Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Vibrations on 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM
elkcrazedfrk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! It sounds like the very same problem I have been having with my truck, a 2012 Ford F150 4x4 King Ranch (28,000 miles).
We got a bad snow storm with 10+ inches of snow. I had the truck flipped into the "auto" setting due to slick roads. After a week or so, I put it back into 4x2 and instantly felt and heard a grinding sound. It almost sounded as though it were stuck in the auto setting? I tried everything including putting into and out of 4x4 high, low, auto and 4x2, to no avail.

I noticed the grinding/vibration at about 25-30mph and could feel it first in the driver's seat and floorboard. It was more subtle at first, then got worse and worse over a span of a couple weeks. To the point that everyone in the truck could hear and feel the vibration.
All the info on this thread is interesting, it seems as though there are a lot of similar complaints on these newer f150's. I am going to definitely pass onto our dealership to look into an unbalanced driveshaft. They have had my truck for a month now and just last week were bringing in a Ford engineer cause they haven't been able to figure it out. Very frustrating for sure.
Out of curiosity, has anyone had troubles with this grinding/vibration IN ADDITION to abnormal tire wear and bad alignment??

Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi Jonesy0027,

Any news about your truck? Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you need my assistance; include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership in your message.

Crystal
Hello all (you too Crystal ),
I droppped off my truck at the dealership today with 1,105 miles. I drove the truck on the highway with my salesman and a dealership mechanic. At approximately, 63mph let off the accelorator coasted. The vibrations were felt in the seat and floorpan(not in the steering wheel) by the salesman and mechanic. I'll keep everyone informed as to the resutls from the dealership.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
elkcrazedfrk
New User
I'll be picking up our truck tomorrow. Supposedly it's "fixed". If it isn't I'll be gettin in touch with you Crystal. Thanks

Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Originally Posted by elkcrazedfrk
I'll be picking up our truck tomorrow. Supposedly it's "fixed". If it isn't I'll be gettin in touch with you Crystal. Thanks
So what did they 'fix'?

Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Jonsey...I have battled a vibration with my 2013 for some time now. The service manager put in a 2 inch shim kit to make my driveline angle closer to 0 degrees which solved my non towing vibration and shuddering.

I still have vibration at 65 when towing and they have agreed to purchase a Air Lift system for my vehicle. Everything is on this link...enjoy the reading

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rvice-rep.html

Old 01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
Jonsey...I have battled a vibration with my 2013 for some time now. The service manager put in a 2 inch shim kit to make my driveline angle closer to 0 degrees which solved my non towing vibration and shuddering.

I still have vibration at 65 when towing and they have agreed to purchase a Air Lift system for my vehicle. Everything is on this link...enjoy the reading

Thanks PrinceValium. As long as they fix it!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:23 AM
captchas
Originally Posted by Jonesy0027
Captchas,
So does your 2014 Ford F150 have vibrations in the seat and floorpan? Meaning, have the vibration issue been resolved in your 2014? Appreciate your input. Adios.
so far so good with the 14 man. wish it was the same with our 13 escape's 1.6 motor leaking oil. recall number 5 just came for it. our Toyota Tacoma 's drive line shudder turned out to be a combo issue trans was under filled by 2qts at the factory allowing the lockup clutch in the convertor to break apart, new trans issue gone.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by PrinceValium

so you solved 1 problem and created another. So with the air bags and the shim kit, are you confident this will eliminate both vibration issues? But what I don't understand is why cant FORD determine the cause of the vibration,, where is the vibration coming from? Driveshaft?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 AM
elkcrazedfrk
New User
Vibration and grinding seem to be fixed. Apparently bad front drivers side hub.???

They say airbag is fine. Waiting to get that in writing!

They can't get the heated seats to not work.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home!
so you solved 1 problem and created another. So with the air bags and the shim kit, are you confident this will eliminate both vibration issues? But what I don't understand is why cant FORD determine the cause of the vibration,, where is the vibration coming from? Driveshaft?
Well I will let you know how it is when I get the bags installed. So far it has been driveliine angle that has helped a lot. If it were the driveshaft...changing the driveline angle wouldn't have made a difference. I still ddon't rule out some axle wrap under load.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
** Vibrations Update **

Hello all,
Good news!!!

Last week I drove my truck with the Ford dealership service tech and my Ford salesman. They both felt the vibrations(60mph, let off the accelerator and coast). Monday they put my tires on a 'road wheel balancer'. The tires had flat spots. My truck was received at the dealership in June of 2013. When I test drove the truck in late December it had 3.8 miles on the odometer. Meaning it sat on the lot for about 6 months with little or no use or test drives.

The Ford dealership removed my tires and replaced my tires with a new truck's tires they had on their lot for only a month(according to my salesman). The dealership also measured and confirmed the drive line angles are within specifications. Drove the truck today and I believe the 'vibrations' are gone! The ride is definitely improved. g

I appreciate everyone's help! Everyone's input helped me give the dealership the correct information description. Thank you.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:43 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Hello all,
Good news!!!

Last week I drove my truck with the Ford dealership service tech and my Ford salesman. They both felt the vibrations(60mph, let off the accelerator and coast). Monday they put my tires on a 'road wheel balancer'. The tires had flat spots. My truck was received at the dealership in June of 2013. When I test drove the truck in late December it had 3.8 miles on the odometer. Meaning it sat on the lot for about 6 months with little or no use or test drives.

The Ford dealership removed my tires and replaced my tires with a new truck's tires they had on their lot for only a month(according to my salesman). The dealership also measured and confirmed the drive line angles are within specifications. Drove the truck today and I believe the 'vibrations' are gone! The ride is definitely improved. g

I appreciate everyone's help! Everyone's input helped me give the dealership the correct information description. Thank you.
Glad they got that resolved for you!

Old 09-08-2014, 05:41 PM
F150 Shudder
New User
Its only going to get worse

Just bought my 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 on Saturday. I noticed a vibration at 35 to 45 mph. Its a slight vibration, the whole truck kind of shakes. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? Really annoying for a truck with less than 200 miles. Let me know your thoughts. Adios.

I have been dealing with this issue on my 2013 F150 FX 4 with 6' 5" bed. Shudder/vibration started at 364 miles and original dealer told me I was nuts. Problem had gotten progressively worse with age. Now have owned 8 months and have 6,500 miles. I am no longer comfortable towing with the vehicle. Ford had factory service engineer evaluate the vehicle last week. During evaluation he said that the vehicle condition not normal. After having the vehicle for three days he had the dealership report to me that the condition is normal. Not sure how the representatives from Ford can take themselves seriously. This is a known issue with the F 150 Super Crew with the 6'5" bed. We have developed a two and one half inch thick binder with all of the correspondence on this. Ford has told me that it is normal, that it is not normal, that they only have a 50% repair for the problem, that engineering is working on the problem and has not identified a fix at this time. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me and we will turn the heat up a little on this issue. I am not happy paying $50K for a vehicle with a known flaw that there is only a 50% fix for. Not going to happen Ford. If you would like names and contacts at Ford please let me know. I have several. As a side note. The dealership I am working with has suggested three different options that might make the problem less noticeable. Of course Ford is in denial and will not pay for the suggested fixes offered by their own dealer. Stay tuned!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Hello F150 Shudder,
My vibration issue has been resolved, when they replaced the tires. At the moment, I'm have A/C issues. Yes, please send me the names you have at Ford. Thank you.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:30 PM
rhcdjr
New User
Guy's,
I seem to remember a blog about vibration when towing, I am unable to locate it so here is my story. 2012 SCREW Platinum 4x4 5.0 with 3.55 rear, truck is not a issue in daily city or highway driving. However when I tow which happened the first time in April 2014, I notice a vibration, very noticeable and not too heart warming. I felt that it was the trailer, it sets in my barn and figured the tires were flat spotted. Well I am on a trip right now 859 miles to my farm with a small 12' utility trailer vibrates like hell, enough that my empty passenger seats shakes. I know it is not the trailer since my brother in law and I took it attached to his Chevy for a road trip the weekend before with no issue. So I am not feeling confident the dealer will be able to diagnose or resolve. Has anyone seen a thread about this issue with a fix that resolved the issue?

Quick Reply: Vibrations on 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4