1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Looking to Purchase 48, 49 or 50 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 763 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil Barone
I withdrew my bid, I thank you tremendously. Tell me though why the missing air passage hole missing is bad. Ya know the truck has a lot on the ball, it's all new and it has an AC. But I've been burned before because I was ignorant. Apparently I really need you guys a lot.

I'm looking at this now:

Ford : F-100 F1 in Ford | eBay Motors

It's 15 thousand and that raises my suspicion. Thank you guys, I really don't know much about trucks or cars. Phil
That's a nice looking truck. I would sure ask for more pictures though. One thing that bugs me is the vin number: F12369448411 That sure doesn't look right. I would make sure that a vin like that doesn't cause you any titling issues. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong about that vin.

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Man, you guys are brutal! The black truck is gorgeous! Fibreglass is just the ticket for NY, no rust worries. No parking lot dents. Missing holes in the hood? If you want them, in a couple of hours you could cut them in. The hood release on 51-52's isn't in the holes anyway, it's above the grille bar.

That's at least a $25k truck, my guess is it will fetch almost $30k.
OK, Ross. You make me feel a little better. I thought it was nice, but that I was missing something. Fiberglass might not be ideal, but there are some nice trucks with fiberglass. Maybe they just don't like that it is a manure spreader. I wonder how many of their monkey faces have made it 3500 miles.

Phil, I would agree with the others that looking at it in person or having someone knowledgeable about these truck, would be a best bet. At a minimum, I would request many more pictures and even a video of it running and driving around a little. That is a lot of money to spend on just a few pictures.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Phil Barone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rojak
Welcome to FTE Phil. I agree 100% with Doc that if you're going to spend that kind of money either inspect it yourself or send in a rep that you trust to inspect. You'll save yourself alot of heartache and/or financial loss if you do.

Here's a seller in Michigan called Vanguard Motor Sales. All I know of them is from what I've seen on eBay and Youtube. I like that they run 10+ minute videos going over every aspect of the vehicle. They also offer tips on buying a vehicle online. Maybe their own opinion but it never hurts to read all you can to educate yourself. If I saw a vehicle they had I liked I'd watch the video. Then if I'm still interested and my fever has gotten out of control I'd pay them a visit and look over/drive the vehicle to help me make my decision. They currently have three of "our" trucks listed in their inventory. Prices are between 27-35K.

Inventory | Vanguard Motor Sales Buys and Sells Classic Cars

They have this 48 and two 51's.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLzN7dm5QcE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" ;="" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" align="middle" height="360" width="640">
I have no connection. Just another source for you to check out. Let me know what you think. Good luck!
Hi Rojak,

Thanks very much. I'm familiar with them and this truck. It's supercharged and I think it's more for in line speed than cornering. The rear tires are huge. I'll call Vanguard though and get on a list. Phil

Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Phil Barone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
That's a nice looking truck. I would sure ask for more pictures though. One thing that bugs me is the vin number: F12369448411 That sure doesn't look right. I would make sure that a vin like that doesn't cause you any titling issues. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong about that vin.

OK, Ross. You make me feel a little better. I thought it was nice, but that I was missing something. Fiberglass might not be ideal, but there are some nice trucks with fiberglass. Maybe they just don't like that it is a manure spreader. I wonder how many of their monkey faces have made it 3500 miles.

Phil, I would agree with the others that looking at it in person or having someone knowledgeable about these truck, would be a best bet. At a minimum, I would request many more pictures and even a video of it running and driving around a little. That is a lot of money to spend on just a few pictures.
I know I should go look at it but I don't know what I'm looking at or what to look for. I got burned really bad on a bike once because I didn't go look at it and I do not what to look for on a bike. Phil