Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Under Bed Fuel Tank install write up

Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Vin Man
Senior User
Vin Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Under Bed Fuel Tank install write up

I'm looking for the instructions on how to install a fuel tank under the bed of my 56 F100. I've seen them on the site before and before I search through every post via the search engine, I'm wondering if someone has a link to a comprehensive write up (preferably including pictures).

I've got the old tank out and ready to install a mustang tank under the bed. I've got the tank, a fuel sending unit, the fill hose and cap. Just want to make sure I'm following some instructions as opposed to hacking my way through it.

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny

Old 02-07-2014, 09:53 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
This is probably what you are looking for;
Installing a Mid-60's Mustang Gas Tank In A 1953 F-100 .: Articles

Bobby

When using the search engine, try going to "advanced search" and then you can narrow it down to a particular forum. I get better results using Google. Again, I go to "advance search" and then in the "site or domain" box I enter "ford-trucks.com"

Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Vin Man
Senior User
Vin Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Bobby. Just printed it out!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Good luck with the install

let us know how it goes
Bobby

Old 02-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Wayne S
Elder User
Wayne S is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is the article I used to install my tank. Worked out perfect for me.
I installed the 22 gallon tank.