1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT live life to the full, enjoy every moment you can, time passes by for all of us.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT live life to the full, enjoy every moment you can, time passes by for all of us.

I am feeling pretty somber, about an hour ago we heard that my wife's oldest brother passed away. He had a kidney transplant about November and seemed to be going well. We all had high hopes he and his wife would be able to have a good long retirement together. We had actually got to know him a lot better while he and his wife spent 3 months in town near us, as he recuperated after the operation.

However he passed away alone today, he had gone to sit in his car for half an hour, while his wife and a daughter were out the back of the house working. His wife will be devastated, they lost a son 18 years ago in a horrific accident when a truck went through a stop sign, and his father had to identify him by his hair. Her life revolved around her husband and kids, grandkids, I don't know how she will cope without him. She was devastated when he had his transplant operation.

My wife said to me, you are not one of those people who have to write when something happens are you. I don't think so, but I do feel my own mortality at this time, and realise how fragile our hold on life can be. I wish you blokes all the best and hope you can make the best of the rest of your lives, whatever that may mean to each of us.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Amen, Neville.
And, listen to what you're saying to us as well. Wise words to live by.

Alan Ginsberg to Patti Smith, upon the passing of her husband, Fred "Sonic" Smith:
"Let go of the spirit of the departed and continue your life's celebration."

Last edited by The Horvaths; 03-28-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Quote.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Praying for you and your family, Neville.
Touching words, you have to live your life to the fullest.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Neville, I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing. No family loss is easy, but after what he endured and the hopes of your family for his recovery, it's even more devastating. Our prayers are with you and your sister and family.

Live your life for the now. There may not be a tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:07 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Take care of yourself and those around you in the coming days.

Bobby

Old 03-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Sorry to hear about your families loss. Thanks for the words on life....always good to be reminded that life is short and to be thankful each day you have. Prayers for you and the family.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm always saddened when I read of a loss like the one in your family, especially with the circumstances you have described . May God bless and comfort, as you all go thru the pain of your loss.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:23 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Thank you all for your kind words. He was a good man, active in the Rotary organisation for many years, did a lot for his community. The sort of person who makes lots of friends everywhere. Not a perfect man, as none of us are, I guess, but a good bloke in many ways, and the rock of his wifes's life. And yes the circumstances make it even more of a shock.

Losing a loved one is never easy is it? Both my wife's parents died of cancer, today she found out that her next oldest brother, has just started home dialysis for kidney problems, as her eldest brother did perhaps a year ago. It certainly has got us thinking about how we want our future to be.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM
wallster
Elder User
So sorry for your loss Neville. The fact that you shared him with us is a testament to his character and quite frankly leaving behind people who miss you is the ultimate goal. When we're kids, we are excited about what's around the next corner but somewhere along the way that excitement turns to worry. I understand how you feel, we do need to live life to the fullest and every now and then we all need a reminder. Thank you for that reminder.

Wally

Old 06-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Prays go out to you from KS :-)

Old 06-11-2020, 05:42 PM
fish pond
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ause56 thanks for your words aboot living, i needed to hear that, you timimg was spot on.

So sorry for you and yours sir,hope all pulls through and holds their heads up..
Greg

Old 06-12-2020, 04:42 AM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
So very sorry of your loss. I think many of us have been thinking of so many we have lost unexpectedly due to this virus and untimely medical circumstances. It does make one realize how fragile life is

Old 06-12-2020, 06:56 AM
rdemilt
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sad news, May God Bless you and your family.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:12 AM
ReForder
Fleet Mechanic

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, Neville. The words you speak are true, just live for the moment and cherish those around you while you can. Nothing can dull the sting of loss but time. And it's moments like these that make you take stock in yourself and where you are in life.

My daughter and I lost my first wife to breast cancer 11 years ago. We try to live by these words everyday, though it can be easy to get wrapped up in day-to-day stuff and we have to reset sometimes.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,440 Likes on 1,390 Posts
In case anyone missed it, this is a 6 year old thread, and Neville hasn't visited with us for a year. We all send our thoughts and prayers that he's recovered as best as possible from his loss.

Quick Reply: OT live life to the full, enjoy every moment you can, time passes by for all of us.