Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Anyone Interested in a November Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I_am_Seeker
OK, ok, BB&T it is. I'll try to get there a little earlier.

I've done that accidentally more than a couple times. Neighbors love it.
Sounds good. See you there. Wish we could get more people together, but there don't seem to be many people in/near NOVA. Or at least not many that check up on the VA forum part of the site.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:13 PM
camper415
Senior User
I wish someone would do a meet around Virginia Beach or Williamsburg. I live in southeast Virginia ( Chesapeake ) and I work on Saturday's .

Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlockF350
Sounds good. See you there. Wish we could get more people together, but there don't seem to be many people in/near NOVA. Or at least not many that check up on the VA forum part of the site.
Originally Posted by camper415
I wish someone would do a meet around Virginia Beach or Williamsburg. I live in southeast Virginia ( Chesapeake ) and I work on Saturday's .
when i first joined here in 09 tom & collin i only managed to get 2 meets together for our area before i gave up trying... mainly from the lack of interest in doing them for ours.. theres only a handful of members from our area that were participating at that time.. now most of them have left the site.

Biggest problem with VA meets... the state is huge.. the majority of the active members are spread out with that great distance.. and if we say even half of those dont want to travel out of their area that pretty much kills most large meets..

but am curious... What part of Chesapeake are you in tom?

Old 11-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Dieselamour
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Where's the map of our members? I don't mind being mapped online within 10 or so miles of where I live.

It is true that our membership is spread out quite a bit. I did attend a VA Beach meet several years ago but that was a 3 hour drive each way, so I took my motorcycle so I could enjoy the trip and save some fuel. We had a great time playing pool and chatting for a few hours, but it is a long haul for a few hour get together.

We did a meet in Richmond and had a great time. This meeting was earlier and lasted most of the day. I regret not driving my truck to that meet, since most of these guys brought their trucks. I think one guy came from southwestern VA.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 AM
I_am_Seeker
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Dieselamour
Where's the map of our members? I don't mind being mapped online within 10 or so miles of where I live.
Same here. Probably better to set up these regional chapters as population centers, not by state. I'm in No. VA and merging the DC and MD areas together would probably make it more popular.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend

It is true that our membership is spread out quite a bit. I did attend a VA Beach meet several years ago but that was a 3 hour drive each way, so I took my motorcycle so I could enjoy the trip and save some fuel. We had a great time playing pool and chatting for a few hours, but it is a long haul for a few hour get together.

We did a meet in Richmond and had a great time. This meeting was earlier and lasted most of the day. I regret not driving my truck to that meet, since most of these guys brought their trucks. I think one guy came from southwestern VA.
hehe i remember that one... was the first one i did.. i loved your bike..

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ember-map.html
theres the thread about the map.. but i believe you have to be logged into Goggle to view it. and not sure if chandlers still doing it or not.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
camper415
Senior User
I live in the Deep Creek area .

Old 11-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
ahh ya live over there near where my brothers moving away from.. lol...

Old 11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Dieselamour
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
hehe i remember that one... was the first one i did.. i loved your bike..

theres the thread about the map.. but i believe you have to be logged into Goggle to view it. and not sure if chandlers still doing it or not.
Thanks Sparky! Have you been up with any of the other people who attended?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Thanks Sparky! Have you been up with any of the other people who attended?
only Eric... we hung out a few times and worked under him as well as his assistant. was fun.. but havent heard from him in awhile...

Old 11-18-2013, 09:13 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
Not sure about the map. I've tried several browsers while logged in to google, and I can't see anyone on it. Just looks like the normal google maps except for the URL.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by BigBlockF350
Not sure about the map. I've tried several browsers while logged in to google, and I can't see anyone on it. Just looks like the normal google maps except for the URL.
couldnt say.. could be that if chandler didnt log in for awhile it may have deleted all the info. but cant say for sure.. just a guess there..

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
couldnt say.. could be that if chandler didnt log in for awhile it may have deleted all the info. but cant say for sure.. just a guess there..
Yeah, it's probably non-functional.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
ill sorta be in your area around turkey time collin... key word being sorta lol.. will be driving through winchester about that time.. if i remember right leesburg's near it...

Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
ill sorta be in your area around turkey time collin... key word being sorta lol.. will be driving through winchester about that time.. if i remember right leesburg's near it...
Ooh Winchester, that's about where I picked up my truck a couple years ago. About 35 miles. You traveling on 81?

Quick Reply: Anyone Interested in a November Meet?