1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

suspension headliner... help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:22 PM
goose_ss4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension headliner... help

hey guys some sad news,

i recently went home from deployment for the holidays, and bought a whole bunch of parts before i made back to California for my 56. trying to get enough to keep me busy while i was there, and enjoyed my time very much. during the rush to get home i ordered a suspension headliner custom kit from mid 50's. nice kit think it is great quality. cost a couple hundred bucks. i pulled a trigger on a grey tweed headliner, but..... it is not even close to rest of the interior of the truck.

i tried calling five times, and talking to five different people to see if i could return the headliner, or exchange for the right color. mid 50's did not want it back. i begged for them to take it back for some store credit because i need some other parts, no dice.

i told them " i just took the headliner material out of the box, and went oh no... wrong color", and put it back. still wouldn't take it back.

if anyone would like to take this brand new headliner kit please contact me. its for a small window cab. its brand new.

here is my email. i will repost in the classifieds as well, but will also consider trades. looking for a radiator and hood flip kit.

goose_ss4@yahoo.com

thanks guys

dan

Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
At least you got 20 cents' worth of tootsie rolls....

Did you order the wrong color, or did they ship the wrong color?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM
goose_ss4
Senior User
No ill admit I ordered the wrong one.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Branded
Senior User
I dont understand why they arent wanting to accept the headliner from what your telling us.

Here's Mid Fifties Return Policy.

Over the last decade or so I have been able to follow simple common sense regarding returns. Now however I am forced to institute a return policy. Building a truck is a huge, complicated, time consuming endeavor and we understand it is difficult to deal with standard 30 day return policies. Therefore ours is the most lenient policy heard of, in this, or any other industry. Our products enjoy both heat and air conditioning, and are stocked according to individual needs, Fiberglass, Rubber, Wood, Stainless, Aluminum, and Raw Steel all must be handled differently and stocked accordingly to avoid tarnish, rust or changes in shape or durability. We carefully order and stock rubber products so our customers receive the best possible piece, we do not sell rubber items that are "old" (unless NOS or S&D) therefore we can not accept rubber products after 1 year. Stainless and Aluminum may tarnish in some environments, Polished finishes can not be returned after 1 year. Nothing damaged due to handling, storage, or return shipping can be accepted. When returning items you MUST carefully package to avoid damage. Fighting UPS for a claim is not easy and is the shippers responsibility.

A restocking fee may be charged after 3 months, 6 months, 9 months & 1 Year.
Wood products are not returnable after 30 days. Rubber and Raw Steel are not returnable after one year. Polished Stainless, Chrome and Polished Aluminum are not returnable after one year.
Items requiring any special handling to sell may be charged a restocking fee.
Discontinued obsolete or redesigned items are not returnable after one year.
Of course items that have been modified, painted, installed, etc. are not returnable.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
goose_ss4
Senior User
They said since it is a special order they can't. Reason for they can't sell the headliner in a timely manner.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Branded
Senior User
Their return policy saws nothing about not accepting returns on supposeably Special Order items.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
goose_ss4
Senior User
Does anyone know the owner? I don't want to stay a bagd rap for anyone. Had anyone dealt with this before

Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Branded
Their return policy saws nothing about not accepting returns on supposeably Special Order items.
Be realistic, what company accepts returns on special orders that the customer speced wrong? Mid Fifty bends over backwards to service and accommodate us as fairly as realistically possible with one of the most liberal return policies in the industry. Sometimes you must accept responsibility for ones own mistake. The original poster admits it was his fault, and just wants to recoup some of his cost.
Don't fault Mid Fifty!

Old 01-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by goose_ss4
hey guys some sad news,

i pulled a trigger on a grey tweed headliner, but..... it is not even close to rest of the interior of the truck.

thanks guys

dan
Dan, can you post a picture of this headliner? Someone might be looking for just that thing...

Old 01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Branded
Senior User
Ax
I'm not blaming Mid Fifties and I'm trying to be realistic and trying to help the fella out, not drop kick him through the goal posts of life. I also looked up the headliner he bought from Mid Fifties and it doesnt any place in the listing as being special order and or not being returnable.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
goose_ss4
Senior User
No pictures on their website. Only catalog.

They have one of a vynal material but not tweed, and already left home back to station. But ill try to get something up

Old 01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Tweed interiors lost popularity a decade ago...I don't see much market for it today, maybe that is a contributing factor in MidFifty's decision. There are many dyes available today that should work on that material...I have used many on leather and vinyl and even cloth fabrics. Leatherique is a company that I deal with regularly...they will custom mix a dye for you if you send them a sample. I sent them a sample of my truck color and they matched it with a dye that I will be using as as contrast color in my interior.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:31 AM
goose_ss4
Senior User
update

i have been getting the run around at mid 50's. i brought up that in the catalouge i ordered the headliner from did not say the product was not returnable. also that there own return policy states that it should not be a problem either. i have called at least twice this week to check in, and wrote emails asking for some help. i really like to return it, and get some other products from these guys, but not if they are willing to work with me on this. and i need alot of parts too, which they are not going to get any more of my business.