, so I got the bible "Repair Book" and started looking at everything..... Well I found all of the bolts were way to tight along with a lot more so I have taken everything off except the transfer case tranny and the bracket under the transfer case have a jack under motor and and one under the support holes in the bottom of tranny. If anyone that is on here lives near Yucca Valley Ca. and wants to help me figure this out and lend a hand if I can ever help you no matter what it is you need help with..... moving, digging your septic up, walking your dogs ,dry wall, roofing, raking your yard..... I will be at your service...... cuz I need my truck to go see my daughter, and the doctors appts I don't have a lot of money but what I have is the willingness to be under there doing it as you tell me what to do or be beside you helping. My name is Daniel And I would be truly greatful. I would offer my old lady but want help not shot.... just kidding honey cuz she will read this.... and my phone number is 760=910=0459, thank you for reading this and hope to hear from someone soon.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 AM
96_F250_Deezal
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
you say all the bolts were real tight? what bolts?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:25 AM
ghostdog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well when i took them out this time

A friend of mine said he would help me and he did a lot of work when I wasn't there so... I told him not to touch it this time and got the bible out and as I was taking out the brackets some were so tight that I had to use a breaker bar plus my weight, he rounded off 2 torque converter nuts and but some were loose like as he put it in he forgot to tighten some and over tightened others. just got a tranny jack tonight so tomorrow I am hopping to take transfer case off and drop tranny to see where it was rubbing, grinding plus when I got it the 2 bolts that go thru mount into tranny were missing this time I put them in so not sure if I should leave them out and see if it grinds or put them in like they r supposed to be...... Hopefully that answered your question. Ghostdog.