Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Vibrations on 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Engguy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 had the same problem, just got it fixed. Dealer replaced the torque converter under warranty.
See my post under "2010 F-150 with transmission shutter".

Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM
69satelite
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home!
your 5.0 F150 is only getting 13.5? You must love hearing that exhaust note!! I am loving the sound again of a V8, my 6.2L just sounds too dam sweet..
I live in the city and hate cold vehicles. It takes along time to warm up some mornings.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by 69satelite
I live in the city and hate cold vehicles. It takes along time to warm up some mornings.

these engines hate warming up and idling..you can watch the mpgs drop. I will say this 6.2 warms up a lot quicker than my 3.5EB. I sure hope you can find a solution,, you should be getting at 15-17 city..

Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 69z
FYI to all who may be interested. When feeling a vibration in your vehicle a quick check for tires is to put the vehicle in neutral momentarily while driving (and being aware of safe surroundings), if the vibration stops its in the drive train, also a drive train vibration will be felt in the seat and floor pan.Drive train can be anything from transmission, drive shaft to rear end(more likely drive shaft than not). Tire vibration more than not will be felt in the steering wheel. Not to confuse anyone but a rear tire vibration can almost feel like drive train, so depending on the side of the vehicle your feeling it from you can totally alleviate tires by switching back tires to front. I Hope this helps others.
Appreciate the information. I'll give it a try.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
69satelite
Freshman User
these engines hate warming up and idling..you can watch the mpgs drop. I will say this 6.2 warms up a lot quicker than my 3.5EB. I sure hope you can find a solution,, you should be getting at 15-17 city..
It normally does in the warmer months.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
*** Vibrations Update ***
Well boys,
Everything we talked about on this thread is true. Yesterday I dropped off the truck at the dealer telling them about the vibrations. Of course they balanced the tires and SAID repair is complete. NOT EVEN CLOSE, the truck still vibrates!!!

Exact words from the dealer, 'Corrected by (N25) (D9) tire and wheel assembly - check run-out / Road Force and balance. Verified customer concerns it vibrates at 30mph and up. Check balance on tires and found all tires out of balance. Retest drive vehicle to make sure repair is complete'.

Been buying new Fords for 25years. This means the Ford dealership is not going to check the anything else (like drivetrain) until I complain several more times and get in contact with the regional service manager. I'm a middle class family guy who can't afford an attorney to sue a Billion dollar corporation. Basically Ford is calling my bluff. I'll drive it a few more weeks and get back with the dealer to push them to check the drive train and drive shaft(unbalanced?). Any input you guys have is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 PM
69z
New User
I suggest you do the test as I stated above yourself, then come up with your own conclusion. Be persistent as this is not ford, but the dealer who is at fault. I have in the past encountered this with dealers, but being persistent and maybe a little more directive with the problem got my problem fixed. I'm not sure what brand of tires you have on your truck, but I purchased a NEW SET of Michelin (from the ford dealer) on my 2006 truck only to have a vibration. After a couple of visits and complaints the technician(apparently not the lazy one) found that one of the NEW tires had a flat spot in the tire! Defective tire! Replaced the tire, vibration gone. This does happen with new tires even with a brand new vehicle. Tech actually spun tire on machine by hand and noticed the spot on the tire. Try to isolate front or back and even left side or right side if possible. Hope this helps you out

Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Originally Posted by 69z
I suggest you do the test as I stated above yourself, then come up with your own conclusion. Be persistent as this is not ford, but the dealer who is at fault. I have in the past encountered this with dealers, but being persistent and maybe a little more directive with the problem got my problem fixed. I'm not sure what brand of tires you have on your truck, but I purchased a NEW SET of Michelin (from the ford dealer) on my 2006 truck only to have a vibration. After a couple of visits and complaints the technician(apparently not the lazy one) found that one of the NEW tires had a flat spot in the tire! Defective tire! Replaced the tire, vibration gone. This does happen with new tires even with a brand new vehicle. Tech actually spun tire on machine by hand and noticed the spot on the tire. Try to isolate front or back and even left side or right side if possible. Hope this helps you out
69Z Thank you.

I did drive the truck at multiple speeds(30, 40, 50 and 60mph) then put it in neutral, costing to feel the vibration. Yes, I did still feel the vibration. As you stated, to me that means this some type of tire issue. Who knows, I'm no expert. I'll keep prodding the dealer. Spend all that money on a brand new vehicle and it's not right. What a real pain in the A**.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Richie B
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vibration

I had the same problem with my 2011 F150 Supercab. Brought it back to the dealer for wheel balance 7 times. He sent it out to a tire dealer that specialized in problem tires with no change in the ride. He bought the truck back giving me what I had paid for it. I did buy another F150 this time a 2012 Supercrew off the lot but not until I drove 14 of them to find the one that didn't vibrate.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jonesy0027
69Z Thank you.

I did drive the truck at multiple speeds(30, 40, 50 and 60mph) then put it in neutral, costing to feel the vibration. Yes, I did still feel the vibration. As you stated, to me that means this some type of tire issue. Who knows, I'm no expert. I'll keep prodding the dealer. Spend all that money on a brand new vehicle and it's not right. What a real pain in the A**.
then it could be flat spot on tires,, these truck sit forever in one place on lot causing the tires to flat spot. all the balancing in the world (wheel) wont get rid of it,, why not try replacing with brand new tires off the rack not from another truck on lot.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
then it could be flat spot on tires,, these truck sit forever in one place on lot causing the tires to flat spot. all the balancing in the world (wheel) wont get rid of it,, why not try replacing with brand new tires off the rack not from another truck on lot.
Very well could be a flat spot on the tire. Not sure how to tell by looking at the tire. Unfortunately, right now I cant afford to buy new tires for a brand new truck.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM
69z
New User
You might want to try putting the rear tires on the front and see if it changes. You should be able to feel vibration through the steering wheel if there's a bad tire.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesy0027
Very well could be a flat spot on the tire. Not sure how to tell by looking at the tire. Unfortunately, right now I cant afford to buy new tires for a brand new truck.
Hi Jonesy0027,

Any news about your truck? Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you need my assistance; include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership in your message.

Crystal

Old 01-17-2014, 07:21 AM
captchas
we won a lemon law on our fx 4 quad cab the 13 is now a 14 . yet we also have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma with the same issue, they have changed the rear springs, driveshaft, trans mount, shocks, no fix. yet yesterday we find out they are testing 40 trucks in az with new designed springs with a different angle and new designed drive shaft, center hanger bearing and more.
reason I bring it up is both companies use spicer to make the drive shafts and hope ford follows them up

Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Jonesy0027
Tuned
Originally Posted by captchas
we won a lemon law on our fx 4 quad cab the 13 is now a 14 . yet we also have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma with the same issue, they have changed the rear springs, driveshaft, trans mount, shocks, no fix. yet yesterday we find out they are testing 40 trucks in az with new designed springs with a different angle and new designed drive shaft, center hanger bearing and more.
reason I bring it up is both companies use spicer to make the drive shafts and hope ford follows them up
Captchas,
So does your 2014 Ford F150 have vibrations in the seat and floorpan? Meaning, have the vibration issue been resolved in your 2014? Appreciate your input. Adios.

Quick Reply: Vibrations on 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4