1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1951 F5 From Kuwait (project)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Zord
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
If you're capable of doing all that to an F-5, you've far surpassed the abilities of most of the people here.
I'm not that super doer.. but still, I had enough skill to cut Pontiac GTO into two half and widening it.

Originally Posted by 38 coupe
Looks like an awfully nice original truck to cut up.
I wish if I had another choice to use this truck as is,,, but you know Kuwait is small country, so big truck isn't popular here... and I sense how do you feel

Originally Posted by ben73058
Hey Zaman,
Did you get the truck?
No.. not yet .. I'm still collecting more info about it and about the project itself.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Zord? Are you still at war? Hows that going for ya?

Prolly makes it a bit hard to ship in parts?

Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Zord
New User
Originally Posted by arctic y block

today I spoke with the car owner, conditioning the deal as a must to have VIN stamped on the frame so I wont face any problem get the car license and plate from police res. dpt. (I'm slow decision maker anyway)

I didn't get you on the shipping parts .. you mean sending the car back again to the states or getting parts I need for the car shipped to Kuwait?

Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I'll add my welcome to FTE.

The dash on that F5 is a little different.

On a stock truck, from left to right should be the starter button, light switch and throttle on the left side of the steering column. On the right side of the steering column should be choke and ignition switch.

On this F5, there's a **** on the far left for something where the start button should be. But apparently there's no start button, and the ignition switch is definitely not stock. So maybe a previous owner converted it to an ignition/starter switch, like on a more modern vehicle. Perhaps that **** where the start button goes is for the headlights.

And none of the ***** are stock.

But that's a great looking F5! Good luck with your plans to convert it to an F1.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:39 PM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Normalbloke
Senior User
Originally Posted by arctic y block

Is that a serious question??

Old 12-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Zord
New User
Originally Posted by Normalbloke
Is that a serious question??

OOOOOH .. I was seriously dizy last night when I replied to that guy, I thought he meantthis project by saying (war).

well .. I can see now the difference between educated and non educated people ))))

Old 12-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Normalbloke
Senior User
Hi Zaman, welcome to the forum! I'm in the UK doing a 56 F100.Nice to see your project, it looks like a great starting point. I'm not that knowledgeable compared to some of the more experienced on here, but the forum is a great font of knowledge. I appreciate the fun and games that can be had building a truck in it's non native country, but I suspect I may have it easy in comparison. Good luck, and keep the updates coming along.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:11 AM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Smile

I do find that, while some of us are even less up to date than myself on current global events, or even English as a first (and only) language, the knowledge of Ford trucks is often quite profound. Much of the time it is based on true world experience and there is no better teacher than the "school of hard knocks" as we sometimes jokingly call life's experiences. It has been many times that I have been educated by more than one man with little to no schooling. In fact, I never finished American high school. I had to find work instead.
So, in my opinion, we gladly read through the typographical errors, errant misspellings, blatant misunderstandings and mis-statements and find the answers to our Ford-related questions (not to mention some great folks) here.
That is my 2c, and it is almost worth what you paid for it.
Back to the topic at hand. That is a sweet-looking truck.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:30 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zord
today I spoke with the car owner, conditioning the deal as a must to have VIN stamped on the frame so I wont face any problem get the car license and plate from police res. dpt. (I'm slow decision maker anyway)

I didn't get you on the shipping parts .. you mean sending the car back again to the states or getting parts I need for the car shipped to Kuwait?

Getting parts or anything shipped in to you.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Zord
New User
Originally Posted by The Horvaths
.. or even English as a first (and only) language
Languages are the medium to communicate with each other, so I don't think its for showing off muscles here

So, leave me in my (war) and you enjoy your (experience) Sir

Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Zord
New User
Bad news,,,

The truck owner called me yesterday telling me that he is facing difficulties to register this truck in Kuwait for the reason of VIN. The VIN plate isn't original, even the number on the frame rails didn't show up. So I'm waiting to see what will happen.

At the same time, I'm in negotiate with another seller on ebay, this time its original 1951 F1 body and frame, but little modz been done to it. I wish I can finish the deal today.

Meanwhile..
Can you guys suggested me a good truck that is worth to ship to Kuwait and make all the restoration job here?

Notice our regulations for important cars to get them registered and plated, are really hard and tuff. I'll minimize those regulations as follow:

- The VIN number MUST be number match in all three parts, papers + body plate + frame.
- Car must be drivable, no smoke, and the break system must be working too.
- All front and rear lights, as well as signal and brake lights must operate correctly.

According to that .. guys suggest me with A car you recommend.

I appreciate your efforts in advance.

- Cheerz

Old 12-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
So basically what you're telling us is that F-5 is essentially useless in Kuwait, due to your strict registering criteria? Tell the owner of that sweet truck that somebody here in the U.S. would probably love to have that truck just the way it is. It's all original and in very good shape. How much money is he asking for it?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Zord
New User
Originally Posted by Doc
How much money is he asking for it?
For me, he was going to sell it for 2350KWD (Kuwaiti Dinars) that is around USD8000 on the ground. If you are a serious buyer, I can link you guys together.

Shipping charges should be your call in this case. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow!! $8k USD for that truck?? I'm sure that shipping fees were added into that price. That's a $2-3k truck at most here.

Quick Reply: 1951 F5 From Kuwait (project)