Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Done! Photos of just finished 1948 F-3 stake truck

Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM
jhaas63
Senior User
jhaas63 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks better than it did the day she was born. Very nice!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Congrats !!!! Your truck looks awesome !!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
Great looking truck! Motivation for the rest of us. Great pictures too.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Ford1948F3
Junior User
Ford1948F3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
Is it possible to see some close up shots of the bed and stakesides, as well as the fog lights and how they attach to the frame/bumper?
OK, I added some more photos. Here goes:

Old 01-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Beautiful job on the stakes. What wood is that bed? And where did you get the stake hardware?

Old 01-18-2014, 09:37 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Lots of attention to detail showing. Love those fog lights.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Man that is super nice!

Old 01-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Outstanding work! I like everything about it. As a fellow 48 F3 owner the pics of your truck help motivate me to get mine done. How about some running/driving video?!?

Old 01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
blsd49
Senior User
blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Great looking truck and glad to see another F3 stake bed out there! Is it stock under the hood as well?

Old 01-18-2014, 05:06 PM
52'F-3
Elder User
52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.52'F-3 has a very good reputation on FTE.
really nice truck...

Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Rimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud of
Beautiful truck and very nice work. Time to enjoy it.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 PM
dav54effie
Senior User
dav54effie has a good reputation on FTE.dav54effie has a good reputation on FTE.
looks nice!

Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 AM
festus51
New User
festus51 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice job truck looks great.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:25 AM
oldmerc
oldmerc
oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
Looks fantastic , love the colour , Reds my personal favourite . The stake rack looks as it should for a real working truck .

Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Ford1948F3
Junior User
Ford1948F3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you for all your generous words. It means a lot coming from gentlemen who know and understand these things.

Couple interior photos that I forgot:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
Beautiful job on the stakes. What wood is that bed? And where did you get the stake hardware?
The stake sides are all white oak.
The wood for the bed floor is Minnesota ash. I sanded it all smooth and finished it with six coats of nautical spar varnish. It took on a slightly amber hue.

The stake hardware...that's one thing I'm really satisfied about. There's a story behind it (there's always a story behind things, right?). About 35 years ago when I was a younger man I spotted a stake bed at a local junkyard. It had all the hardware I needed for this truck, and I wanted it bad. But the guy wouldn't sell me just the hardware. He wanted to sell the entire flatbed intact. Well, I just couldn't afford it. But I kept my eyes on it, and waited. A few years later a friend of mine was re-doing his stake truck (a 1968 Ford F-350). I told him he could get everything he needed at the junkyard. So he went over and bought it all. That was in about 1983. My friend eventually moved away, but later I learned that he had left that truck behind on some wooded property that belonged to his father. I tracked down his phone number and asked about it. He said the truck was probably still there and whatever I could pry off of it I could have. That was a couple years ago. When I found it there wasn't much left of anything else, but that hinge hardware is so heavy gauge, it was totally fine. All I had to do was sand blast and paint it.

I figure, sometimes it pays to be patient.

Originally Posted by Rojak
How about some running/driving video?
To be honest I don't have the equipment to take a video. My wife says I belong in a past time. But that's another story.

Originally Posted by blsd49
Is it stock under the hood as well?
Yes. It has the original inline 6 with a little over 70,000 miles. Runs absolutely perfect. I wish everything in my life ran as smooth as that flathead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Done! Photos of just finished 1948 F-3 stake truck

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.