Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal to the floor...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
SaddleBronc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike1
I was thinking it was more like this:
Yes, that was my problem. On the arm that he pulled the pin out of, my pin was worn more than halfway through - and the weld on the back had given up. No sign whatsoever of the plastic bushing. The only reason it was hanging on to the heim joint was that the ring was stuck in the deep groove on the pin.

I didn't know about this fix and just went back with stock parts...and some good lube.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Frozen_Joker
Tuned
Well I figured the problem out with my clutch pedal not wanting to return all the way. The issue was not with the master or slave or line. But instead with the bushings on the pedal bracket assembly. The brake and clutch pedal operate off the same rod and bracket. But there are bushings to allow one to move freely of the other. These bushing had worn out and the clutch pedal would not even engage till halfway in. $150 later I got an entirely new assembly from ebay and it works like a champ, I barely push it in and it works great now.

As for the stupid plastic pin thing that holds the master rod on the clutch pedal rod, I tossed that when I installed the new master and placed a standard pin (like on a receiver hitch) over the end of the rod. Works ten times better. Lol.

5:25 in that video if you look on the left, you can see the white bushing that went bad on my truck.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 AM
RedneckPackrat
New User
I think I'm in the middle of this problem right now. So glad I found this forum instead of just doing what jumped into my mind first and drop the transmission and put new hydraulic parts in it.

Truck is sitting over at folks' house where I stopped it, seeing as how once it stopped that's where it's gonna sit until the problem gets resolved. Gonna go over and look under its dash today and see if there's sloppy stuff under there instead of pushing it into the side yard until I have time to get REALLY greasy.

Mine happened gradually. That's why I had that little nagging suspicion in my mind that it wasn't a blown seal in a cylinder somewhere--seals don't open and close on their own

I've experienced the spongy feeling pedal that sorta-kinda partially releases the clutch, and now alla way to the floor and still eager to pull. Kinda like the bushing was crumbling and falling apart over a couple days

I'll go look at it today, like I said, and I'll get pics if there's anything to be seen in 'em. Might can help someone else from having nightmares when this happens.