Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

ACTIVE Mobile Phone Number

Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
ACTIVE Mobile Phone Number

I have three Ford vehicles with the Sync system factory installed, a 2010 Expedition Limited, 2012 Explorer Limited (wife's car) and my new 2013 F150 Platinum.

When I registered for Sync services for the 2013, the following message was emailed to me.

Originally Posted by The Ford Support Team
Hello George Ruff:

The mobile phone number 302-245-69xx is no longer Active in your SYNC account.

The mobile phone number 302-245-69xx has been made Active in another SYNC account, and therefore is no longer the Active mobile phone number for your SYNC account. You will not be able to access SYNC Services or Vehicle Health Report with this mobile phone number during the time it is Active in another account.

Please log in to your account account at SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com,
and add or select another mobile phone number as Active in your SYNC account. Please make certain that call blocker is turned OFF on this phone in order to access SYNC Services or Vehicle Health Report.

If you did not request this change to your SYNC account, please contact a SYNC representative today at:
Personalized Vehicle Owner Information

We hope you are enjoying your SYNC.

Ford takes your privacy seriously. Read our complete Privacy Statement at
Ford Privacy Policy | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com .

Note: Please do not reply to this email because it was sent from a notification-only address that does not accept incoming email. If you have questions that are not SYNC-related or questions about your vehicle, please contact us by visiting: Contact Us | Ford Motor Company Customer Service | Ford.com

Best,
The Ford Support Team
We use my wife's cell for her car and I thought I could use my cell for the 2010 and 2013.

What is the reason Ford limit's the cell no. use? Does this mean I have to have ANOTHER cell no. to register for my 2010?

Last edited by glruff; 08-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 296 Likes on 156 Posts
You can't have multiple cars in one SYNC account?

On my SYNC account, I can see "add a vehicle" next to my Taurus, and further down the page on the right-hand side, "Mobile used with SYNC: "

So it looks like you could have one account, two vehicles, and the same mobile.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
No Art, if you try to add another vehicle, it will reset the first one according to the email I got, and it does remove it from the first vehicle.

You can only have ONE sync tied to ONE mobile no. ONE mobile no. to TWO Sync accounts is a no go.

Apparently each vehicle is require to have its own registered sync account.

It would be better to have the sync account tied to the OWNER who should then be able to have multiple vehicles under ONE sync account. Now I have 3, 1 for wife which is active, 1 for 2013 F150 which is active, and no active moble for the 2010 Expedition which the 2013 F150 replaced in Fords eyes.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Krewat
You can't have multiple cars in one SYNC account?

On my SYNC account, I can see "add a vehicle" next to my Taurus, and further down the page on the right-hand side, "Mobile used with SYNC: "

So it looks like you could have one account, two vehicles, and the same mobile.
I used that exact same link thinking I could link 2 vehicles with 1 moble and it replaced the 2010 with the 2013.