Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Grand Daddy's Gift to Me Needs Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 AM
knotEdog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey whale tailin I have the same but differ ent problem with my truck. Read through all of the responses I've gotten in my threads there is a bunch of info. I got the same mlps ohming to spec problem but I didn't try it unplugged. I didfile down my orig ford mlps connector do the new harness would slip onto it and ohm ed it out with same results.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Without looking into this issue any, from a component troubleshooting standpoint you want to unplug the MLPS when measuring resistance. If y'all are taking readings with it connected, then not only are you measuring across the MLPS itself but you're also reading across the EEC inputs which'll screw up your results.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
For E4OD safety mods (including the cooler) click in the link in my signature, you'll find very detailed info.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM
garrett_8
Senior User
i have a 93 ford f150 302 4x4 but im going a tad bit different route than making it look like it came off the showroom floor, mainly a slight change under the hood bye bye 302

Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 AM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by garrett_8
a slight change under the hood bye bye 302
Sideoiler? Coyote?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 PM
garrett_8
Senior User
Originally Posted by dixie460
Sideoiler? Coyote?

460 and since there are allot of chevys in the area ill probly put fancy 5.0 emblems on the side

Old 08-15-2013, 02:49 AM
WhaleTailin
Freshman User
Well I didn't get picked to play but I did win $500.00 for having a mayo pack on a quickie deal. Wow thanks for all the replies. You guys rock. I dropped the pan literally and damn that's alot of fluid when you are wearing it. That will never happen again. I walked across the road and had my neighbor weld in a drain plug. Fluid was the color of brick dust and just as dull. My torque converter doesn't have a drain plug so I changed the filter and gasket. Refilled the trans and followed a thread at the fsb site on using the upper cooler line to flush the TC

Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Bowtie_Schmowtie
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I haven't watched Let's Make A Deal, so I honestly don't know...are you going to be on TV?

How cool would it be to have a fellow FTE member on national television?! I'd definitely have to watch the show then!

It seems like there's only a few ways to get on TV around these parts... and none of them are good...

Welcome to FTE, by the way. And kudos for what you've accomplished so far.

Git 'r dun, girl!

Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 AM
knotEdog
Junior User
Wink

Originally Posted by Bowtie_Schmowtie
I haven't watched Let's Make A Deal, so I honestly don't know...are you going to be on TV?

How cool would it be to have a fellow FTE member on national television?! I'd definitely have to watch the show then!

It seems like there's only a few ways to get on TV around these parts... and none of them are good...

Welcome to FTE, by the way. And kudos for what you've accomplished so far.

Git 'r dun, girl!
By chance when you were on let's make a deal did anyone win 2 mini coopers? My sisters friends mom went to the show sometime this week and somebody won 2 of them plus a crap load of diving and surfing equip.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Uh. So, are you knotEdog's grand daughter? Is this his truck you're posting about?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 AM
WhaleTailin
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Encho
For E4OD safety mods (including the cooler) click in the link in my signature, you'll find very detailed info.
Thanks Encho, what do you think about using a Honda radiator with an electric fan mounted in front of the AC. And wouldn't it be better to just bypass the original radiator cooling section. That seems kinda dumb to have trans fluid running through a radiator full of water. If the thing fails there goes $2k. Wow I just saw where you are hailing from. Talking about going that extra mile to be helpful, in your case going that extra 1000 miles. Thanks again and let me know about my Honda Rad Idea

Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 AM
WhaleTailin
Freshman User
Gee thanks Bob I only been a forum member for 3 days and already you are trying to pawn me off. Well I never !!! Hehehe I think that Knotedog's issue is more in depth than mine because I don't even know if my trucks drives. Well it did when my Grand Dad drove it, but I haven't driving it yet. I want to fix it first

Old 08-15-2013, 05:01 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhaleTailin
Gee thanks Bob I only been a forum member for 3 days and already you are trying to pawn me off. Well I never !!! Hehehe I think that Knotedog's issue is more in depth than mine because I don't even know if my trucks drives. Well it did when my Grand Dad drove it, but I haven't driving it yet. I want to fix it first
LOL, nah I'm not. Earlier, I coulda sworn knotedog's post looked like a reply from you.. now it's different.

This here internet is weird sometimes...

Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WhaleTailin
Thanks Encho, what do you think about using a Honda radiator with an electric fan mounted in front of the AC. And wouldn't it be better to just bypass the original radiator cooling section. That seems kinda dumb to have trans fluid running through a radiator full of water. If the thing fails there goes $2k. Wow I just saw where you are hailing from. Talking about going that extra mile to be helpful, in your case going that extra 1000 miles. Thanks again and let me know about my Honda Rad Idea
LOL! the original radiator on any automatic vehicle has a section devoted EXCLUSIVELY for ATF, that and the coolant shouldn't ever mix since that would blow-out your trans real fast. The Honda radiator is a good idea as long as it only ran ATF (so there isn't any rust or deposits from old coolant in there) and the wiring is done properly. You might want to check if your current alternator is a 3G so it can handle the load, does it have an external fan? (that would make it a fire-prone 2G), but I'm pretty sure that since yours is a late model it should be 3G already, post a pic and we'll tell you the exact amperage, there are 95A and 130A versions, you want the later of course.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
to tell if you have a 2G (G stands for gen) or a 3G alternator (alt) look at the pully and if you see fan blades on the out side (front attached to the pully) it will be a 2G, if the pully is fanless (fan I believe is inside the alt its self) and the pully is a gold type color it will be a 3G. if you could post a picture as Encho suggested, we could tell you which you have.

Quick Reply: My Grand Daddy's Gift to Me Needs Help!!