Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Anybody in or near Eugene, OR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Car Guy
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Anybody in or near Eugene, OR?

I'm very interested in an Aerostar located in Eugene, OR. If possible I'd like to get a first hand assessment (besides the seller's) of its overall condition. I prefer somebody who is knowledgeable with the AWD versions but more so these vans in general. The seller has been very cooperative and great to deal with but she nor her husband are mechanically savvy. This Aerostar appears to be well above average but I would rather not 'roll the dice' with this transaction. I would be flying or driving there and driving 21 hours home. This would be through the mountains. A route that can get 'interesting' this time of year.....

I am MORE than willing to compensate for time and effort with this. Thanks for reading the thread!

Old 02-04-2014, 06:00 PM
93nighthawk
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to post your request here:

Oregon Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Thats what I did when I was looking for my Aero and found it 14 hours away, we have a great group of guys here.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Car Guy
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well look at that, I didn't know there was an Oregon chapter. Thanks a million for the suggestion!

Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Mikeman
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Car Guy
I would be flying or driving there and driving 21 hours home. This would be through the mountains. A route that can get 'interesting' this time of year.....
Talk about someone dedicated to Aerostars.

Getting something from the PNW is generally a good idea. The roads were not salted up until recently on the west side of WA state. And even if the roads are salted, there's usually very little snow so the total days of salted roads is pretty small in number. But, I think some places like Yakima and Wenatchee may have been salting the roads before the west side. My recently-purchased Explorer has more rust than I'm used to and it was registered in Yakima for most of its life. I'm not sure if the roads in Oregon are salted.

One last thing. Don't wear your Broncos sweatshirt or anything else Bronco related.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
96Aerostar
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Have a professional check it out.

Hi

I live in Oregon and will be replacing my 96 XLT extended 4.0l soon.
Black Ice!

As I am looking in 4 states for an excellent low miles replacement.

I will hire Car Checkers or a similar franchise to look the vehicle over and send me a report. I understand that the cost is something like $100. Very affordable for someone who is a professional mechanic to look it over.

Of course a car fax or something similar will be worth while as well.

Then it is simply the matter of travel or shipment.

I have gone the other route and been promised, that it was an exceptional vehicle perfect paint, no dings, no oil leaks, etc. And arrived to find a vehicle that as you may guess had serious oil leaks, was filled with trash, filthy carpets, broken shifter, etc. I had traveled 4.5 hours to discover the truth. Then I had to drive home with no new car. I spent more the $100 on fuel and a whole day traveling. Lesson learned.

Now unless a friend lives nearby. I will hire a service to check it out.
Btw they go to the sellers home and you arrange payment via credit card.

Good luck on your purchase.

Also any one knowing of a really nice 96 or 97 with low miles, under 120k, extended XLT model with factory tow package. Please contact me.

I love Aerostars. They are the best minivan new or old that fit a 6 foot tall man such as myself.