Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Electronic locking DIFF Video... FAILURE?? CANADA REPS HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:03 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic locking DIFF Video... FAILURE?? CANADA REPS HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!

2013 F150 4X4 with 3:55 ELD.... 16000 km's on unit

two wheel drive (4wd same thing happens just harder to replicate with 2 more wheels torquing)

TCS and advance-trac shut down (5 sec hold)

engaged locker at a standstill

very light acceleration, no noise

Slightly heavier acceleration with tire spin... Big noise emitting from rear axle area..

speeds were 1st gear between 8-12km/hr (although can sustain noise all the way up to 40km/hr where the e-locker automatically dis-engages)

Dealer says its normal, I KNOW IT ISN'T.... Lots of talk on ELD's but I figured Id try to get dome hard evidence..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151777946877202

Comment and question!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2013's ELD makes no noise when enabled and going straight. There is a slight bit of scrub if I have to make any kind of steering input while it's on, but that's to be expected.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:58 PM
FX4ECO
New User
Just found this post after responding on the other thread.
My truck does the exact same thing.
Only thing is that I haven't found the way to duplicated at the the dealer the 2x I went and left the truck with them. I wanted them to remove the cover and inspect which they didn't do as the problem isn't present at the time...
I'm also very worried.. Take the time to read my post.
I had 2x TSB's done on the diff prior. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Did you have any TSB's done on yours?

Here are my videos. I have about 7-8 that aren't uploaded.
E-Locker trouble - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by FX4ECO
Just found this post after responding on the other thread.
My truck does the exact same thing.
Only thing is that I haven't found the way to duplicated at the the dealer the 2x I went and left the truck with them. I wanted them to remove the cover and inspect which they didn't do as the problem isn't present at the time...
I'm also very worried.. Take the time to read my post.
I had 2x TSB's done on the diff prior. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Did you have any TSB's done on yours?

Here are my videos. I have about 7-8 that aren't uploaded.
E-Locker trouble - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Yes that is identical to what is happening to my truck!!!!!!! I am really interested in the other videos of what you have.. I would like to try to set up a recording with someone outside the vehicle (or maybe a gopro) recording the situation happening with a view of the wheel spinning...

They can open the cove off of the diff and see nothing really, they have to remove the carrier assembly and diss-assemble the locker to properly inspect (I have had no luck with my dealership in trying to get this done)...

I have a go-pro and will be trying to set up a rig to record my scenario tomorrow. If we are successful I will be uploading it right away, as well as sending it to another dealership (as Boundary Ford refuses to help at all) and sending it directly to ford...

Might e some good ammunition to get this issue figured out with our videos and evidence compiled together..

I have had one TSB performed on my truck (actually brought TSB issue to dealership, and they did not want to repair initially), which was the Oil slinger TSB.. I am unsure of which other TSB there is for these trucks right now as my main focus is on the locker issue at hand..

If you would please let me know that the TSB#'s are that you had repaired on your truck that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
FX4ECO
New User
Originally Posted by ol-blu
Yes that is identical to what is happening to my truck!!!!!!! I am really interested in the other videos of what you have.. I would like to try to set up a recording with someone outside the vehicle (or maybe a gopro) recording the situation happening with a view of the wheel spinning...

They can open the cove off of the diff and see nothing really, they have to remove the carrier assembly and diss-assemble the locker to properly inspect (I have had no luck with my dealership in trying to get this done)...

I have a go-pro and will be trying to set up a rig to record my scenario tomorrow. If we are successful I will be uploading it right away, as well as sending it to another dealership (as Boundary Ford refuses to help at all) and sending it directly to ford...

Might e some good ammunition to get this issue figured out with our videos and evidence compiled together..

I have had one TSB performed on my truck (actually brought TSB issue to dealership, and they did not want to repair initially), which was the Oil slinger TSB.. I am unsure of which other TSB there is for these trucks right now as my main focus is on the locker issue at hand..

If you would please let me know that the TSB#'s are that you had repaired on your truck that would be greatly appreciated!!!
I was out today trying to get a better shot but the truck wasn't doing all the time. I also had the idea of using a go-pro but don't have one...

I will look in my papers/receipts tomorrow for the TSB #.
First TSB was for the noise "tic-tac-toc"
They re-torqued the pignon, but that didn't fix the problem.
The second time I brought it in they took the diff apart and replaced bearings and the collapsible sleeve.
This id my 3rd winter and this is the first year I have this issue

Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by FX4ECO
I was out today trying to get a better shot but the truck wasn't doing all the time. I also had the idea of using a go-pro but don't have one...

I will look in my papers/receipts tomorrow for the TSB #.
First TSB was for the noise "tic-tac-toc"
They re-torqued the pignon, but that didn't fix the problem.
The second time I brought it in they took the diff apart and replaced bearings and the collapsible sleeve.
This id my 3rd winter and this is the first year I have this issue

Good to know.. This is my first winter (16000km's ) and Im sorry to say that I am having nothing but issues... Hopefully they can figure out something..

Have you had issues with snow inside your truck through the HVAC system??

Cheers!!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 PM
FX4ECO
New User
Originally Posted by ol-blu

I saw you other post, happy something is going forward for you. Keep me posted as I haven't heard anything as of yet on my end.

The 2x TSB's where
12-11-17 At 23000km (re-torque pinion)
13-7-7 at 29000km (pignon bearing, collapsible sleeve)
I wounder if this is related, or happening bc the diff was opened....
I tried mine today and it was quiet. I'm mixed emotions, don't know if i should be happy or sad?
The guy that refereed me to this thread is also having some issues.