1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

WANTED----55 Ford f100 TITLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:09 PM
ecracer21
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i already tried the 100 dollar bill trick with the family actually offered them more but i didnt want to see the guyshouse and paperwork look like a tornado hit it if you know what i mean...LOL..im from pa so there a little tough about the lost title frustration i have been to every dmv around with no luck i have the receipt and the registration card signed by the guy i bought it from...im gonna have to call harrisburg and see what i can do....

Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM
ecracer21
New User
thanks harleymsn sure do appreciate it..im going to get that form filled out and try to track his daughter down and hopefully get this done with....i will let you all know how it turns out...again thanks alot for all the info this site is amazing.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Good luck with the information HarleyMSN provided. As a retired cop, he knows how to get this stuff done if it is legal.
I am truly surprised the local DMVs did not point you in the right direction. Probably incompetence.
I like that old Ford hundred series that just showed up in your avatar.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Great work, guys, I really hope you can get the title for this truck.

The OWNER might have to file "lost title" paperwork, if all else fails.

I've found, at least with NY's DMV, that plenty of people at the "information" desk are full of only DISinformation about things you can't do right there at that exact moment. Anything that has to be handled at the top-level bureaucracy is beyond them and a call to the main hotline is in order.

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ecracer21
thanks harleymsn sure do appreciate it..im going to get that form filled out and try to track his daughter down and hopefully get this done with....i will let you all know how it turns out...again thanks alot for all the info this site is amazing.
If the guy is still alive, why not stop by the nursing home and ask him to sign it, unless of course his daughter has him ruled incompetent.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM
ecracer21
New User
Well I printed out that document ( thanks to harleymsn ) sure appreciate it..I got his daughter to fill it out she has power attorney rights and sent it in...so now just waiting on her to get title in her name then we can go to notary and take care of it...again a special thanks to everyone who has helped...I wanted to go to nursing home but his daughter said he doesn't even know who she is so that's out of the idea...

My plan was to get it all road ready and go to the home he's in and lay a patch out front LOL that'll bring him around again...it's a shame the poor guy went fast all within a year but my prayers go out to him and his family but his family is so happy to see I'm getting the old truck back on the road again...

Hopefully within the next couple weeks i will finally get the ol girl on the road again..

Thanks again this site is the best

Old 11-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
I have a little bit of experience in this area. I'll bet you he'll remember that truck, even though he doesn't know his own family. They retain their long-term (decades ago) memory much longer than they do their short term memory. You might be pleasantly surprised by his reaction. I had a pretty long conversation with a guy not long ago about flathead Fords, and he didn't even know what building he was in or what year it was. Sounds like a good ending to the story.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Nojive55
Senior User
...so now just waiting on her to get title in her name then we can go to notary and take care of it...
I believe the duplicate title will still be in his name. With all due respect to the PO and his daughter, once the paper work is recieved back from the state, do not waste any time getting things taken care of. Her POA is only good as long as he is alive, after that it would have to go through the estate. Still probably not a big deal but a little more delay and potentail for drama.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's tough and frustrating going thru the process but once you do you don't have to look over your shoulder waiting to see if someone takes action against you
Got a friend that bought one without a title tried the end around and the DMV shut him down - Now he's trying to part it out and the scrap yards won't take it without a title.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:36 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I printed out that document ( thanks to harleymsn ) sure appreciate it..I got his daughter to fill it out she has power attorney rights and sent it in...so now just waiting on her to get title in her name then we can go to notary and take care of it...again a special thanks to everyone who has helped...I wanted to go to nursing home but his daughter said he doesn't even know who she is so that's out of the idea...

My plan was to get it all road ready and go to the home he's in and lay a patch out front LOL that'll bring him around again...it's a shame the poor guy went fast all within a year but my prayers go out to him and his family but his family is so happy to see I'm getting the old truck back on the road again...

Hopefully within the next couple weeks i will finally get the ol girl on the road again..

Thanks again this site is the best
I am so glad that this is working out for you. As a retired cop, it always worries me when somebody feels like they are forced to try doing an end run when there really are legal ways to handle the situation. Once again, this proves that many of those 'clerks' at the DMV office are not very well trained to handle 'oddball' situations, but actual solutions do exist. Please don't forget us here, there will still be tons of information available here for you as you rebuild the truck. And please post us some pics of that truck ASAP, we are all addicts so we don't care what condition it is in, we all love to drool over the photos.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:12 PM
ecracer21
New User
thanks guys for all your help....fianlly got the title in today in my name what a relief. took alot of running around i printed the papers harleymsn gave me the link to and went to the guys sister who was power of attorney and she got evrything filled out i gaveher an extra 100bill for the hassles but it was really worth it. fianlly got the title and im ready to go....

except that now the engine is smoking blue dam nevins lol ...truck runs really good and has lots of power but kills every mosquite on the block..i did compression check and lowest one i had was 90psi there all around 100-110-105-120 dry.I did the oil trick but the readings did not go up at all..hoping its just valve seals, it has some real crusty looking oil on the valve springs..im gonna get some valve seals and hope it works..

question do you have to pull the head or can i keep the valves up with air plugged into spark plug hole.? i did a few trucks like this years ago but not on one of these engines..

ok just wanted to update this post and let everyone know dont give up if you buy a truck without a title, persistance and fuel from the indians and you eventually get a title for that old ride...

thanks again harleymsn and everyone else that chimed in...

i will try and post back once i get the valve seals in it..

Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Hamad Mattar
New User
I would love to find the expendables replica

Old 11-29-2013, 08:29 PM
das54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now you torture us ecracer if ya don't post some photos or maybe even a video of your truck.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:35 PM
ecracer21
New User
I tried posting pics under the garage but it keeps saying upload error..not sure what's up with it and I'm not sure how to post a picture under this message..hopefully in the next couple days I'll figure it out..

Old 11-29-2013, 08:53 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Nothing like family and a truck title to brighten your holidays! Thank you for sharing. It's makin' my day!

Quick Reply: WANTED----55 Ford f100 TITLE