Standin on a corner in Winslow, AZ - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Standin on a corner in Winslow, AZ

Old 09-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Freshman User

Wmrdalydvm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Standin on a corner in Winslow, AZ

Hi Guys
My wife and I are just finishing a trip down Rt 66 From Chicago ( the start) to Santa Monica ( the end) in my 49 Ford Conv. Winslow Az is a great stop and I thought you'd like to see the Ford Flatbed parked there for photo ops
Here it is:

Here's our ride at Pete's Gas station in Williams AZ.:

If folks would like to see a day by day photo journal from Chicago to the end, just ask and I can post the links. it's a heck of a trpi and we had a blast
Bill
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Posting Guru

Mervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to allMervy49 is a name known to all
Well, I'm a standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona
and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me

That' a fine looking truck, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Elder User

Aus56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bill, that would be a great trip you and your wife have done. I have been at the start and the end of it as an overseas tourist, and would like to do the trip. Nice way to do it in that sweet convertible too. It would be interesting to see the links to photos of the trip.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Post Fiend

Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmrdalydvm View Post
If folks would like to see a day by day photo journal from Chicago to the end, just ask and I can post the links. it's a heck of a trpi and we had a blast
Bill
Are you kidding me!!!! Get those pictures to us ASAP! That sounds like a fantastic trip. Beautiful 49 you have there. Will your pictures have more pictures inside and out of your car? If not take some and share.

The rims on the truck look a lot like widowmakers???
Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Postmaster

FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Your luck is far better than mine. I've been to Winslow, stood on a corner, didn't see a flatbed Ford, didn't see a girl, no one slowed down to take a look at me.

Thanks for sharing.

DW
Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Senior User

54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
Your luck is far better than mine. I've been to Winslow, stood on a corner, didn't see a flatbed Ford, didn't see a girl, no one slowed down to take a look at me.

Thanks for sharing.

DW
Hey, Take It Easy.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Welder User

tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54TexasF100 View Post
Hey, Take It Easy.
You beat me to it.............LOL
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Senior User

54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.54TexasF100 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
You beat me to it.............LOL
Sorry about that but dont let that "Make you Crazy"
Old 09-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Postmaster

FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54TexasF100 View Post
Sorry about that but dont let that "Make you Crazy"
I need help - its the sound of my own wheels...
Old 09-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
I need help - its the sound of my own wheels...
Its probably not your wheels, maybe you just got a world of trouble on your mind. You should try to lighten up while you still can.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Post Fiend

Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Thanks guys. That brightened up my day. And that's a good song to have stuck in your head. I only have Hotel California here at the office. Well, I've got it on now.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Thanks guys. That brightened up my day. And that's a good song to have stuck in your head. I only have Hotel California here at the office. Well, I've got it on now.
Glad to provide relief. I guess we are all just prisoners here of our own device.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Elder User

oldfordcoupe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.oldfordcoupe is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
now i'll be stuck with that song in my head all day
Old 09-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Just another Joe

Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
PLEASE post pics of your trip. I too want to make that trip in reverse of your itinerary, from CA to IL. So, I would love to live vicariously through your trip until I can make it myself.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Senior User

EAK69 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bill, I hope you had the chance to talk to 'Pete' for a bit at his station in Williams - he is a friend and a good source of information on the route - especially in AZ.

I know you and I can talk shop all day about the route as I have traveled it (in full) twice BUT have traveled parts of it (SERIOUSLY) a few dozen times. I will be back on it in a few weeks going to Galena KS (you know the town - the Cars on the Route building is there and you probably took pics of the famous tow truck) to do some business with some owners and then back home.

Hope you had a good time and one thing I hear over and over and over from the travelers is: 'I have met some of the NICEST people while driving the route...'

And they would be correct in saying such....