6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

What did you do to your 6.7L Today???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:05 PM
2piecespecial
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do to your 6.7L Today???

I did the Sync software update. The 4 quadrants on the My Ford Touch screen can be accessed now by touching anywhere in the quadrant now instead of just the corners.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Put in 5 gallons of DEF and drained the fuel filter.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM
mikey350
Junior User
I managed to clean the rest of my engine bay out of a cat, and put my new fan in. took about an hour to get everything back together, and coolant added again. Now I am waiting for a new tranny cooler line, C clip, and I can start driving it again. Gonna pull my headlights and replace the LEDS, and adjust my brights up higher one of these nights because they are too low for me to see.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 PM
2piecespecial
Senior User
Originally Posted by CarlT100
Put in 5 gallons of DEF and drained the fuel filter.
Sounds like your DEF tank was completely empty! I also drained my water separator. We jus returned from a short trip but had to stop at various fuel stations so I decided to drain. Very little water in fuel. I usually drain monthly and started doing this with my '11.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Drove it. I forgot how comfortable the seats were. I keep them covered, but pulled the covers to wash them. I think I'll enjoy my seats again for a little longer - as long as I don't have any plans to load up the cab again. Then I'll cover them back up.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 2piecespecial
I did the Sync software update. The 4 quadrants on the My Ford Touch screen can be accessed now by touching anywhere in the quadrant now instead of just the corners.
Wait a minute. What does Sync and the touch screen have to do with the engine??

Just giving you a hard time. I know what you were after with the thread.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM
2piecespecial
Senior User
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
Wait a minute. What does Sync and the touch screen have to do with the engine??

Just giving you a hard time. I know what you were after with the thread.
There goes the neighborhood j/k.
I thought this would be a good place to post stuff about our 6.7's. I'm constantly learning new stuff about these New Ford Powerstrokes and like to pass it on.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nothing to the engine, I did add def and waxed the truck. Mothers' spray wax on the sides, paste wax on the hood and roof.

I also decided to wash/black streak remove one of our work trailers. Loving the mild summer, normally it's 98° outside this time of year. Been in the 80's all summer though.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 AM
2piecespecial
Senior User
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Nothing to the engine, I did add def and waxed the truck. Mothers' spray wax on the sides, paste wax on the hood and roof.

I also decided to wash/black streak remove one of our work trailers. Loving the mild summer, normally it's 98° outside this time of year. Been in the 80's all summer though.

Have you tried Mothers clay bar kit yet? I Love it! It takes the look of the truck to the next level after cleaning. Kit comes with 2 clay bars, a bottle of showtime, and a nice towel. Very easy to use just make sure to keep the surface your working wet while your gliding the clay bar over it. It pulls out the impurities from the paint leaving glass look and feel. I highly recommend this kit.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Thanks, I will have to try it.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 PM
mrjc
Senior User
Road trip tommorow

Engine got.....nothing. Filled up my large opti-lube bottle for fuel stops, some DEF and 5 gallon spare Diesel jug. Ops checked the DVD screens in the back for the kids. Love the Kenwood Nav for the ability to feed video and audio to Kids in the back w headsets and mom and I can jam on tunes or listen to Rush in front and have split screen for nav and movie so I can sneak a peek. It is nice to load luggage and kids bikes and gifts and coolers and stuff for a roadtrip in the bed and still have lots of room in the cabin to move around and cooled seats for bun comfort vs packing a car full with no room. Used the 12V plug under the rear seat to power my old nuvi my older son sticks to his window so he can have his own GPS with time to destination and not ask me all the time "how much longer!" These trucks were also made for road trips with kids! And 20ish MPG is helps my wallet.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 AM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hauled my 12,500lb 5er up and down long 6% and 7% grades through Utah (a week ago did the same in Montana) and maintained 60 to 65 mph all the time - gotta love this engine!!

Does get some pretty high oil temps going on those long grades - but I like the fact I can keep my eye on it with my H&S in the heat - 94 degrees outside - she did top 242 a couple times. Over 230 degrees the defueling warning hits and you can make sure you don't push it too hard. I don't think you could do a 15,500lb trailer at that speed, you'd likely have to slow her down to keep your temps in line.

This truck loves to work!!!

Also love not having to stop for fuel every 3 hours - thanks Titan!!

Averaging 12.3 mpg - thanks H&S!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
OffroadSD
Senior User
I wish I could say that I replaced my wheel bearing/hub, but just waiting on another back ordered part from Ford. Shows it should arrive today though so hopefully tomorrow I can post that I fixed my front wheel bearing!
In the mean time the waiting game continues......

Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM
displacement4me
More Turbo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This talk of DEF made me check mine and I found this mystery

So I took a few minutes to charge my environmentally clean truck

I finally removed the urea tank after being deleted deadweight for a few months. I thought it was going to be more involving than it was, I should've done it long ago..

Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Changed the oil/filter and added 3 gallons of DEF this past weekend.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 6.7L Today???