1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OH, WI, IL, IA, MN,MI, IN FTErs, it's Truckfest time

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Hotels. With running the flatheads, especially Edith, I figured since it took me about 9 hours to drive the 180 miles to Shanes, a 200 mile day would be reasonable, especially when you take into account any stops along the way and allowing for unexpected traffic delays. (Delays, other than US!)
Look into hotels in Crystal Lake . I live 15-20 minutes east of Woodstock . I would drive up with you the rest of the way. There are a lot more hotels and places to eat . I ll take everybody out to eat

Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 AM
durod
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will be there with our '54. We are only 2.5 hours Northwest of you. We drove the old girl 3500 miles to Cruzin' The Coast last October. What a HOOT!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Firepower flyer
Freshman User
I should be able to make this.Not far from me at all!!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Firepower flyer
I should be able to make this.Not far from me at all!!
Hey - good to hear from you again.

DW

Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I didn't realize we had this many WI members. So far it looks like we're going to have a pretty good crowd.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I didn't realize we had this many WI members. So far it looks like we're going to have a pretty good crowd.
They're coming out of the woodwork!

BTW Bob, any recommendations on hotels near you? I was looking at the super8 on county line rd ... comments?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Gee Bob , hope your son doesn't drive that tractor around all them old trucks . Think of the time you would have fixing fenders and doors .

Old 01-24-2014, 05:15 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
It must be the free steaks and beer.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Joe why the heck would you want to stay in Frankfort when you pass so cloey to our house we are 20 miles from Frankfort
And we have room plus the rates are a lot better there is even a garage if the truck needs some fix. You are more than welcome. We hAve a bunk room that sleeps 3 single or we can set up a blow up double. Also have an extra double in basement. Dave S

Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Joe why the heck would you want to stay in Frankfort when you pass so cloey to our house we are 20 miles from Frankfort
And we have room plus the rates are a lot better there is even a garage if the truck needs some fix. You are more than welcome. We hAve a bunk room that sleeps 3 single or we can set up a blow up double. Also have an extra double in basement. Dave S
LOL, I had to look twice when I was reading 'blow up'
Very nice of you to make the offer. If I go, I will be by myself.

I'll email you about the trip with my ideas.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:53 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
They're coming out of the woodwork!

BTW Bob, any recommendations on hotels near you? I was looking at the super8 on county line rd ... comments?
The Super8 is OK, it's a Super8. It's along the freeway and a main drag with all of the chain restaurants and retail stores and is about 5 miles from my house. There's also a Best Western Express right next door. I've never stayed at either one so I don't know first hand about either but they're chains so they're like the rest of their kind. The area is a smaller city in a safe area. I'll post more information about the accommodations in the area soon.

Originally Posted by DR Smith
Gee Bob , hope your son doesn't drive that tractor around all them old trucks . Think of the time you would have fixing fenders and doors .
I told him that weekend there will be a "NO DRIVE" zone established in the area of the meet. He will probably be driving tractors up and down the road in front of the house a few times but not anywhere close to trucks.

Originally Posted by carnut122
It must be the free steaks and beer.
If you can chase a cow down and truss it up you can have all the free steak you can eat. Of course you'd also have to dress it too, and I don't mean in a "dress", well, that would be entertaining also. You can all the free eggs you want, you'll have to go out to the coop and grab some.

Very nice of you to make the offer. If I go, I will be by myself.

I'll email you about the trip with my ideas.
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I thought this whole event was family friendly.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by durod
We will be there with our '54. We are only 2.5 hours Northwest of you. We drove the old girl 3500 miles to Cruzin' The Coast last October. What a HOOT!
Durod, you're welcome to join our little get together but as with the past meets there's a little concern with having people we don't know showing up. Your first and only post so far has been to tell me you're coming. Doc took an enormous chance in putting out the offer for the first meet, he had no idea who or what was going to show up. It turns out, so far, the '48-56 FTE are a bunch of great people. We're a really friendly and welcoming group but we'd like to know more about you.

If you don't mind, could you give us, especially me since I'm hosting, a little information about yourself and your truck, just so we can get an idea of who you are? Where in WI are you located, for my own curiosity. I hope you understand. Thanks.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:16 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Bob reading some of the post for people planning on showing up for DLTS14 you may want to put up a post similar to what the good Doc did the first time. Like its not a typical car show event. We usually don't even see a beer or other alcohol type beverage. I though Doc's post really helped lay out the expectations of what it was all about. The only drawback was that is the main reason I wanted to attend. It just sounded like a great time without the usual car show crap. I'm sure others felt the same way. Have fun

Old 01-24-2014, 08:21 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Sorry doing this on phone it dropped mattress I probably would have messed it up on the computer also now that I think about it.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Bob reading some of the post for people planning on showing up for DLTS14 you may want to put up a post similar to what the good Doc did the first time. Like its not a typical car show event. We usually don't even see a beer or other alcohol type beverage. I though Doc's post really helped lay out the expectations of what it was all about. The only drawback was that is the main reason I wanted to attend. It just sounded like a great time without the usual car show crap. I'm sure others felt the same way. Have fun
Dave, I agree 110%. I really appreciated not having alcohol at any of the three events. It's not that I want to deny anyone of alcohol, it's a legal substance, but I've been to events that were ruined once the booze came out. I'm a teetotaler, I don't drink any kind of alcohol because I come from a long line of alcoholics and feel I have a predisposition toward alcoholism so I stay away from it. I have enough other weaknesses.

I will compose a post this weekend laying out the guidelines and planned activities that I'm thinking about along with hotels and attractions in the area.

Quick Reply: OH, WI, IL, IA, MN,MI, IN FTErs, it's Truckfest time