Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January All Topic/Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
January All Topic/Off Topic Thread

Well since I haven't started one in a while...and I'm already up. Mine as well kick the first one of the new year off.

Happy New Year, may it be a prosperous & healthy one for us all.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Boyd'z Toy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy new year to y'all.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Happy New Year, ya'll.
I know everyone likes pics, so here's some from my shop. The last couple of vehicles we completed and a couple that we're just starting

'89 F150. Color change, new interior, new bumpers, grille and tailgate and Rhino Line the bed:

'57 BMW Isetta Interior, tops, some mechanical:

'58 Chevy 1/2t all new from the ground up:

Newbies:

'66 Mustang 6 cyl/3 sp. convertible. repaint, new top, engine rebuild, etc.(this is the "before" pic)

'79 International Scout. Rust repair, rewire, blast and paint the frame and Rhino line inside and out.(before pic again)

For more pics of these and others go here:
Vinces Photos by walliscrow | Photobucket

or the web site www.vincesvintage.net

Old 01-04-2014, 10:49 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Wow, I blinked and it was 2014. I seriously don't know what happened to the month of December.

Good looking rides Wally. My wife lol'd when she saw that beamer.

This was my birthday surprise when I got home Thursday:

Old 01-04-2014, 05:34 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Good looking stuff there Walley Had a buddy in Jr High/High School that drove a '74 for a couple of years. Like most high school kids cash wasn't everywhere...so there was quite a bit of custom repairs on that Scout. There was no question when he pulled into the parking lot in the mornings.
Originally Posted by tojoski
This was my birthday surprise when I got home Thursday:
Uh two questions...

(A)Where were you on this one Scott? You didn't get Joe his own thread just for his birthday???? And you call yourself a moderator. Tsk, tsk.

(B)Joe, are the women folks kicking you out of the house and into the shop? I've got a black/brushed stainless fridge that size sitting in my garage looking for a home (was used for 4 months)...I could have made your wife a heck of a deal. Would have even thrown in some of those malted adult beverages in as a birthday gift from those of us holding down the fort.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:52 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Dag nabbit fellas it's cold, colder than it's been in quite a while. I can recall a time when I was a kid, when our pond froze over thick enough that we could play on it..

It would have had to have been in the single digits for weeks to get there.. hasn't done it since.

Originally Posted by zhilton
Uh two questions...

(A)Where were you on this one Scott? You didn't get Joe his own thread just for his birthday???? And you call yourself a moderator. Tsk, tsk.
Mine is so close to the holidays that it gets lost. Been that way since, well 1981, lol..
(B)Joe, are the women folks kicking you out of the house and into the shop? I've got a black/brushed stainless fridge that size sitting in my garage looking for a home (was used for 4 months)...I could have made your wife a heck of a deal. Would have even thrown in some of those malted adult beverages in as a birthday gift from those of us holding down the fort.
This is actually attempt #3 at a beverage cooler... 1st attempt was a Maytag Skybox that was given to me by my mother-in-law.. neat little vending machine that was made about 10yrs ago or so.. but it just wouldn't cool and it jams up a lot..2nd attempt is a commercial style coke cooler that I got off of craigslist for $100.. this one works great unfortunately it uses power like a commercial coke cooler, at the tune of about $15 a month in the summertime..

Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Looked and the pics I posted and noticed I forgot another Ford we just turned loose of.
It's a '66 coupe. Got everything new from the ground up, including adding GT suspension components, fog lights and rear exhaust exits. Also got a Pony interior, Vintage Air, and an engine/trans overhaul.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
Ggggood Mmmorning Arkansas!

BBBbrrrrrr is right! Well, college football is over for another 8 months.....sniff....sniff.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Where were you on this one Scott? You didn't get Joe his own thread just for his birthday????
Yep. Totally missed that one. Apologies Joe. Happy birthday buddy!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Mine is so close to the holidays that it gets lost. Been that way since, well 1981...
So is that when you started making trips around the fusion reactor? Or folks quite remembering that you had completed another trip?
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Alright Walley, you owe me a new keyboard. That pony is just down right gorgeous. Looks original and not all crazy decked out like some folks take their mid-life crisis toys. Almost makes me want to build a shop for the Ranchero and get started on it. Though if/when I get to that Cleveland...it's going to get a couple of improvements (roller lifters, DuraSpark and electric choke). Hopefully it will help that engine to be a little less cold weather cranky.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Yep. Totally missed that one. Apologies Joe. Happy birthday buddy!
I'll let you get by with it this time. By the way, think your high-plains ponies have a chance against them boys from San Diego Sunday? The boy (Pats fan) is already talking trash with a co-worker (Colts fan). I could careless...but it's funny to watch a 13 old try to convince this co-worker that the Pats are going all the way to the Meadowlands next month.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think if both teams play their best game Denver wins by two touchdowns... The problem in playoff time is who brings it all to the party.

I think colts/pats is going to be an awesome game to watch.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Zack, we've done a bunch of Mustangs, but that one has to be my favorite. I even like it better than the '66 GT350H that we did several years back.
Going with the GT suspension really made a difference in how happy the car is on the roads in my neck of the woods.
I have an extra gallon of that paint left over, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Harley that color running around up here next summer.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Mysterman68
Elder User
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Zack, we've done a bunch of Mustangs, but that one has to be my favorite. I even like it better than the '66 GT350H that we did several years back.
Going with the GT suspension really made a difference in how happy the car is on the roads in my neck of the woods.
I have an extra gallon of that paint left over, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Harley that color running around up here next summer.
Yes, that's one pretty Mustang! I'm really liking the looks of that '58 Chevy too.

So, whose going to play in the Superbowl ?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Mudslinger72315
Senior User

This is actually attempt #3 at a beverage cooler... 1st attempt was a Maytag Skybox that was given to me by my mother-in-law.. neat little vending machine that was made about 10yrs ago or so.. but it just wouldn't cool and it jams up a lot..2nd attempt is a commercial style coke cooler that I got off of craigslist for $100.. this one works great unfortunately it uses power like a commercial coke cooler, at the tune of about $15 a month in the summertime..
I would be more than happy to give you your money back on the commercial coke cooler......

Quick Reply: January All Topic/Off Topic Thread