Plugs & coils finally done- testing COPs? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Plugs & coils finally done- testing COPs?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Posting Guru

Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.
Plugs & coils finally done- testing COPs?

Elsewhere I mentioned that I had two COPs bad and intended to change all of them for good measure. I probably mentioned that I didn't have a garage at some point too...

On one day, I did the front 4 plugs and coils before it got dark and cold on me. The next day, I got the back two on the driver side. Today, I got the last two- on the very back passenger side, the wind and snow started kicking up, making life interesting (read: making my mouth fowl). My apologies to the designer who routed so much stuff around that plug- I called him some pretty interesting names...

As much as I complain about the previous owner, today he really took the cake. Apparently, that back passenger side plug was just too much to deal with- so he didn't bother. It was a different brand than the rest and obviously way older. On the #6 COP, he must have dropped the bolt that held it on, so he just didn't bother bolting that one in (it was also one of the ones that was throwing a code).

I still have to deal with the melted DPFS when it gets here, but I tell ya- I cannot believe the difference in this truck. I must have had one of the COPs not firing at all since I've had it. It is like a completely different truck now. Oh, and I went with Motorcraft COPs and plugs.

Anyway, is there a way to test the old COPs? Or, can one of the parts stores do it? I would like to keep the old ones that are good as spares.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM

redford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputation
Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Posting Guru

Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.Psyclopse has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks for this!