1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

53/55 f 100 windshield size?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
homebuilt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
53/55 f 100 windshield size?

Ok ..I building a 33ford fiberglass streetrod that is 10" wider then stock..a 53/55 windshield looks like something I could use after cutting it down. Could some one PLEASE tell me how wide it is at the top, bottom and how tall it is..I'm needing something like 44" wide at the top, 45" at the bottom and 18" tall..I'm sure it is to wide but someone has to keep the glass boys happy..thank you Keith

Old 09-27-2013, 04:49 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Wish I'd have seen this this morning. I have one out but I won't be able to get to it until early next week.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:07 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 465 Likes on 301 Posts
The windshield on a 33/34 Ford is flat...the f100s are not. That said, the measurements from the center of the curve/radius in each corner is 53-5/8 across the bottom and 50 inches across the top. The diagonals are 54-1/8. There is about a 5-3/4 inch bow in the windshield across the lower edge. The height of the glass in the center, top-to-bottom, is 17-7/8. I took my measurements from the cab itself but the glass fits into this opening fairly closely...if you intend to use the same rubber seal as the F100 then these are the dimensions you'll need.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 PM
homebuilt
New User
f 100 windshield

I want to thank both you guys for dropping me a line..The first 33 ford I built I used a mini cooper (old style windshield) curved windshield It was just alittle low,,,so this time around looking to be aliitle taller 17 7/8 is just right my curve is 4" at 45" wide so..a 5" curve at the bottom will be pretty darn good once it is cut down to the 45" width .. the mini was to narrow at 42" on the top ..so I can cut the f100 to the correct top width ..
BJmayberry IF you don't mind could you send your measurement (being that the windshield is out) you GUYS have made my day...
Now does any one have an OLD windshield forsale ..for a pattern? If so let me know...THANK you again..Keith

Old 09-28-2013, 01:56 PM
homebuilt
New User
F100 windshield

Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Wish I'd have seen this this morning. I have one out but I won't be able to get to it until early next week.
If you wouldn't mind (When you have the time)..I'd love to get your measurements on a windshield that is out ..BUT it sure looks like something I'd be able to cut down with out to much trouble I need 44" across the top 45" on the bottom and 17 1/2 to 18 in height. if you could could you tell me the curve at 44-45" I have about a 4" curve..but the other guy said about 5 1/2 at 53" wide so I should be pretty close. I wrote a reply in my thread..about the windshield that I'm using now..THANK you so much..I've been looking for something I could use for a long time most I'd have to cut both the width AND the height.. thanks again Keith

Old 09-29-2013, 10:19 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
TOP side to side

CENTER top to bottom

END top to bottom

BOTTOM side to side

53-55 F100 Windshield

Hope this helps!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
homebuilt
New User
windshield

Thanks for sending those pictures..I REALLY think that it'll work I've been looking for about a year to find a windshield that I could use..I knew that it would be to wide but the height is just right and the curve looks very close enought to make it work...you guys have really came though ..thanks again Keith

Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Too bad you're so far away. The one in the pictures has a rock chip and I won't be using it. Shipping is as expensive as buying one locally though.

Somebody has to have a bad one there in Florida somewhere!

Come on FTE guys and gals help a brother out.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:10 PM
homebuilt
New User
MR BJMAYBERRY2 about the windshield

Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Too bad you're so far away. The one in the pictures has a rock chip and I won't be using it. Shipping is as expensive as buying one locally though.

Somebody has to have a bad one there in Florida somewhere!

Come on FTE guys and gals help a brother out.
I hope you receive this..sorry to bother you again..would it be possible to draw a outline of the curve in the windshield on a piece of paper and mail it to me? I think both the top and bottom curve are the same, I have not had any luck finding a used windshield (who would keep one except me or you?) I would be MORE then happy to pay for your time and the postage..If this is possible PLEASE send me your address and I'll send you money to cover your time/postage. Thank you
Keith DeArmond
6160 ne 72nd place
Silver Springs Fl.34488

Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Not a problem. No need to send postage, I have had folks on FTE help me out so it's my turn to pay back. Need to find some butcher paper or something to be long enough to trace it on. May be a day or two before I can trace it out. Do you want Top & Bottom or just Bottom?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 PM
homebuilt
New User
thanks

if they are different please do so..you could use one side of the paper for the top and the other for the bottom..but so far all the windshield that I've check have been the same..(old windshields) no rush at all ..thank you SO much..keith

Old 10-12-2013, 11:03 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Traced the top and bottom on paper towels. Will send them out Monday! There's a Free Windshield on Craig's List Kansas City. I truly am baffled there's no one in Florida that has a damaged windshield you could use/have.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
homebuilt
New User
thank you

I guess no one wanted to take the time or cared..but I did ask around at the swap meets and even on craigslist Funny I had thought the same thing drawing on paper towels..but if the curve is anywhere near close to what I need I'm planning to order a new one (any idea who has the best price) I had been looking for over a year on every thing that came down the road, one day while looking on e-bay at windshields the f100 came up (who would have thought they still made windshields for them?) not me and I'm an old car/truck nut (flat glass yes but curved glass..no ) I've been 4 years in the building of this car and the main problem was the glass was to low, now hopefully the next one will be more driveable (I do have the molds to produce more bodies. I'll keep you posted ..thank you so much .Keith

Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Forgot today was a holiday. No mail Hopefully they'll get it tomorrow. Are you cutting the glass yourself? I can't even get one out without cracking it, can't imagine cutting one down. I'd ask around at local glass shops if they can get one. EBay has them pretty reasonable but the shipping is almost as much as the glass

Old 10-15-2013, 07:37 AM
homebuilt
New User
not cutting the glass

one of the main reasons I'm so happy is the curve looks pretty good BUT the height is GREAT so the glass guys only need to cut some off the sides, they didn't seen to think it would be a problem..big swap meet coming up in nov. I've heard there might be some new glass there..thanks Keith

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 53/55 f 100 windshield size?