1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OH, WI, IL, IA, MN,MI, IN FTErs, it's Truckfest time

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
OH, WI, IL, IA, MN,MI, IN FTErs, it's Truckfest time

Well, since I have pulled the trigger and it's been posted on another thread I don't think it's too early to start discussing a new Truckfest. Now that I am now committed to hosting a '48-56 FTE meet I thought I better post a dedicated post so people can refer to it and I can update as time goes on. The official name, or at least what I'll refer to it as, Dairyland Truckfest.(Thanks Chris) will be held September 20-21 at my place in Germantown Wisconsin.

Here is the basic information about me and my location. I am posting the same thing as I did on the Truckstock post:

Here are the facts and I want anyone considering attending to know them up front.

•I live on an active dairy farm which includes 100+ head of dairy cows and about 100 chickens along with the aroma. I feel our farm is very well maintained and the smells are kept at a minimum but still it's not possible to avoid them all.

•September is harvesting time so there is a possibility of some machine activity, tractors, forage choppers and wagons, going on during our meet. The old saying of "making hay while the sun still shines" is very true, when the crop is ready it has to be harvested. It all depends on what the conditions are, some times it's earlier, some times it's later in the year.

•Our farm is about 100+ acres and we have room to host tents and campers and can supply water and electricity hook ups. We also have at least a dozen quality hotels within 10 miles of our house at fairly reasonable prices. We live in a rather small log farm house that was built in mid 1800s by my wife's great great grand parents so we don't have room to provide additional lodging in our home. Surrounding communities include Menomonee Falls to the south and Jackson and West Bend to the north. All of these towns and cities are located next to Hwys 41 or 45 and have very nice hotels. All of these are easily to get to from our house.

•We are located about 15 miles north of Milwaukee, WI. While we're located in an rural area, our closest neighbor is about two blocks away, we are within 5 miles of major commercial areas with all the normal retail businesses; Wal-Mart and fast food restaurants. I live in the village of Germantown.

•September is usually mild with temperatures in the mid to upper 70s during the day and cooler at night. Perfect for day time activities and night time fire.

•I have a very nice cruise envisioned in the rolling hills of the Kettle Moraine area and a visit to a very nice landmark restaurant about 10 miles west of our home. This time of year is usually our peak foliage color time.

I am offering to do this at about the same time Doc has held his meets. I am not trying to compete with Doc. My wife and I believe this is the best time for a meet up here also. It's at the end of the busy summer season but mainly because if we were to hold it in the spring we would have a good chance of having a rained out event. If we waited until the summer we would have competition with all the other summer activities. We also get hot humid summers here with usually a good crop of summer pests that make night time outside unpleasant. Usually by September our pest problem have subsided and the days are still warm and the nights mild.

My main goal in having a meet here it to hopefully get some of our more northern brethren who find it too far to attend the meets in KY to be able to participate in a fun FTE event. They have missed out the last two years of meeting a group of really great people.

I would like to know who would be willing to attend my meet. I would like to see a good representation of old Ford trucks but if you don't feel comfortable bringing your truck or if it's not ready for a road trip that's not important. What is important is the people who attend. At both Truckstocks and Truckfest not all the attendees were able to bring their old trucks but it still was a great time.

Remember guys, I was the nutty old truck guy who drove a stock '49 F-2 with a double clutching crash box tranny 1600 miles, round trip, over deadly mountains to attend the first Truckstock. Most of the terrain up here in the upper Midwest is flat. I would love to see a nice showing of '48-56 trucks. I will also be trying to get a couple people I know who own interesting trucks that have been subjects of numerous discussions on FTE to bring them.

Last edited by bobj49f2; 01-19-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Added name,date and location.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dairyland Truckfest

Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
newguy399
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it will be fun. I think I will try and make it up for the day since I live Chicago its not that far only 2 hours

Old 01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
OK? Oklahoma just doesn't seem to fit. Did you mean OH?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:51 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Bob, best I can say is maybe, although I would really love to come. My son will be starting his first year of college around that time, but I'm not sure of the exact dates yet. It would be a long haul for me (1500 miles), but I could use a road trip.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:55 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for pulling the trigger and getting the info out there quickly so folks can plan accordingly. Won't let me rep you but reps to you anyhow. It would be a long long trip for me but not totally out of the question. However I've got to be in Charlotte for an event that weekend so I know now it's off the table but I can lend moral support and pray for good weather.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:11 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by harleymsn
OK? Oklahoma just doesn't seem to fit. Did you mean OH?
OK, I changed it. Still, if anyone from OK wants to make the trip they're more than welcome.

Originally Posted by tinman52
Bob, best I can say is maybe, although I would really love to come. My son will be starting his first year of college around that time, but I'm not sure of the exact dates yet. It would be a long haul for me (1500 miles), but I could use a road trip.
I know the feeling. For some reason a road trip always looks good, even though they usually are a lot of work.

Originally Posted by 19fifty4
Thanks for pulling the trigger and getting the info out there quickly so folks can plan accordingly. Won't let me rep you but reps to you anyhow. It would be a long long trip for me but not totally out of the question. However I've got to be in Charlotte for an event that weekend so I know now it's off the table but I can lend moral support and pray for good weather.
I'd appreciate all the support and prayers for good weather. Doc and Rob were lucky the last two years. They had some of the nicest weather for their meets. Never know what the weather will be like next week little alone eight months from now.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:23 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Yuppers, pending other life stuff, of course.

DW

Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
DW, maybe I'll hold a "How to patch fenders" clinic. I'll have a good set of examples to work on.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM
ChuckRob
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wife and I are a maybe. I was going to visit my sister in Minocqua this summer but could probably put it off until September. I would not be driving the 48 but have an enclosed trailer that it fits in quite nicely.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
DW, maybe I'll hold a "How to patch fenders" clinic. I'll have a good set of examples to work on.
That's too easy. I've got a completely roached running board that would benefit from some sort of divine intervention - or godlike metal skills to avoid the crusher.

Actually, clinics on carbs and sheetmetal work would be of great interest to me.

DW

Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by FortyNiner
That's too easy. I've got a completely roached running board that would benefit from some sort of divine intervention - or godlike metal skills to avoid the crusher.

Actually, clinics on carbs and sheetmetal work would be of great interest to me.

DW
We'd need Ross for any carb demonstration. Maybe I'll have to extend the meet another couple of days. I'll have two locations, my farm for the ladies to chat and my shop with the lift to do truck repairs. They're only 3 miles away from each other.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
We'd need Ross for any carb demonstration. Maybe I'll have to extend the meet another couple of days. I'll have two locations, my farm for the ladies to chat and my shop with the lift to do truck repairs. They're only 3 miles away from each other.
If Ross can't make it for any reason, you might try to get Lance Hogan to come up from Chicago for carb work.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:14 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I said in the other post I'm gonna try my darnest - If I come it will be in the 52 F2* - New King pins, Tie rods, spring shackles, Drag link, Toyo manual Steering box, Power front disks, New wheels, 6.50x16 sized radials, Recored rad, rebuilt Flat 6, New clutch and PP, Unique 4spd full syncro toploader, Imagineered E-Brake, Rebuilt friendly 3.7? rear end, and dual fire extinguishers
I will be staying at a motel to spare everyone from my wierdmares and night creature noises
Are you gonna have Port a Potties? - I'd like to reserve one
I promise to bring my meds

Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
As I said in the other post I'm gonna try my darnest - If I come it will be in the 52 F2* - New King pins, Tie rods, spring shackles, Drag link, Toyo manual Steering box, Power front disks, New wheels, 6.50x16 sized radials, Recored rad, rebuilt Flat 6, New clutch and PP, Unique 4spd full syncro toploader, Imagineered E-Brake, Rebuilt friendly 3.7? rear end, and dual fire extinguishers
Dick, sounds like it's good to go, in a lot better condition than my '49 F-2 when I drove it down to KY in '12.

I will be staying at a motel to spare everyone from my wierdmares and night creature noises
Thanks Dick, that will make us all sleep easier at night, at least the people that have rooms in other motels

Are you gonna have Port a Potties? - I'd like to reserve one
I promise to bring my meds
Yes, we'll have outdoor facilities, I don't know how well our septic system will handle a multitude of people. If you come we'll have one waiting just for you. Just remember to bring the blue ones and the pretty pink and white ones.

Quick Reply: OH, WI, IL, IA, MN,MI, IN FTErs, it's Truckfest time