1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

My "new" box pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
My "new" box pictures

I went and picked up the box I bought today. All in all its in real good shape, has a couple minor blemishes, but nothing bad at all. No rust, except a tiny bit at the bottom of the tailgate, only dent is a real small one on the top of the tailgate. It comes with a hitch, bumper, tonneau cover, and a ford plastic bedliner installed. Thought I'd throw up a couple pictures. Not the same color red though, kind of a bummer, but didn't really expect it to be either. I should haul it to Aaron and have him paint it, I think his truck is the same color as mine and he's getting ready to paint a box! Just a tad too far though, bummer.

I won't get this done for a while I don't think. Unless I could sell my box. If anyone is looking, mine is rust free except the tailgate, which I have a replacement for. No outside dents, paint isn't perfect but not bad. The only dent is a dented up wheel well on the drivers side in the box, it was that way when I bought it and never fixed it. The floor is all scratched up, but not rusted. There would be holes where the hide a ball hitch is at. I'm not gonna try to sell it too hard right now, but pm me if you would happen to be interested.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 389 Likes on 266 Posts
That looks familar lol...ding ding..aarons body shop...im really not a body man..i used to work with some really good guys. i however will get by on my own lol..i can..im just not a pro..

Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Nice looking 97 bed. Looks like it was repainted somewhere along the line

Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Looks like a winner Darin, can't wait to see the final product. I know, I know, haha Its a good start!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a nice bed. I can't wait to see your truck a dually

Old 11-16-2013, 05:45 AM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Thanks guys. I'm excited to get going on it too, just gonna have to wait till I get some other things done. It did come off of a 97 powerstroke. I have no idea if it has been repainted for sure. Doesn't really matter anyway, it will need to be painted again to match. I'm a pretty big fan of the chrome on the bottom. I plan on painting it to match my cab and putting that chrome on the whole truck. I think that will look good to offset all the red. Really sharp truck it came off of, kind of a shame he took the box off of it. The guy owns a welding shop and just got it a month ago and put a flatbed on it.

Aaron, you do awful good body work as near as I could see. I'll probably need some advice when it comes to stripping this paint, etc., prepping it for paint when the time comes. I'm not much of a body man, but would like to do as much as I could to save a few bucks when I'm ready to do this.

Gotta figure out where I'm going to put it to store it for a while. Thinking of either hanging it from the rafters or standing it on its front against a wall in one of the cold storage parts of the shed. I'd like to keep it inside.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that thing looks clean Darin! Nice find for sure. I need a box for mine in the worst kind of way, but I have no clue how I would get it from you. Shipping it would probably cost me more than it is worth. I can't wait to see the build happen to your truck. Let me know if there is anything you need that I might have or can help with.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:08 AM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Thanks Nate. I don't know how far you are from me for sure, but I'd drive part way with it to meet you sometime, just have to make sure there were enough bodies to swap it over. Maybe next year? Just an idea, give it some thought Nate. I'm sure I could sell a rust free box around here, but will help out a fellow fte'r if I can.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless you're planning to go to RRE or something that would have you out this way anyhow, I would hate to impose on you to drive that far just to help me out. I think you're better off selling it locally. I have seen quite a few half decent beds down South. Honestly I have been contemplating making a run with a trailer and trying to pick up 3 or 4 of them. I'm sure I would have no problem getting my money out of the trip that way. Who knows, it might even pay for part of the bed for mine.

Your offer is very generous, and I really appreciate it, but I think you would be better off selling it locally.

That new one sure does look nice!

Old 11-16-2013, 07:21 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That's a pretty box

Old 11-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
That chrome on the bottom and the moulding will go right in the garbage when it gets repainted to match your truck.

make sure you save the F350 and Ford oval on the tailgate, they are obsolete.

Also, before paint, you may want to consider relocating the fender lights down lower. The front ones blind the **** out of you at night in their stock location.

Pic of them relocated

Old 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I thought that was ridiculous having those lights shine right in your face in the mirror. That's a good idea Brad to move them down.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:27 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
I will try and remember to move them down, sounds like a good idea. I know the chrome and moulding will come off for paint, but I'm thinking of putting it back on the whole truck when done. I have a long time to decide on that.

After further investigating the tailgate, its pretty much junk. It's rusted pretty bad along the bottom. Still the only rust I've found. I will just use the good one I have with no rust and put these F350 and FORD badges off of it onto the other one. I may just get another F250HD badge to replace the 350 one with, again, time to decide on that.

Nate, you do live a little too far away I guess. I checked and its right at 1000 miles. I was thinking it wasn't that far, I was wrong.

I put it in the shed and stood it up on its front on some blocks against a wall, and put a strap lightly around it. It's in a good place until I'm ready to work with it.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet im halfway between Darin and Nate!
Nice box tho!

I love that truck Brad.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I thought that was ridiculous having those lights shine right in your face in the mirror. That's a good idea Brad to move them down.
It just sucks because then you have 4 holes to fix and paint. And you have a 2 tone truck which means you will need pin stripes that are OBSOLETE

Originally Posted by 427 fordman
I will try and remember to move them down, sounds like a good idea. I know the chrome and moulding will come off for paint, but I'm thinking of putting it back on the whole truck when done. I have a long time to decide on that…...
The moulding and chrome will get destroyed coming off is the problem

Originally Posted by Awitte58
I bet im halfway between Darin and Nate!
Nice box tho!

I love that truck Brad.
thanks

Quick Reply: My "new" box pictures