Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

E pump 6.9

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:51 PM
d-day
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E pump 6.9

Was searching around here and was thinking about doing a E lift pump because mine is leaking... anyway might use this pump but my concern is that is says its 6 volt?

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.orei...&keyword=e8011

I was planning on mounting it by the fuel filter bracket

Old 12-27-2013, 05:15 PM
racer30
Senior User
There are many pumps available to use that are 12 volt...any pump that moves at least 30 GPH will work...Just make sure its 5 psi or less or you could affect your advance a little.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by racer30
...Just make sure its 5 psi or less or you could affect your advance a little...
I can caveat that with even more important info... Too much fuel in volume through the IP will wreak havoc on it's ability to run correctly. You need to find a fuel pump that only pushes 8 psi max. And you want it regulated to about 5-6 psi. If you use a "high pressure" pump like from a Super Duty, and regulate it down, it will still be pushing waaaaaay too much fuel through the pump and your engine will run like crap. This happened to one of the guys on OB, as he was running a Super Duty pump and couldn't figure out why his engine ran like crap with a brand new injection pump and injectors. He finally figured it out after changing his e-pump out to a carter that only pushed 8 psi.

And mount it as close to the tank as you can get it, down on the frame. It'll be happier down there. You don't want an e-pump to "pull" fuel. You want it to "push" fuel.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I prefer the simplicity of the manual pump myself, but if I was going to go the e-pump route I'd check into this discussion and group buy at Oil Burners on this carrier pump, looks like a nice setup for a good price:

Carrier Pump Group Buy

How to replace your mechanical fuel pump with a Facet Duralift electric fuel pump

Old 12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
bashby
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater
I prefer the simplicity of the manual pump myself, but if I was going to go the e-pump route I'd check into this discussion and group buy at Oil Burners on this carrier pump, looks like a nice setup for a good price:

Carrier Pump Group Buy

How to replace your mechanical fuel pump with a Facet Duralift electric fuel pump

I recently went this route and have been happy with it so far.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
d-day
Elder User
How much are these pumps going for?

Old 12-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Through the group buy it's $80 shipped. All the info is on the first post of the group buy thread.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:48 PM
d-day
Elder User
Through the group buy it's $80 shipped. All the info is on the first post of the group buy thread.
Cool thank you, doing some research on the pump its actually pretty decent

Old 12-28-2013, 04:59 PM
bashby
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by d-day
Cool thank you, doing some research on the pump its actually pretty decent

Yeah, the pump is supposed to be about the most reliable out there. I've heard a couple people say they didn't flow enough but I think that was for more heavily modified trucks.
I looked for one cheaper on the net and couldn't find one. If I needed another one I'd buy it from him again without thinking about it.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 PM
d-day
Elder User
Originally Posted by bashby

Yeah, the pump is supposed to be about the most reliable out there. I've heard a couple people say they didn't flow enough but I think that was for more heavily modified trucks.
I looked for one cheaper on the net and couldn't find one. If I needed another one I'd buy it from him again without thinking about it.
That's great to hear thank you. It'll be basically stock other than a turbo, stock IP and injectors. So I think it should be ok, thanks again

Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
the facet duralift pump is the one you want to use.
you are not limited to under the truck at the fuel tank mounting with it either, because it will dead lift 12 foot straight up to prime.
i have mine mounted at the fuel filter head on my 88 so it stays warm and protected from the elements.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
southtexasidi
Senior User
How much fuel pressure will your duralift pump put out?? Did you have to regulate it down? What regulator are you running??

Old 01-07-2014, 06:26 AM
bashby
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by southtexasidi
How much fuel pressure will your duralift pump put out?? Did you have to regulate it down? What regulator are you running??
No regulator needed. All the specs are in the first post of the group buy thread on OB. I cut and pasted it here.

Price is $80/ shipped.

Updated on 2-9-2013

Carrier Transicold #30-01108-02SV, made by Facet (40296)

• Self-priming with a 10 ft. minimum lift
• Check valve
• 4 hour dry run
• Self-regulating
• 30 GPH
• 11.5 - 9 PSI
• VCA approved EC 95/54
• 80 Micron Stainless Steel Filter
• Transient Protection
• State-of-the-Art Electronic
• Sealed Electronics
• Reverse Polarity Protection
• Corrosion Resistant over 100 hours salt spray
• Durable Transparent fuel bowl
• Light Weight - 3LBs at 7 1/4”
• Low Power Requirements 1.4 amp on average

Here's a good thread on how to install which includes some parts for connecting it up: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sho...tric-fuel-pump

Thanks to RLDSL for this info on the Packard plug:

Well, I got bored and started digging, the Napa part number for the shell of the plug is NW 725176 and the metal pins are NW 725171
There are also two little green round rubber seals that you will need that slip over the wires and fit into the end of the housing when you clip it shut that keep the connector water tight, but I can't find the Napa number for those. Once you get the parts guy in that vacinity, the little seals should be within arms reach.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 AM
jas88
Lead Driver

Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts
I put the Carrier pump from Genlightening in my diesel Bronco and it helps it cold starting quite a bit. I can let it sit for a week and it still fires right up.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
d-day
Elder User

Carrier Pump Group Buy

What size fitting goes on the line from the tank? I didn't see what he used. Also is the filter inlet the same for a 7.3/6.9?

Quick Reply: E pump 6.9