Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Pot Pie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,

I posted in the new member forum and someone suggested that I also post on here. I just bought back my first Bronco that I had when I was 16 and am bringing it out here to MD to restore. To fund that project I will be selling my 79 F250 if you know anyone in the market. It is on Craigslist but I will be posting it on here once I am able to.

This will be my first restoration so I'm sure I will need some help along the way. If anyone knows of a good machine shop or anyone in the area that can tune a carb that would probably be helpful. I am in the Crofton area, but I am willing to travel a little ways for good work.

Pie

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Howdee Pot Pie. Welcome to our world
I'm not much help to you there, but there's a guy over in Crownsville who's magic with these old trucks. He's put back together quite a few Md chapter member's trucks and cars. Has a great big old shop way back in the woods. He's usually on quite a bit, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding him

There's another guy over in Millersville named Bud that's real good with the 6.0 diesels if you get one of those.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Pot Pie
New User
Crownsville is great!! I was a mechanic years ago in a different life, hopefully all of those skills haven't escaped me. I worked on Toyotas though so I didn't have much contact with carbs.

I am flying out next week to see if I can get the truck running before I put it on a truck to come out here, but I know once it gets here it is going to be rejetted at the very least. I think I may just start the teardown, but I would like to know it is running before I take it apart so I know if I did something wrong once it goes back together.