1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six) - Page 6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Old 02-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Aloha-boy
Senior User
Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.
Just wanted to add that your shop is what dreams are made of!

Can't wait to see the start of your engine build.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.
Here are a few other projects I've been working on:

The stangs, gutted one and sold it. The other is patiently waiting for me to work on it.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.
The table, and Stands:

Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
Air compressors, and Vintage Medicine Cabinet:

Figuring out the wiring to make them run at the same time, off of two power supplies, while staggering the on/off cycle so start up didn't trip breakers.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:45 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
The Doors:

Old 02-14-2018, 08:51 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
The roof:

Old 02-14-2018, 09:06 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User

Old 02-14-2018, 10:04 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Looks Great!

Old 02-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Mixer man
Postmaster
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
Par excellence!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 PM
EBEAR
Elder User
EBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to behold
If your compressors are plumbed together just set the start pressure 15 or 20 lb's different .

Old 02-16-2018, 06:17 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.
Beautiful work, shop, and everything else! You are obviously a man of many talents! But you might need a new pair of gloves...

Old 02-16-2018, 06:33 AM
clintonvillian
Elder User
Originally Posted by EBEAR View Post
If your compressors are plumbed together just set the start pressure 15 or 20 lb's different .

That is what I was doing originally, however I ran into a problem.

When using my sand blast tank or cabinet, Only one compressor would kick on, and run, and run, and run. It would just hang there, and never gain any psi, nor lose enough psi to cycle the other compressor on.

I plumbed them to use ONE pressure switch, each compressor is on its own breaker and supply. The pressure switch toggles the contactors on. One is through a delay so it comes on just a few seconds after the other. It is a really good setup now.

FWIW, this setup is AWESOME. these compressors were $750 each. They are essentially Bel-Aires. Same pumps (made in Italy), Century Motors made in Mexico, and assembled in the USA.

Total you have 32 cfms, 120 gallons of storage. Running my blasters at 90 psi, they cycle on for a couple minutes, then are off for a couple.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:23 PM
Mixer man
Postmaster
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
It's good that you got the two stage pumps because HF is also selling the three cylinder single stage pump as a two stage, and that's wrong.
We have our two compressors set up as lead-lag with a 10 lb. differential, and rotate every month (we have a lead-lag switch).

Old 03-17-2018, 08:38 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
Looked your whole thread thru, forgot about you using a 300 6- Neat! I am also but on the bottom edge( stock 1 bbl, exhaust, M5R2 trans, no turbo or fancy stuff). Anyway great work! I like your roof work, Thanks for your input. I love your shop too!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:42 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a name known to allfordman75 is a name known to allfordman75 is a name known to allfordman75 is a name known to allfordman75 is a name known to allfordman75 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Greg Rogers View Post
Looked your whole thread thru, forgot about you using a 300 6- Neat! I am also but on the bottom edge( stock 1 bbl, exhaust, M5R2 trans, no turbo or fancy stuff). Anyway great work! I like your roof work, Thanks for your input. I love your shop too!
Man you are losing so much of the engine's potential running the stock 1V and exhaust. I love the 240/300 inline 6's, but I won't run one with the stock manifolds and 1V carb. You don't need to go wild with it. But even just stepping up a aftermarket intake with a adapter and a 2V 2100/2150 Autolite/Motorcraft carb with a pair of the 87-97 300 EFI exhaust manifolds( factory cast iron shorty headers ) will really wake up the 300. The 300 came so undercarbed/restricted from the factory it's not even funny.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.