Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Buck$Zooka Blasts for Baby (New Year)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Buck$Zooka Blasts for Baby (New Year)

2013 marked ten years of age for the newest of our trucks, and the older ones are teenagers. Some have been garaged and taken on occasional trips, others have been rode hard and long, and there's everything in between. Whatever the history is on your truck/van/Excursion, very few of us are without the need for something added, replaced, or repaired on our aging fleet... even if it's just updated music, new rims, or mud flaps.

That being said, I'm blasting away over here with both the Buck$Zooka and the Quarter Caliber. Stinky will have his gauges reconfigured (spares already have a home), some additional electronics, a dash cover, a tailgate EZ-down, and a few back-burner issues addressed - now that he's running right (good riddance to 2013).

How about you? What are your plans for 2014? Will your changes loosen up some toys that others may enjoy? What are your goals? More comfort, convenience, reliability, pizazz, or Powah?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 AM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Morning Rich,
I have already started my expenses for the new year. I figured while I was semi permanent here in WA for the next yr, I'd spend some money on Tom while he was resting. So I found a shop (yes I let someone else do the work, I just don't have the place or the want to right now). I'm having him repair or replace anything from the floorboards down. He's replacing ALL the bearings in the front and rear axles ,new rotors,pads,calipers and rubber brake hoses. Balance and straighten drive shafts, check pilot and throwout bearings. I told him " pretend its yours, what would you do it you were going to haul 18K to West Virginia?" My thought is its 12 yrs old, 5-10K is way cheaper than 80K for a new truck. on a sad note we did discover my 2 speed is SHOT. since US Gear doesn't manufacture or support them any longer. I'm back to just 6 gears. til I can find someone that can refurbish a new input shaft and shift collar.
I've been think about an updated paint job but that's still in the wind.
Barney

Old 12-28-2013, 08:52 AM
stinson 108-1
stinson 108-1
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking of a head unit with sirius/xm. I already have 4 new speakers on a shelf. Also want to do more break work like new rubber hoses and such. I already did Dynomat on the floor years back, but would like to do everything including the roof. I have all that on a shelf too. What I lack is time.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Sorry to hear about the 2-speed. When I run into a situation like that, there is a local vendor that provides custom equipment for the food processing industry (very big here). They have a complete machine shop and can do anything to a drive shaft. You might look into something like that locally... or you can try your luck at having the part shipped to Van Doren Sales in Wenatchee for remanufacture. They are not cheap, but they are very skilled and back up their work.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by stinson 108-1
I'm thinking of a head unit with sirius/xm.
Be sure to post on the forum when you're ready... many here have experience with that, and I try to keep up on what's new.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:00 AM
stinson 108-1
stinson 108-1
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I will Rich. The options make me dizzy, so in put will help, thanks.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:14 AM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
Be sure to post on the forum when you're ready... many here have experience with that, and I try to keep up on what's new.
I just bought my wife a new head unit for her Tahoe for Christmas. A Pioneer avic z150bh..VERY nice unit. Navi, Bluetooth, app mode and more.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by stinson 108-1
I will Rich. The options make me dizzy, so in put will help, thanks.
With the capabilities of today's units, you pretty much need to list what you don't want it to do. For example, I rarely use GPS, so I didn't want the added expense... nor do I want disk media: I'm strictly solid-state (SD card or the like).

Originally Posted by schlepprock250
I just bought my wife a new head unit for her Tahoe for Christmas. A Pioneer avic z150bh..VERY nice unit. Navi, Bluetooth, app mode and more.
App radios (while interfaced through your iPhone/Android with a fancy-schmancy adaptor cable) give us all a powerful capability: Dash Command (OBDII gauge).

Old 12-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 579 Likes on 374 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger on a rust free 2004 crew cab and doors. Like many others, I'd prefer to rehab a 2001 year for $10k than buy newer for $40-50k.

Future? Sound deaden the new cab, bodywork/paint, maybe a head unit, maybe fit up 2005 headlights/grill.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:16 AM
diehardstroker
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill be spending my money on an oil change, going to 5w-40 mobil 1 TDT. im also thinking of doing a coolant flush and adding a coolant filtration system from dieselsite. Im still a youngster so I got some $$ from Christmas and im going to do some cosmetic stuff with it in the spring with DHamSTER.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 AM
bdave
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have 160k on my 2000 F250 4x4 automatic trans. with a John Woods valve body. Most of those miles towing a 13,000# 5th whl. Since we are going to the Texas gulf coast Jan.-March, I might return to Co. through Ark. and have Brian install on of his famous transmissions.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:34 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
Might get a paint job as the clear coat is coming off the roof and paint on the tailgate is also coming off. Damn high desert heat is killing it, good for rust prevention but not so much for paint..

Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
pin8246
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not many issues with mine over here, so I'll be starting with the suspension next year. Figured its 14 years old, so upgrading it wouldnt hurt. Been researching lifts and everthing along with it, and by looking at one members truck I'm leaning towards a 8-8.5 inch lift. Tried to ask him a couple questions, but after giving the truck to his son, guess hes not on here much anymore. And if your wondering its Platinum Petes truck.

So next year for me should bring a 8 inch lift, a set of 20x10 or 12 inch wheels, and 38xsomething on tires. Wheels and tires im still looking into.

Those are my plans as long as nothing else gets in the way, which it always seems to.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
My plans consistent of ditching my 8" lift springs and building a full on custom suspension. Triangulate 4-link for the rear. Custom 3-link for the front with 5k pound air bags at all four corners. I'm going to start with the rear first and as funds come in I will be buying parts and pieces. This project may take longer then this year.
I'll also be adding a couple gauges and building custom mounts for all of them. I haven't figured out exactly where I'm going to mount them but with an unlimited amount of sheet metal tools and know how I'm sure I'll come up with something I'll be happy with.
I only put 3 k miles on the truck last year and she's at 122500 now with a new transmission.
Gears are on my list, going to go with 4:56s and put my locker in the rear end one of these days, new EBC pads and rotors are on the list too.
Once I get around to it I'm gonna pull the plug on the block and see for sure if I have PMRs and if I do I'll leave the engine alone for a while. If I don't that'll be a whole new project that I have a good base line of what I'm going to do such as 250/200s Srp1.1 yada yada yada.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Barring any unforeseen monetary necessity... Motorbug is finally getting jekters.
And a hydra.
And a billet wheel.
More bedliner.
A custom rear underseat box to house 2 12" subs.
And a mobile machine shop to drag around.
Its going to be an incredibly busy year.

Momma said i cant buy any more guns until the above list is completed...

Quick Reply: Buck$Zooka Blasts for Baby (New Year)