1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Well, I went and did it....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:08 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mjunk1
you could use the stripper naming convention.... your first or favorite pet and the street you grew up on!
Mine would be Hatchet Asbury.... nah, doesn't work too well for trucks!

My truck is simply named Ed. I was going to go with Jed but when I picked up the license plate it was EDXXXX so i figured it was fate.
I never really named a truck until this CC I have now, and I think Kevin actually named it for me...."Big Red".

Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
I never really named a truck until this CC I have now, and I think Kevin actually named it for me...."Big Red".
We name all the vehicles and if you don't get to it quick, then someone else in the family comes up with it and you are stuck with it. So.. no peedaddlin or you get a loser name!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
As far as the license plate on the Mare, the middle two letters are G & H. When you add the two numbers in front and behind the letters you can come up with a nine and a seven, depending on the order you add them. When checking into campgrounds that's how I remember my license plate, Glenn's Hot 97 When you get old you have to play these mind games to remember stuff, LOL

Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by madpogue
Hmm, our blue truck would be "Big Dog Illin' ".......

(or, since it originally came from a dealership in Effingham, IL, maybe "Big Effin' Dog"....)
Hahaha, that literally made me laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Lovin the truck Nate!!! I think the bumper looks stupid! Sell it to me Lol!
Believe me, you're not the first to say that! I may need to start an auction, lol.

Originally Posted by fordman67
Mines clifford...its big..its red...and its a DOG!!!!
Yeah, these things aren't built for speeed, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by ReBilld
Some leather seats maybe
Now that's just mean!

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Nate, my Mare has a stock CD and the sound is better then normal. Now can a guy tell if it was sold as a premium sound system?
Glenn, I think (don't hold me to this) that all the trucks that have a factory CD player had the "premium sound system". The connections on the back of the CD player were different. There is one long and skinny connector and one small square connector. The other thing you can do is to look under the dash. kind of to the right of the fuel pedal, and up near the firewall you can see the amplifier, if you have the premium sound system. You'll see one long skinny wiring connector and the same square connector that goes into the back of the CD player. I did some working on mine last night and found this to be the case.

I made a little headway last night. I stayed out there working on the truck way too late and got the dash pad, A/C vents, Dash Trim, HVAC controls and CD player done.

It turns out this truck does have the "premium sound" system and I needed the amp bypass kit that I bought when I got my head unit a year or so ago. At the time I didn't know if I would need it or not, so I got it just in case. Good thing I did. The sound system certainly sounds better than the one in the old truck, but I seem to have a dead speaker in the front left. I'll have to investigate later and see if it is just a bad connection somewhere or what. The three speakers that are in there do sound pretty decent, but I still have a rattle in a couple of them. I don't know if they're blown or just full of junk. At any rate, it feels good to be making some progress.

It's killing me not getting much done on the truck. I feel like a kid with a new toy and I can't go out and "play" with it because I am too busy. School again tonight, but I may try and get a little more done. This weekend it's on like Donkey Kong! I'm going to tear into this thing and see what I can accomplish.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM
TyBragg
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the factory CD player, which I was very excited about when I got it. I never used it until recently, and much to my disappointment, it only works about half the time. The other half, it will sit there and load and load and load and load and never quit. Sounds like it can't get a grip on the CD to start playing it, and it just keeps trying. It's actually very annoying now. One of these days, I might just have to break down and put in an aftermarket one. I really like the idea of a 97 with a factory CD player...but I want to rip it out of there and throw it out the window every time it doesn't work! lol

Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TyBragg
I've got the factory CD player, which I was very excited about when I got it. I never used it until recently, and much to my disappointment, it only works about half the time. The other half, it will sit there and load and load and load and load and never quit. Sounds like it can't get a grip on the CD to start playing it, and it just keeps trying. It's actually very annoying now. One of these days, I might just have to break down and put in an aftermarket one. I really like the idea of a 97 with a factory CD player...but I want to rip it out of there and throw it out the window every time it doesn't work! lol
Pull it out and get it to me. I will see if I can combine mine with yours, make one that works and send it back to you. I think it would be cool too, but mine is pretty tore up. The front face is broken loose from the chassis and there is a broken button on it. If nothing else, don't throw it away. If you replace it with something else I'll buy that one from you.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 AM
TyBragg
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Pull it out and get it to me. I will see if I can combine mine with yours, make one that works and send it back to you. I think it would be cool too, but mine is pretty tore up. The front face is broken loose from the chassis and there is a broken button on it. If nothing else, don't throw it away. If you replace it with something else I'll buy that one from you.
I won't throw it away if I decide to replace it, but that's not on my radar at the moment. The radio works all the time...just the cd player that acts up, and I don't play cd's that much, so I can deal with it. Don't throw yours away either!

Oh, and I thought of a name for my truck....Yeti! It makes sense if you think about it...

Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts
I had one of the factory cds in my 93 mustang. it was a rare find..the next owner removed it :-( grrrrr idiot!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 12:20 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I won't throw it away if I decide to replace it, but that's not on my radar at the moment. The radio works all the time...just the cd player that acts up, and I don't play cd's that much, so I can deal with it. Don't throw yours away either!

Oh, and I thought of a name for my truck....Yeti! It makes sense if you think about it...
Isn't that yet another name for Bill!!?? Lol!

Old 09-20-2013, 01:49 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend

I like it!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
I made a little progress on the interior these last couple nights. Not much, but a little...

Hopefully tomorrow affords me the time to make some serious headway inside and out.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:14 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Looking good Nate, its a wonder what a old truck can look like clean.

First pet name and street you grew up on??? How's Yogi Farmbrook?? I don't think so! LOL

Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Looking good Nate, its a wonder what a old truck can look like clean.

First pet name and street you grew up on??? How's Yogi Farmbrook?? I don't think so! LOL
Thanks Glenn. It still has a long way to go.

Lol, mine would be "Sam Appleton"

Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Thanks Glenn. It still has a long way to go.

Lol, mine would be "Sam Appleton"
Mine would be "Tiger 41" LOL!!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts
Roxy grand....um no

Quick Reply: Well, I went and did it....