Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of messing with my obs

Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Tired of messing with my obs

So I have a 1995 f350srw crew cab long bed, truck has 730,xxx miles, well maintained with 4k oil changes, 8 new injectors, 8 GP and GP relay, truck has minimal blow by. So, one day one of the drivers was driving it and went to fill up, well guess what happe no start, at first I though he might of put gas but no. Later that day I towed it to my house, plugged in my auto enguniuty pulled this codes(p1667 p1668 p1663) I checked the UVCH to see if it was unplugged or burnt but it was new, so no go there. I installed an IDM from one of the other trucks but no go When I do the buzz test this codes keep poping up. I also get no smoke while it's cranking.
Thigs I replaced
CKPS
IDM
IPR.
ICP
Stiffer fuel spring(I'm getting about 45-55lbs while crancking )
If anyone could help or know of a mechanic in El PASo Tx I would appreciate it I don't got the time to work on it, and it's been sitting almost a year at my house.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
arkredneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is the tach moving while it cranks? Might could see with the ae if any icp or duty cycle readings appear

Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Slightly not enough to assume it moves, as for the scanner I can only do a buzz test all other options are not available so i cant see the icp or ipr duty cycles weird I know guess the obd2 on my truck was not set up right.
One thing I forgot to mention that the maxi fuse 22, and the fuel heater are good(block heater is unplug)

Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Are the battery's good Enough to spin it over fast. My 97 choose not to start for a while and could not figure out why I swapped idm PCM and CPs and it finally started when I swapped a PCM. After it ran I swapped all the old parts back on it and it still ran never figured it out

Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 PM
oldbird1965
Post Fiend
oldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to beholdoldbird1965 is a splendid one to behold
After all that stuff you replaced, the 1668 might mean a new PCM is in order? FDCS & CID??

Old 12-16-2013, 09:35 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
Yeah battery's are new and fully charged spins with out a miss , so im assuming I need a new pcm because those codes keep coming up, anyone in the forums that can fix it, because they are pretty expensive at the dealer, or any reputable seller you can point out. Thank you I was leaning to the PCM but did not want to throw more money into it with out knowing for sure.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
stainlessstroker95 has a good reputation on FTE.stainlessstroker95 has a good reputation on FTE.stainlessstroker95 has a good reputation on FTE.
730,000k?!?!

Old 12-17-2013, 06:23 AM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
OldWoodsDiesel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
^^^^ x2 ^^^^ my thoughts exactly, gabe!

how do you even keep track of all those 400k mile odometer rollovers?

Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
plowhand
Playing in the Dirt
plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.
Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market put in your info and location, if you can find one get a 97, updated programing.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster
pjwoolw is a name known to allpjwoolw is a name known to allpjwoolw is a name known to allpjwoolw is a name known to allpjwoolw is a name known to allpjwoolw is a name known to all
If you do end up needing a PCM Python Injection is a good repair outfit. IDM fuse and relay good?

Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
As for the. Idm relay and fuse yes they are good.
As for the milage on the truck the millage on mine stopped at 399999 and stayed there (I thought it broke so I took it to some ilegal place where they ``fix oddometer`` he told me he could erase the odometer to what ever millage i wanted (juarez mexico) so I had it put to zero, since I was planning on keeping it till the motor was shot but never happened' now it has almost 330xxx again. I want it running since its already retired from the fleet and want it for myself(OBS bug stung me and really bad

Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
That truck has used like 35-40000 gallons of fuel

Old 12-18-2013, 12:04 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
cowmilker08 has a very good reputation on FTE.cowmilker08 has a very good reputation on FTE.cowmilker08 has a very good reputation on FTE.cowmilker08 has a very good reputation on FTE.
What kind of condition is it in? I don't think I've ever seen an OBS with that many miles on it.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:10 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
madMatador78 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.madMatador78 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think pics are in order! I too would be curious to see an OBS with those kind of miles.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
I'll post some pics tommorow
The body has zero rust, it`s missind the flat bed since I had to put it on another truck' the interior has no carpet back seat was moved to the front since onof the drivers spilled glue or something like that (had to get a bench seat for the back seat since I could not find the captains for the front)
The rear leaf springs are shot (still oem and prob from to much overloading and from that 1500lbs flat bed that was on there for 15 + years) has the original drivetrain (tranny,engine,suspension,except for 2sets of ball joints and misc front suspension compon:ents,)
Mostly regular maitnance 4k oil changes including pumping out the old oil from the hpop and oil rails(taking one of the bolts on each side and pumping the old oil out and putting new oil in) on every oil change( at 4k the oil looks like it came out the gallon ) tranny every 50k including the filter, diff 50k, greassing every thing that has a grease nipple.
Just goes to prove the realibity of engine manufacturer and truck manufacturer and good maintnance, this things can go forever
FORGET THE 10k OIL CHANGE do it sooner and you won't have injector probs
The trannys are bullet proof when not messing with the stock tune and proper maintnace is key including, TC oil, and filter
Air filters at every 3 oil canges
Fuel filters at every 3 oil changes
Oil at 4k and for oil filters I have used several different brands they are all the same ****z
forgot to mention I have and always use 15~40 rotella good oil for use in the 7.3

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tired of messing with my obs

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: