1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stock truck build (pics )

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:58 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Looking very nice, Denny! Was the seat cover something sold by a vendor, or custom made for you? It fits great!
Purchased the seat cover kit in Dec. of '08 from Obsolete . They had a xmas sale so it was ideal time to load up on needed parts. It is made by Cartouche in N.Y. Went to 3 upholstery shops to ask if they would like to do the job .First said he was not interested . Second said the cover would never go on because it was too tight & the third said it was the wrong cover .Thanks for taking up my time as it seems time gets more precious as we age .
So returned home back to the little shop of magic in the back yard & did the job my self . Do not ever use the word " can't " around me . That word does not exist in my vocabulary .

I may need to pull back & secure the bottom right spring as it makes a noticable protrusion in the bottom right front material .Over all I am pleaesd with the out come .

Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

I need to pull back & secure the bottom right front spring as it makes a small noticeable protrusion on the lower RF bottom of the seat base . It has been a ton of work but can see the light at the end of the tunnel .May go out & work on the floor covering of the 1ST-RIDE today .That truck is close to finish also .Would like to install the rear disc brakes after interior is done .When both trucks are done & SS has kicked in ( end of this yr. ) am going to complete the IN-10 -SI-T .The BB Chrysler roadster . May need a lift chair to get into it by that time !

Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 AM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
Compliments on your work !

Viewing this post brought back memories of how much work this hobby can be; albeit enjoyable.

You really have a fine eye for detail; and apparently patience for it as well.

Keep it up

Tom

Old 05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Made some progress wed .aft. It turned into a one man job. The most difficult was lowering the cab on to the chassis around the steering column . Left the column loose so it could hang down some near the dash . It worked fine . Installed the front cab mounting pads & bolts Then the light bulb went off & decided to installed the back dog bones . Good thing I did as the ********* PO didn't get them the correct distance apart when he repaired the cab corners . So thur am going to set the cab the correct distance off the rails & side to side & drill new holes thru the cab arm mntg brackets , weld a small pc of thick wall tubing between them while the dog bones are attached . Was so easy to get side tracked on attaching other items to the cab . Also received a tube of CRL 7708 sealant for the back glass & windshield install .The little woman is going to see her sister Sun - thur . so will have a few days of uninterupted work to do on the stock truck . Plans are to drive it back to the storage garage if the people who said they would show up do .

Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Fri. progress

Attached the shifting arms , installed the lower door seals ( used an excellant pair of originals ). Had a new set but majority ruled on the original set at the body shop .Installed the door checks , emergency brake cable , speedo cable , test fit the elec. wiper motor & arms ,checked the shifting pattern & every thing works fine , and took inventory .

The truck left the bodyshop & went next door to my buddies cabinet shop .No saw dust sat . Have all day to work on it . Would like to concentrate on the wiring ,or enough to get it fired up & moveable under it's own power . Towing it around is getting old .

Attached Images     
Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 AM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
That is looking really good.

I recommend installing gauges and enough wiring to run the gauges.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:20 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

sat. progress

Secured the dog bone cab arms & the 4 other mounting points . Installed the 4 pc floor pans & seal .Ran the fuel line & tightened fittings .Installed the right rear corner interior panel so the filler neck could be finally secured . Secured the steering colunm to the dash . Ran some minorwiring . Test fit the abs fire wall cover . Secured the e-brale cable to bell housing . Took inventory again . Installed the elec. wiper assembly which required some minor tweeking of the attaching cage section .Attached the fresh air tube elbow . Secured the trans cover . Plans are for a sun aft. noon - thur . work on the stock truck schedule .

Attached Images        
Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Horizonblue
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First rider, that is absolutely beautiful. Man, you do nice work!

Old 05-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's looking really good. Nice progress!

Old 05-11-2014, 02:00 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
Where did you get that door seal? It doesn't look at all like mine -- it looks much better! Looks like it might actually touch the door and seal?!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:56 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Tues progress . Wed. will be major wiring day , install window regs ,attach the hood to cowl seal , maybe get a battery , and what ever attacelse comes up . Seems one can dssassemble a door in an hour & it takes way longer to assemble just like everything else .Any one know the length & size of the 8 small fine thread screws / bolts that hold the fresh air vent assembly to the cowl ?

Attached Images        
Old 05-14-2014, 11:05 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking goog! Not sure if it matters to you, but the original screws holding the steering column access plate to the floor had a bolt head (also coarse thread) and not a round philips head.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Your truck is looking great!!! Good job!!! Watching with great interest.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:53 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Looking goog! Not sure if it matters to you, but the original screws holding the steering column access plate to the floor had a bolt head (also coarse thread) and not a round philips head.
The phillips wafer heads screws were free at the body shop . If a judge wants to rip up the floor mat to check he better be prepared to by a new one !!
Thur progress .Any FTE'er at Truckstock please keep the stock truck on the DL . The little woman thinks it left a yr. ago . Acually it did .It went to the storage garage which is some thing else she doesn't know about .I dread the day when I roll up in the stock truck to take her w/ me to the car show & some thing doesn't look just right to her & it doesn't make as much noise as the BB in the 1ST-RIDE . Oh well , will cross that bridge when the time comes .

Attached Images           
Old 05-16-2014, 08:49 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Major progress today .
Installed all the wiring tha I could.
Connected the heater hoses .
Wired , connected & installed gauge cluster
Wired & installed headlight switch w/ new **** .
Wired & installed starter button .
Wired & installed ignition switch .
Wired & installed speedo.
Installed dash speaker grill
Insatlled speaker grill trim .
Installed radio .
Fastened steering column to floor mat seal ..
Installed & routed choke cable to carb & secured
Installed throttle cable to carb & secured .
Istalled bench seat .
Took inventory (again )
Am very happy with how this build is progressing .

Quick Reply: Stock truck build (pics )