General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Is everybody from Mississippi this dumb???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,606 Likes on 1,640 Posts
Is everybody from Mississippi this dumb???

Hi folks;
Just a little rant here! I just had a couple of guys with Mississippi plates drive up along my property on the township road and start blasting pheasants with a shotgun.....SEASON IS CLOSED... PROPERTY IS POSTED!!!!!! Needless to say... I called law enforcement with their plate number and description of vehicle!

Hopefully most are more intelligent than this!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was at D&N Campers in Memphis for a while as a service tech, and the shop boss was and still is an avid hunter. He told us about a guy he knew that you just want to stay away from -shooting deer from his truck on the highway, wether or not he had a good chance of a kill or even a clear shot!

Then again, it wasn't long ago the game wardens here in TN had a STATE RECORD buck head and rack brought into the courtroom in Somerville, as evidence against some clown that:
A) Had no license or tags
B) Baited his property (backyard)
C) Shot the thing with a twelve guage DURING BOW SEASON...

Had the dumb-jack gone about things the way they were SUPPOSED to be done, he would have been a state record holder. Instead, I betcha that particular freezer full of meat cost him around forty or fifty dollars a pound and it was a BIG 'ol deer!

Stupidity is no respecter of localities, I reckon, and I sure hope the summitch ate every single bite. For that price he could have had imported Alaskan Elk!

**snikkkerrrezzz***

STORY:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/oc...-charged-ille/

Old 01-30-2014, 08:28 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect idiots like that are in most states. Here in OK, the game wardens had put up a robotic deer far from the road and it was too tempting for idiots to shoot it from the road in their pickups. Watching them get busted was too funny. Sadly, those idiots would probably keep doing it. Just think how many times they shoot and don't know whats behind the animal they are aiming at. There could be a house, garden, workshop, or people working on their property just beyond the shooters sight. They all deserve stiffer fines and punishments.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,606 Likes on 1,640 Posts
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
I suspect idiots like that are in most states. Here in OK, the game wardens had put up a robotic deer far from the road and it was too tempting for idiots to shoot it from the road in their pickups. Watching them get busted was too funny. Sadly, those idiots would probably keep doing it. Just think how many times they shoot and don't know whats behind the animal they are aiming at. There could be a house, garden, workshop, or people working on their property just beyond the shooters sight. They all deserve stiffer fines and punishments.
Yeah, I know the locale has nothing to do with it... I was pissed.
And like......did the dumb *** think no one would notice???!!! Christ, it was only 50 yards from my house.... Yup, there are some things in this world that can NOT be fixed!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Even in California - which is far more restrictive about firearm rights than many states - you drive out in the back country even in state park areas, and you will see highway signs all but shot to pieces. Old abandoned car hulks completely riddled with bullet holes of all calibers, as if they (whomever) were literally "Hunting scrap metal".

In most states it is a considerable violation of the law to keep a loaded weapon in a vehicle, In Georgia as I understand it you must transport a handgun in plain sight with the action open to show it is empty, and the ammunition for it has to be stored in a seperate part of the vehicle or in a locked container.

To FIRE one from a moving vehicle is (I think, might check that out...) an instant felony.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Arizona game and fish has decoys that they set out along roads and wait for idiots "road hunters" to see them and shoot them, the last time I seen one of their decoys they had several pounds of lead that they had removed from it on display with the decoy. I think it was on display at the Kingman office.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Makes me wonder how much reloadable brass might be along the road edges in those spots, you know it?

Now there's an idea...

Volunteer for litter removal along that stretch and you could harvest shell casings by the bushel! There ain't no such thing as pure altruism

Old 01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Alaskan Elk Wolfie? I have hunted them for ten years here and still not got one.
Have only seen one and that from a Chopper.

They where transplanted here in Southeast about 25 years ago on another Island.
And have just made it this far east a few years ago.
The nice thing is the Fish an Fur don't want them on my Island so it is open season
for them with just your deer tag. I have yet to see anyone harvest one of This Island yet.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
"Road hunters" are present in every state............and there should be a season on them.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Here's an excellent link on wiki about gun laws broken down state by state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

THIS link talks about FEDERAL laws on Firearms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_the_United_States

~Both of the above are very interesting reading

~Wolfie