New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

p0316 and p0305 after wheelchair lift repair. very upset!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 01:13 PM
joesnogood
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p0316 and p0305 after wheelchair lift repair. very upset!

I own an 02 e150 with 4.6 triton. It's fully set up for a wheelchair user, as I am, to drive it. I had to replace a kill switch on my lift. The company I use is a120 miles away from my home. As my parents live in nj any van repair be it wheelchair involved or engine drivetrain or any problems with it gives me a chance to visit and spend time with my parents. I use miller ford for drivetrain problems and a wheelchair van place in pensawken. My van has 96000 miles on it and as I keep up regularl mantinance, the van runs excellent. Just as good as the day I bought it. When I brought it in for this lift switch repair. It was a foggy slightly rainey damp day. Thay replaced the switch. I got in my van. Backed it out of their garage and within ten feet noticed a slight miss. I pulled over while still in their driveway. I shut the van of for a moment then restarted it. It seemed to stop missing. I pulled out onto the road and within 5feet the check engine light lite up. I emidetly returned to the shop. As I was the last customer all but one worker were gone. He was in his car leaving himself. He was the one who did the work on my lift. He couldn't get back in to get the code reader. He said nothing thay did could have caused this problem. RIGHT! I drove it in perfect and drove it out not running correct. What a coincidence. As he agreed the engine light was not on when he worked on it. I asked him exactly what was done. He poped off the cover under the steeringwheel to check my handcontroles and for some reason jacked up the back of the van. As gas is cheaper in nj then ny the tank was nearly emtey. Could the fact that the tank was emtey cause this problem or the removal of the panel? After leaving I made it about a mile when the seatbelt light lite up and an audio beep sounded. That has never happened every before. I pulled into an A.Z. where thay plugged in their code reader and gave me the codes p0305 and p0316. I will spend time with my parents as I'm very happy with the work Miller ford does. Could it be coincidence. I just can't buy it there's something thay did to cause this problem. Any comments would be gratefully apreceated. thanks

Old 02-23-2014, 04:33 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE, Joe. I hope the folks in the Van forum can help you get squared away with the problem.

I don't know if you knew this or not, but there is a New York Chapter forum here on FTE. Here's a link in case you'd like to check it out: New York Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Good luck getting everything sorted out