6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2013 F350 6.7 XLT Dual Zone Climate Control Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:13 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
I got curious about dash kits, lol. This one looks like actual panels? Curious if the price is comparable to the panels you have bookmarked?

2013 Ford F-250 Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Close to price, I'm bookmarking that one now, looks sweet. Now I have to re-decide all over again. So I went looking in the truck again and man, there are tons of wires, etc. The connector behind the steering wheel I confirmed is the upfitter switches one. I still don't know what the other one is though. On my truck underneath the hood, the 4 pass through wires are like super tucked and taped. Don't get me wrong, I like nice and tight but man, I'm gonna have to take off my fender just to get to the tape, I can feel the tips of the wires with my fingers and only with my arm barely reaching like half cocked sideways.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Big Vic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some clarification

I thought at first that they would "blend" together, but it must have been a fluke because changing the drivers **** did nothing. XLT trucks only have one blend door actuator which won't allow both ***** to work. You have to manually install the other blend door actuator for both sides to work.

I am a little confused. Are you saying that the new unit does not control the cabin temp? Changing the driver's **** does nothing?

Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
No what I am saying is that in Layman's terms is the passenger side temp **** controls the temperature inside the truck. The drivers side **** does nothing until you install the drivers side actuator. Does this help? I PM'ed you back by the way.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 AM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
The other one is way up behind the steering wheel, need small hands to reach it and plug whatever it is that plugs into it. I am thinking this may be the upfitter switch plug though.
Yes, this is where you plug in the module for the upfitter switches. Surprised you haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. That is a must in my mind. Keep us posted, I'm watching so that I can do this and be just like you

Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 AM
strokin83
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty sweet. I'm toying around with buying XLT's from now on. It would be sweet to get a XLT and juice it up and have all the creature comforts of the Lariat with out the leather and the price. My boss just bought a 2013 XLT premium package from Indiana and I flew out and drove it home. I was surprised at what the truck had on it. My only beefs were the split bench seat which wasn't as comfy as the Captain's chairs on the long drive. I like the big center console better as well. But other than that the truck was great got a little better mileage than mine due to it being a Supercab Shortbed. From Ft. Wayne, Indiana to my house south of KC (635 miles) I averaged 20 mpg. I just stopped in Terra Haute and put $40 in and drove it all the way home lol. That short wheelbase definitely makes it ride a bit rougher but not bad. So yea after 3 Lariats I might be a XLT man next time and just put the extra money down on the truck. But thanks for the post I'll be upgrading the Boss' truck to the climate control as well. Its for his son to work out of so I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Ok so I may have run into an issue. I took apart the majority of my dash today and found the spot where the drivers side blend door actuator is supposed to be. Only problem was there is no plug there for the actuator. I am gonna call my parts guy on Monday, because I think it could just be a 20 dollar harness that runs from the passenger side to the drivers side. Now in retrospect the plug might be there and I just couldn't see it or feel it. I will say this is one of the easiest dashes to take apart though.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 AM
ggadwa
Senior User
Dual Zone Climate Control Install

Matt,
Look forward to hearing what you find out about the Dual Zone Drivers Side Actuator and wiring. This is potentially a great Mod.

GARY

Old 01-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Big Vic
Senior User
Yes, Matt please keep the great info coming. I would also like to learn more about the actuator and upgrade to the auto temp/dual control unit.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:25 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice Upgrade

I'm watching the progress on this. I would be nice to have. Sending reps.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know what the heated and cooled buttons are controlling, I just know the buttons are turning on, which makes me think XLTs could be wired for them. I am gonna confirm/deny here in a little bit.

These should control seats if/when you get them. Check to see if there is a plug under the seats.

Also, I was worried that my heated sideview mirrors wouldn't "heat" anymore because no button, but the rear defroster button controls those.
Isn't the button for mirror heat remain on the top portion if the heat control? and that part wasn't changed? I'm confused.

Is it just me or is the cheap silver glitter plastic in the truck bothering anybody else?? It just looks super cheesy to me, and I found out the XLs have a nice charcoal colored one, for the bezel, and door panels(where the window buttons are), so that is close on the list.
I'll trade you my black ones off my 12 XL for yours if you can tell me how to remove them.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Will definitely send you a PM. Thanks! Also no the button switches to the rear defrost because with the package would come the rear slider. It controls all in one though.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Shorthair49
New User
Questions??

The dual climate mod is interesting to me. How has it gone with the additional blend door and actuator installation? My '13 F350 XLT does not have heated seats. I was thinking of adding 3rd party seat heaters and seat covers, possibly from Wet Okole. If I were to find a Dual zone climate control with the heated seat buttons, how difficult would it be to patch into the factory heated seats button on the control?

Old 02-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
It wouldn't be difficult at all. All the fuses are already on the truck. The only thing that I haven't been able to confirm is if the normal seat connectors are wired for heated seats. If they aren't all you would have to do is to wire it so when you press the button they would come on. The actuator project has been on hold for a little bit. I have been pretty distracted with other stuff. I'll look at it again this weekend.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Shorthair49
New User
Thanks Matt.

Quick Reply: 2013 F350 6.7 XLT Dual Zone Climate Control Install