1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The trouble I could get into

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
See, that's what I mean, always have to throw dirty words at me. "COWS", I hate them!!!
Bob I m with you!! The only way I like my cows is under my knife medium rear !!
These guys are just jealous because they half to go to Wal mart to get the beef and dairy fix !

Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 PM
epp
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sooo when you picking up the yellow soon to be red cow err car hauler bob?

Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
If you guys don't start playing nice I'll just keep all my trucks to myself
Can I come play in your sand box ( cow pasture). Please !!!!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by epp
Sooo when you picking up the yellow soon to be red cow err car hauler bob?
Hey I m hooked up to the gooseneck and I m about 45 minutes from the truck!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Hey I m hooked up to the gooseneck and I m about 45 minutes from the truck!
Well, why haven't you gone over and checked it out and gotten a price for Bob? Take the gooseneck with you, it might get the price dropped some.

Speaking of cows, we were in North Missouri deer hunting over Thanksgiving. One of the locations we hunt happened to have cows. Well I drive my truck through the field and park it while we hunt. I come back and the cows have rubbed all up against it and one cow thought enough to crap on the front bumper. They also pushed the side mirrors in..... Good news is, Thursday morning, my oldest (a almost 19 year old, 5' 89lb gal) got herself a nice doe in those woods. It was the first time she hunted by herself. She also didn't have any support for her gun.

Sorry for the hijack, now when are you heading to get it Bob? Or is Chris going to hold it until you can get down there to take it home.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Harrier
Well, why haven't you gone over and checked it out and gotten a price for Bob? Take the gooseneck with you, it might get the price dropped some.

Speaking of cows, we were in North Missouri deer hunting over Thanksgiving. One of the locations we hunt happened to have cows. Well I drive my truck through the field and park it while we hunt. I come back and the cows have rubbed all up against it and one cow thought enough to crap on the front bumper. They also pushed the side mirrors in..... Good news is, Thursday morning, my oldest (a almost 19 year old, 5' 89lb gal) got herself a nice doe in those woods. It was the first time she hunted by herself. She also didn't have any support for her gun.

Sorry for the hijack, now when are you heading to get it Bob? Or is Chris going to hold it until you can get down there to take it home.
If Bob wants it , I ll pick it up for him. If need be he can leave it at my house tell the time is right to take it home to the land of milk and cheeze !

Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Just scab up a quick 3 pt. hitch for the rear, maybe she won't notice. Isn't a Minneapolis Moline that same yellow? They do sell the decals.....

Old 12-02-2013, 09:50 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I read your replies on my cell phone last night but couldn't, or didn't want to, reply using the phone because it's a PIA using that little tiny key pad. I got to spend half the night in the ER with my wife, we had to take her elderly aunt in because she came down with the flu or some other type of bug. Man, I've been spending a lot of time in the ER lately, my youngest son, Andy, was in an out for the last month or so until the docs could decide on a plan to alleviate his stomach problems. We're almost on a first name basis with the weekend staff. I know one thing the chairs in the ER are not conducive to sleep.

Anyways, Chris, I thought about your offer. I don't see a reason for using your trailer, I'd just take the F-2 down there and load it on the flatbed and drive home. My wife doesn't seem too apposed to the idea of getting the truck, not that it would really matter to me if she was. She just knows she safe because there's no way I could afford it. BTW, I did call the dealer this morning to get a price. This is not in any way a sign that I am even considering getting the truck, I'm just curious and I know you guy want to know. The person I talked to said the sales staff was in a meeting and he's have to wait until they got out to find out what the price is. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:33 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,445 Posts
BTW, I did call the dealer this morning to get a price. This is not in any way a sign that I am even considering getting the truck, I'm just curious and I know you guy want to know. The person I talked to said the sales staff was in a meeting and he's have to wait until they got out to find out what the price is. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
It sounds like you've started going down that slippery slope!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
SELLTHE Buick , THERE ARE NO Buickfest or Buickstock .

Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
It sounds like you've started going down that slippery slope!
It's slippery because of all the COW S**t on it !!

We do love ya Bob

Old 12-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
That dealer is probably on fatfenderedtrucks.com right now asking Bob how much is the truck worth.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
If the listing dealer were smart, he would spend a bit more time explaining those luxury features he has listed and show pictures there of. My SWAG is that is an old fire truck, mostly stock. If it had a later power plant and the upgrades listed it would be worth a lot more as a usable truck. JMHO, very poor listing.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by raytasch
If the listing dealer were smart, he would spend a bit more time explaining those luxury features he has listed and show pictures there of. My SWAG is that is an old fire truck, mostly stock. If it had a later power plant and the upgrades listed it would be worth a lot more as a usable truck. JMHO, very poor listing.
If he was smart he would have gotten back to an possibly interested party when he called this morning.

Or maybe he's been monitoring this thread and knew I was only kicking tires, but he may never know.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,790 Likes on 1,824 Posts
It doesn't sound like he wants to sell it very bad.

If it makes you feel any better Bob I've just recently got roped into some last minute cow dealings. A week or so ago on a saturday morning I got a call from my father-in-law asking if I could meet him in a couple of hours to pick up 2 calves. I dropped what I was doing and headed out over the mountains to meet him. We met and I helped him load up 2 calves, then we drove another 70 miles back to his place to sort the calves out.
We laid them both out on the garage floor, sorted them by types of meat, and then into piles by weight. After that I loaded up my share and headed back home to try and make room in the freezer.

MMMMM 200+ pounds of fresh grass fed beef. THATS the way I like to deal with cows.

I think a T-bone is on the menu this evening

Bobby

Quick Reply: The trouble I could get into