Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

The "October can't really be here already?" BS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:33 AM
MN47Ford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIRST GOOD MORNING OF THE DAY!!!!!

Haha the posts are good! I'm actually looking for a '97 specifically. Most definitely under 200,000 miles. I know the engine and trans will be solid for sure, just I don't want the frame or the suspension to rot out from underneath it too fast. Also want a manual because a real man's truck has 3 pedals.

But the reason being is because after I'm financially settled and have the means to buy, I'm going to look for a 1947 Ford 1 and a half ton and basically take the entire cab, front fenders and box off the '97 and put fabricate the cab, front fenders and hood to fit the '97 frame. Will take a little bit of ingenuity but if I learned anything in my short 19 years, it's "When there's a will, there's a way." and also, "If it don't fit, and people say you can't, make it fit and flaunt it to all the dumb nay-sayers."

Also, I'm trying to be more active in posting, just really freakin busy during the day. Haha. But still so far, I'm happy to be a part of this.

Originally Posted by Devious Delight
at home... where's the beer?

It's all gone. It was delicious.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:25 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Good morning and have a great Saturday MN

Old 10-05-2013, 07:29 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by MN47Ford

Haha the posts are good! I'm actually looking for a '97 specifically. Most definitely under 200,000 miles. I know the engine and trans will be solid for sure, just I don't want the frame or the suspension to rot out from underneath it too fast. Also want a manual because a real man's truck has 3 pedals.

But the reason being is because after I'm financially settled and have the means to buy, I'm going to look for a 1947 Ford 1 and a half ton and basically take the entire cab, front fenders and box off the '97 and put fabricate the cab, front fenders and hood to fit the '97 frame. Will take a little bit of ingenuity but if I learned anything in my short 19 years, it's "When there's a will, there's a way." and also, "If it don't fit, and people say you can't, make it fit and flaunt it to all the dumb nay-sayers."

Also, I'm trying to be more active in posting, just really freakin busy during the day. Haha. But still so far, I'm happy to be a part of this.

Fast trucks are autos. And most pulling trucks. Just takes a little money to build them to take the HP

Old 10-05-2013, 07:36 AM
msmenne17
Postmaster
Good morning everyone. Our yard will be a jungle by Monday, or float away. About 3 inches of rain in two days.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Racer5349
Posting Guru
Good morning everybody.

My '12 350 didn't even have a manual option, which is fine by me.

The new puppy arrives soon. :-) :-)

Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Autos now are built to take a beating, unlike before mid 2000's

Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
Made it to Aruba. I am writing this from the ocean view balcony of our room.
Hope your enjoying the view!!

Good morning Drew! Nothing wrong with a project like that. Anything can be done it just takes time and money the sucky part being the money! haha Glad to have ya here! We will have ya hooked before you know it.

Originally Posted by wildstang
Good morning and have a great Saturday MN
Good morning Jim!

Originally Posted by msmenne17
Good morning everyone. Our yard will be a jungle by Monday, or float away. About 3 inches of rain in two days.
Good morning Michael! Make sure you have your life vest on!

Originally Posted by Racer5349
Good morning everybody.

My '12 350 didn't even have a manual option, which is fine by me.

The new puppy arrives soon. :-) :-)
Good morning Jim! Be sure to post up pics of the new pup!

Well I am down at the shop changing oil in the Explorer this morning and cleaning it up some.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Be nice if Jay would share some of that view

Old 10-05-2013, 01:24 PM
MN47Ford
Junior User
Fast trucks are autos. And most pulling trucks. Just takes a little money to build them to take the HP
The reason I want to use a manual is so when I get the cab and fenders all patched up and ground down, and fitted on the '97 frame, and once that's all squared away, I want to make the entire interior look ABSOLUTELY stock like it came out of the factory way back when. That means the manual shifter on the floor. Either gonna make the old shifter work or make a copy where it will for sure work and look seamless.

I'm not trying to make some hot rod. Just take two completely stock trucks and combine them both into a stock looking old truck with a newer, stronger chassis. Cuz I'm even going to rig up the ignition so I have an on/off key switch where you turn it on, the normal "Wait To Start" light will light up a little light fastened onto the dash and go off when the glow plugs are warmed up and then the starter will be connected to a push-button like the '47 Fords came with.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Be nice if Jay would share some of that view
No kidding!

The reason I want to use a manual is so when I get the cab and fenders all patched up and ground down, and fitted on the '97 frame, and once that's all squared away, I want to make the entire interior look ABSOLUTELY stock like it came out of the factory way back when. That means the manual shifter on the floor. Either gonna make the old shifter work or make a copy where it will for sure work and look seamless.

I'm not trying to make some hot rod. Just take two completely stock trucks and combine them both into a stock looking old truck with a newer, stronger chassis. Cuz I'm even going to rig up the ignition so I have an on/off key switch where you turn it on, the normal "Wait To Start" light will light up a little light fastened onto the dash and go off when the glow plugs are warmed up and then the starter will be connected to a push-button like the '47 Fords came with.
Sounds like you have some good plans! Hope it all comes together for you.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Racer5349
Posting Guru
Here she is, my new female yellow lab. Not quite 7 weeks old. I've been smiling since she got here.

Edit: Her name is Carmen.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

No wonder Jim, damn she is cute

Old 10-05-2013, 05:48 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
We got rained out last night. We are doing ball joints on my buddy's 08 250 now.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-05-2013, 06:21 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by MisterCMK
We got rained out last night. We are doing ball joints on my buddy's 08 250 now.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using IB AutoGroup
Hope he has a lot of miles on it for ball joint to be due already

Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Racer5349
Posting Guru
Good morning MN! Have a great Sunday.

I had to do ball joints about every 60k on my '97 F-250. I hated that job.

Quick Reply: The "October can't really be here already?" BS thread.