1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six) - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Old 12-04-2013, 12:34 PM
portagoosey
Freshman User
portagoosey is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford 300 cu.in. mounting

I'm curious as how the six is mounted in your 4x4. I'm installing a 300 six in my 65 4x4 and having a hard time finding the bell housing with rear mounts as that's how my stock 352 V-8 is mounted.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:15 PM
'53 F100
Junior User
'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.'53 F100 has a great reputation on FTE.
I had the yoke twist off the front of my aluminum driveshaft while launching at the strip on my old Mustang. Fortunately it was at the launch and not down the track while doing 100+. Since then I like to add the hoop just in case....

Old 12-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Samsn4
Senior User
Samsn4 has a good reputation on FTE.Samsn4 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by portagoosey View Post
I'm curious as how the six is mounted in your 4x4. I'm installing a 300 six in my 65 4x4 and having a hard time finding the bell housing with rear mounts as that's how my stock 352 V-8 is mounted.

All the 6s i've seen mount from the motor, under the distro and in front of the starter, and the trans

Old 12-04-2013, 08:10 PM
51dueller
Post Fiend
51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.51dueller has a great reputation on FTE.
For a 300 bellhousing mount, your going to need to find a 65-66 F-350 or 65+ F-500/600. These trucks also use a front engine mount and not the side ones.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
my 66
Senior User
my 66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Would like details on narrowing the front cross member and rack? I want to put the cv on the front of my 55. Do you have any pic of while you were cutting and welding the cross member and rack? Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 PM
clintonvillian
Elder User
clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.
300's all have engine mounts there is no need for transmission mounts except the ones on the back. You are running a fourwheel drive though so your transfer case may require something different?

I am just running a T5 with a 302 mustang bell house.

Here is my link over at the hamb that has the build from the beginning...

Projects 1956 F100 Build Thread - THE H.A.M.B.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:40 PM
clintonvillian
Elder User
clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.clintonvillian has a great reputation on FTE.

Lower rear of cab all patched up. Now I just lack the outside corners!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:29 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by clintonvillian View Post

Lower rear of cab all patched up. Now I just lack the outside corners!
Great looking work!

Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 PM
clintonvillian
Elder User
Well I am so thrilled, I finally got the cab sitting back on its own mounts. I feel like the worst part of rust reapair on the cab is on the down hill now. I know I have a ton of sheet metal still to do but I no longer have to work around braces and in nooks and crannies....

I decided to do a smooth floor and transmission hump. So I am going to frame the floor with 16ga. 1 x 1 tubing.

Went ahead and welded the jambs solid.

Some of the welding is a little sloppy, I was practically standing on my head to get some of this tacked in. Just one of the down falls of not having enough room to get the cab off and where I can flip it around. Oh well, I will get them ground down and everything cleaned and rewelded as needed once I get the cab off.

OH AND DID I MENTION EVERYTHING IS SQUARE WITH GOOD GAPS!!!! YES!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Keep it up!!!!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:53 AM
WAY2LOW
New User
WAY2LOW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking good man.... when are you starting on the chop?

Old 12-17-2013, 03:33 PM
clintonvillian
Elder User
As soon as I get the floor pans in. Hoping here within the next week or so.

Here is a photoshop I did of what I am looking for. The yellow is a little loud, but being a Mountaineer Blue and gold just go together. (I don't know that the stripe is a for sure thing though). The blue is not quite as dark as I'd like and it will also be in satin.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
das54
Elder User
das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.das54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I had a 88 Bonneville in Black Sapphire metallic. Prettiest car I've ever owned. Very dark almost black in any but the sunniest light and the metallic would really pop.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 PM
clintonvillian
Elder User
Well I got my pans cut out and fitted. I lack a little bit of trimming before tacking them in but they turned out really well.

I actually impressed myself with how well they fit and how symmetrical they were.

I was actually able to sit in it for the first time..... man did that feel good!

I am getting really close to the chop and section. I can't make up my mind whether to chop and section, or just chop, or not???

Old 12-22-2013, 05:38 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Nice floors!
How much chop are you thinking? Make sure you chop the windshield first....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1956 - Chopped, Sectioned, with a S^3 engine (Supercharged-Straight-Six)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.