1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Where are all of our Darksiders???????

Old 08-18-2013, 08:18 PM
gregstith
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm still working on my project. Just been busy with other things the last few weeks. Planning on going to frog follies this weekend so might be another weekend without much progress.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,111 Likes on 2,644 Posts
Originally Posted by topmoo
Not that I don't like the darkside, I do! I did flip my hood and totally change the drivetrain and suspension front and back. I am shaving the handles and going to put in one piece glass in the doors. In two years after I retire I am going to do another and make it into a Phantom woodie (a phantom woodie is a vehicle that began as something other than a woodie), which was my original plan for this one. But, the cab is too nice to cut it above the windshield and off of the floor. I will probably stick to a fat fender car for the woodie. Similar to last one that I did which started out as a 4door sedan.
I love that rig and unfortunately can't vote anymore for it in the picture battles. That trip down to Texas just might have to happen sometime

Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,111 Likes on 2,644 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
I love that rig and unfortunately can't vote anymore for it in the picture battles. That trip down to Texas just might have to happen sometime
Originally Posted by Drewski 2
Don't be trying to sell yourself short. You've done some great work on the 56.

Not meaning to "dis" any of the darksiders or heavily customized or whatever name we need to call them. Just wondering what happened to some of the regulars that seem to have all but disappeared. The term darksider was here before I came, but I always took it to mean custom work that involved the body and interior as well and the drive train.
I would imagine Kieth is busy attending shows and enjoying his rig, I intent to stop by and meet pitshop some day, he's only about 3 1/2 hours from me and also try and hook up with Yamagrant too around the some time as he's just a little further. I think it would be fun to meet up with most of the regulars here. Someday, maybe someday

Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 PM
airwolves
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have mine trying to get it painted. Suppose to be done 1 to 2 months and we are at 3 going on 4. My son is getting impatient but as long as the painter does better than I could i'll be happy.

Mine came with a 305 with cracked block so I had a zz4 rebuilt. Still in the break in as it don't have 50 miles on her.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:20 AM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
I soo deep dark Im in another solar system
current build is a 46 chevy pick-up going to be.....
widended 10"
body chopped 4.25"
top chopped 2"
unibody bed...........

Old 08-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Keith, that 46 Chevy sounds like it will be a real treat to see it done, I love customs, like the Spence Murray 52? Chevy dream truck and vehicles with extensive body mods. Have seen several mid fifty F100's with reshaped beds, modded fronts etc, look great.

Topmoo, great looking woodie, bit of a busman's holiday though isn't it a chippie working on a wood bodied car? Great work. Saw this one at a show here recently, hope you enjoy it. Is it just me, it really seems to be a painful exercise to post pictures here.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by keith56_cruz_cab
I soo deep dark Im in another solar system
current build is a 46 chevy pick-up going to be.....
widended 10"
body chopped 4.25"
top chopped 2"
unibody bed...........
Do you have your build posted somewhere in this other solar system? I for one would like to see it's progress.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:36 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Or my trip to Canada! I should go somewhere during our unbearable summers. The woodie that I built is no longer - it burned in a fire that completely leveled a mechanic shop that not only had that woodie, but also had a 40 Ford that had the mechanical done and the body had already been cut. I was going to trailer the Ford to my shop the following week to begin another, also for a client. If it wasn't for that fire I would probably be building woodies instead of restaurant interiors The 40 Chevy in the pictures was built for a former professional baseball player/announcer/Astros manager - Larry Dierker. He is the one in the picture with it. He was going to drive it to the ballpark and park it out front where everybody enters the park and next to the bar. Other players were already interested in having one built, and a friend of his had ordered the 40 Ford. After the fire they all lost interest.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
For those that might be interested.........you might take a look at this guy's build. Some over the top work. The truck has a neat history with his family. Part of his build is linked to the darksiders realm.

Worth the look if you're into customs.

Chopped 55 f100 - The Garage Journal Board

Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
[quote=Aus56;Topmoo, great looking woodie, bit of a busman's holiday though isn't it a chippie working on a wood bodied car? Great work. Saw this one at a show here recently, hope you enjoy it. Is it just me, it really seems to be a painful exercise to post pictures here.[/QUOTE]

Aus56, that is a cool woodie, interesting top on it. And woodworking is the easy part for me, metal working is a whole other art that I am just a beginner at. And if you become a "Supporter" by paying, it is easy to post pics by using the paper clip at the top of the "go advanced" box
Here are a couple more pics of the work in progress:

Attached Images   
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM
topmoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Drewski 2
For those that might be interested.........you might take a look at this guy's build. Some over the top work. The truck has a neat history with his family. Part of his build is linked to the darksiders realm.

Worth the look if you're into customs.
That truck was a lot of work! I may not be into chopped and channeled but I can appreciate the painstaking work involved, and the quality.

This is the kind of darkside custom that I love and would like to build:

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 AM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm still on here lurking. My build is complete, I'm waiting for my painter to finish another project before he can get going on mine. After that it goes right over to my upholsterer for the leather interior. After I get it all back together I'll post pics of the finished product.

" Happiness - 3 pedals and a 5 speed"

Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
That truck was a lot of work! I may not be into chopped and channeled but I can appreciate the painstaking work involved, and the quality.

This is the kind of darkside custom that I love and would like to build:
I enjoy any kind of custom build and that is a beauty. Really nice surfboard too!!

Nice work you did on the woodie!! Shame it was lost in the fire. I notice you can't have enough clamps in wood work either.

Originally Posted by 48 Steel
I'm still on here lurking. My build is complete, I'm waiting for my painter to finish another project before he can get going on mine. After that it goes right over to my upholsterer for the leather interior. After I get it all back together I'll post pics of the finished product.

" Happiness - 3 pedals and a 5 speed"
I knew you were still around.......just haven't heard much from you lately. Waiting on the painter explains it.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Aus56
Elder User
. And if you become a "Supporter" by paying, it is easy to post pics by using the paper clip at the top of the "go advanced" box
:
Topmoo, sorry to hear about your tragedy with the fire, and the resulting change of plans after that. It must have been devastating for you.

The trouble I have posting pics is getting them on this site. On the gallery page when you download pics, even though they have 5 spots to select pics to download for your album, It will only allow me one, occasionally 2 at best to donwload. Then it will only allow me 7 pics in any album. Once they are in an album on this site, it is simple to put pics in a thread. I don't have a photobucket and from comments I have seen here, it has gone downhill somewhat.

Is it easier to import pictures if you are a paid supporter?

That surf wagon is stunning, style, presence, beautiful, looks so cool with the boards. I can see it parked down near the beach with the old Barris surf woodie.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Aus56
The trouble I have posting pics is getting them on this site. I don't have a photobucket and from comments I have seen here, it has gone downhill somewhat.

Is it easier to import pictures if you are a paid supporter?
I am a paid supporter, and I still use Photobucket most of the time when putting pics in a post because I can see it in the Preview. Paperclipping a photo as a Supporter does not allow a preview.

Photobucket has changed, but I still like using it. Here's how...

Go to Photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: And I just discovered how to view the pics in the post using the paper clip. So there's that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where are all of our Darksiders???????