Sponsored by: Moser

New F-150 owner pics and 1 week update

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 AM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New F-150 owner pics and 1 week update

I just made the switch 8 days ago from a 2006 toyota tundra double cab to a 2013 F-150 king ranch supercrew long box

picking it up from the dealer

some side shots while at the dmv switching out plates

Had to get some new license plate frames and hitch to match the new truck

The lights at night

This isn't my truck just one I test drove this summer with some good shots of how the color looks in the sunlight. The clown in the cowboy hat is me

I couldn't be happier with my truck. The seats are so comfortable I road trip from boise to reno (6hrs) fairly often and just got a job in bend oregon as of january 1st (5 1/2 hrs) helping get a new hotel open that is under construction. I'll be 10 days on 4 off so I'll be doing boise to bend and back every couple weeks. So I'm really excited about having a nice comfortable ride. I also do a yearly trip to Cheyenne wyoming for the frontier days rodeo which is an 11 hour drive and as much as loved both of my tundras, their seats are like boards compared to the seats in my f-150.

Granted I bought at king ranch but I am still blown away by how luxurious this truck is. My mom has a 2013 lexus rx 350 and It's right on par with her car. She's a little jealous because my truck has heated rear seats and lexus doesn't even offer them as an option. The lack of road noise is incredible. I'm so used to how loud the road noise is when a full size truck is going down the freeway that when I'm not paying attention I find myself doing 10-15 over because I don't notice any difference in the road noise. At the moment my favorite gadget feature is the blue tooth cellphone connection. I love hopping in the truck and turning it on and my phone being in my pocket and the truck automatically starts playing the music on my phone.

As far as the engine and brakes both go, holy power! It doesn't seem to take any effort from that motor to just flat out fly. I'm still getting used to how much power it has. while taking people out rides in the truck after I got it and showing them what it can do when you open it up, it never fails to amaze people how quick it takes off as soon as the turbos kick in. I turned the t/c off last night just to see if it would peel out from a dead stop. It lit both tires up and we were off like a rocket. The brakes are extremely impressive too. I had really strong brakes on my tundra but forget same ballpark the 150 brakes are playing a different sport. I was coming down a rural road with a light coming up doing about 60. It changed on me just right so I absolutely had to stop I jammed on the binders and went from 60 to 20 in an instant, I actually had to let off a bit.

Overall after a week, I'm beyond satisfied and so glad I made the switch.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:50 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!

Considering that you will drive a significant number of miles annually, I'm hoping that you will post on a regular basis and give us long term updates on she's doing over time and miles.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. I love that color combo and I typically don't like the KR's. But that is sweet. Not that you'll be in the back seats, but that is basically my only complaint with these trucks. They get very uncomfortable on long trips. I hope that is improved on the next gen trucks.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:29 AM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by tseekins
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!

Considering that you will drive a significant number of miles annually, I'm hoping that you will post on a regular basis and give us long term updates on she's doing over time and miles.
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Congrats on the new truck. I love that color combo and I typically don't like the KR's. But that is sweet. Not that you'll be in the back seats, but that is basically my only complaint with these trucks. They get very uncomfortable on long trips. I hope that is improved on the next gen trucks.
Thanks guys, I spent quite a bit of time locating truck in that color (Blue Jeans). I was originally going to get white until I saw the blue and fell in love with it. King Ranch Blue Jean with the max tow package was about the hardest combination to find I had resigned myself to ordering a 2014 with a lot less options than this one just because there would be no rebates, but this one just happened to fall into my lap.

I will do my best to keep you guys posted once I really start putting some miles on this truck and give some long term updates

Old 11-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Wow, great color combo! Congrats

Old 11-15-2013, 09:55 AM
RISUPERCREWMAN
Senior User
Very Nice!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:59 AM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Nice looking truck but then again I am partial to blue. I like those mirrors but wow they are quite big. Any plans for mods?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
nice looking truck!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Beautiful truck and congrats. Love that color combination. Is it possible to have the machined oem 20" KR wheels on a 157" chassis? I only ask as I've never seen one with them, only 145" trucks with the 5.5 box.

You are going to love the 157" wheelbase, that's what I have to, but in FX4 trim. Absolutely loving the Cadillac ride on the highway. Gas milage be damed, I don't see why any person would want to travel any length of distance in anything other than one of these trucks.

I got my '13 on Halloween and for me it's been like the 1st date that never ends. Love my truck more than any vehicle I've ever owned and I've had some nice cars..'88 Porsche Carrera cabriolet, '01 Mercedes SL500, '05 Dodge 2500 Cummins, '13 WRX, I'm leaving out a mile long list of others but you get the idea.

Enjoy in good health sir!

Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by montecarlo31
Nice looking truck but then again I am partial to blue. I like those mirrors but wow they are quite big. Any plans for mods?
No plans for mods right now, I'm still in shock over how big of a check I wrote a week ago/how much money I've spent in the past 4 months between an engagement ring and a new truck. I'll get the front windows tinted to match the back and sides here pretty quick. I feel somewhat naked without it after having it on my last truck but that truck needed it, it was gray with a black interior.

Originally Posted by Pool Runner
Beautiful truck and congrats. Love that color combination. Is it possible to have the machined oem 20" KR wheels on a 157" chassis? I only ask as I've never seen one with them, only 145" trucks with the 5.5 box.

You are going to love the 157" wheelbase, that's what I have to, but in FX4 trim. Absolutely loving the Cadillac ride on the highway. Gas milage be damed, I don't see why any person would want to travel any length of distance in anything other than one of these trucks.

I got my '13 on Halloween and for me it's been like the 1st date that never ends. Love my truck more than any vehicle I've ever owned and I've had some nice cars..'88 Porsche Carrera cabriolet, '01 Mercedes SL500, '05 Dodge 2500 Cummins, '13 WRX, I'm leaving out a mile long list of others but you get the idea.

Enjoy in good health sir!
@ pool runner to really show how hard I looked for that color combo, Heres one of the trucks I was looking at online before I found mine. 20 inch painted kr wheels 157" wheel base in west virginia of all places.

2013 Elkins Ford F-150 Elkins WV Ford F-150 King Ranch 2013 For Sale in Elkins, WV

Old 11-15-2013, 02:49 PM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
No plans for mods right now, I'm still in shock over how big of a check I wrote a week ago/how much money I've spent in the past 4 months between an engagement ring and a new truck.
Pfft. You better hold on to your ****, then... the big checks are just getting started!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by tvsjr
Pfft. You better hold on to your ****, then... the big checks are just getting started!
That was actually the first check I had written in a long time, if I hadn't just switched banks and gotten new checks, I would have been SOL because I had no idea where my old checkbook was. coincidentally I found it in the console of my trade in when i was cleaning it out

No kidding a house is next. I was signing all the paperwork for my truck with the finance guy and I get out of there with this envelope thats thicker than a 2x4 and I made the comment, " think we killed enough trees making that deal?" he said "just wait till you buy a house, we signed all the papers at the bank and there were so many they didn't bother to send us home with an envelope full of papers they just gave us a thumb drive."

Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Pool Runner
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
That was actually the first check I had written in a long time, if I hadn't just switched banks and gotten new checks, I would have been SOL because I had no idea where my old checkbook was. coincidentally I found it in the console of my trade in when i was cleaning it out

No kidding a house is next. I was signing all the paperwork for my truck with the finance guy and I get out of there with this envelope thats thicker than a 2x4 and I made the comment, " think we killed enough trees making that deal?" he said "just wait till you buy a house, we signed all the papers at the bank and there were so many they didn't bother to send us home with an envelope full of papers they just gave us a thumb drive."
Truck, Ring, house is nothing compared to the cost of kids, that's what you REALY need to get your checkbook ready for.

We have two amazing young boys I wouldnt trade the world for ages 2 & 4 years old. We are paying a little over $2k a month for full-time child care. I have never in my life written out a check for a larger sum of money for a single entity.

That said, again congrats on the new bride, truck and house to come. Good times for you for sure.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Truck, Ring, house is nothing compared to the cost of kids, that's what you REALY need to get your checkbook ready for.

We have two amazing young boys I wouldnt trade the world for ages 2 & 4 years old. We are paying a little over $2k a month for full-time child care. I have never in my life written out a check for a larger sum of money for a single entity.

That said, again congrats on the new bride, truck and house to come. Good times for you for sure.
Pfff....2K...wait until you have two of them in high school and your stroking a check for 48,000 a year on top of book, dress cloths, oh, forgot they want to play sports...yep couple more grand there....Yes, he will be in for a shock. I used to think I could retire at 45-50ish, now I feel more like about 90-95 if I am still alive.

Onto the truck I totally understand you on the windows, I didn't last a day before I had my expedition in getting the windows done. I went with 20 on the front two sides and 5% on the balance of the windows. The windshield is air blue for UV and heat reduction without loosing night vision.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:28 AM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass

In the words of Rodney Carrington " Any of Y'all got kids? Those are expensive pets aren't they?"

Quick Reply: New F-150 owner pics and 1 week update