6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

missing dash buttons on a 13 f350 Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
SultanGris
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
missing dash buttons on a 13 f350 Platinum?

I have two missing buttons on my 13 f150 Platinum. One is by the eject button and hazzards, have been told is the airbag off button because it's crew cab it isn't there for some reason. Other is by hill decent control and traction control off buttons. No one knows what that one could be, so any of you have a button in that spot? What is it?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Jumbo131
Senior User
The third button by the traction control and hill decent is for the rear window defroster. I only have the traction control button on my dually. The other 2 spots are blank. Looks like a plastic snap in cover to conceal the holes. I haven't even noticed the one up by the hazard button and don't know what I have up there.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 AM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jumbo131
The third button by the traction control and hill decent is for the rear window defroster. I only have the traction control button on my dually. The other 2 spots are blank. Looks like a plastic snap in cover to conceal the holes. I haven't even noticed the one up by the hazard button and don't know what I have up there.
I don't think so, that button is in the middle stack by the rest of the climate buttons on my truck.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ummm...eject button??

Post a picture of your dash and point out the suspect areas.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:01 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by Firekite
Ummm...eject button??

Post a picture of your dash and point out the suspect areas.
For the cd player, can't believe they still make those, haven't used one since 2007 when I first got sync, Haha! I can't post pics, I use my smart phone and this forum is set up stupid, doesnt work.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:06 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you use your smart phone on here, switch to regular (not mobile site) and you can post pictures. You just get the full web page very small on your phone. I never use the mobile site on my iPhone. Only the full site.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
If you use your smart phone on here, switch to regular (not mobile site) and you can post pictures. You just get the full web page very small on your phone. I never use the mobile site on my iPhone. Only the full site.
Cool, thanks. Most forums I use have apps, forgot about the mobile sites, this forum had the worst mobile site I ever saw, I thought it was the full site it was so crappy looking on my phone, lol! Full site is much better. Still can't post a pic though, the upload image button wants a url.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:35 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I have looked thru the 2013 owners manual and a few videos on youtube but nothing about those buttons that I could find.
That right one under the CD player is blank even on the top line super duty.
For the others, one will be a light for passenger air bag (reg, extended), then TC and HA, not necessarly in that order.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by kper05
I have looked thru the 2013 owners manual and a few videos on youtube but nothing about those buttons that I could find.
That right one under the CD player is blank even on the top line super duty.
For the others, one will be a light for passenger air bag (reg, extended), then TC and HA, not necessarly in that order.
Yea I have a Platinum which the salesman told me was fully loaded which was why I'm wondering why two blank buttons. You know how those salesman lie, I thought he bamboozled me! Didn't figure a Platinum would have two blanks.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Crew cabs don't need the air bag shut off because there is no excuse for having a rear facing child seat in there, they fit yet he back seat fine. My thought anyways

Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go advanced below your reply and then click on attach paper clip. At the top of the page that opens click choose file and my iPhone asks to go to my photos or take a picture. I just did the attached from my iPhone below. Pic is just for example.

And that's exactly right. Crew Cabs don't get the airbag shutoff which is for Supercab and Regular cab trucks only. Not sure about the other buttons.

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
Go advanced below your reply and then click on attach paper clip. At the top of the page that opens click choose file and my iPhone asks to go to my photos or take a picture. I just did the attached from my iPhone below. Pic is just for example.

thanks for that.. I will need this over the next couple weeks away from the desktop computer.

sam

Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Haha, I thought maybe you were talking about a James Bond edition with the Eject Button feature...

Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
WherEs the paper clip? I don't see one on advanced

Old 09-06-2013, 05:14 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
You can only attach photos to a post if you are a club member.

If you want to post a photo without being a member, you need to upload it to an album:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/a...hp?do=addalbum

Then link to the photo.

Quick Reply: missing dash buttons on a 13 f350 Platinum?