Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

did one of ya's ...............

Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
did one of ya's ...............

on here from around here come pick up my old frame from my 53 ?????? i came home tonight and it was missing , and the wife has no idea as she was gone , and of course none of the neighbors seen a damn thing . just curious if one of my fellow addicts siezed it for a quick fix or whether it got taken by someone without my permission ....................

Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant future
I don't know how it is up there, but down here steel is back up to $170 a ton.

I'm just sayin'.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
truckdog62563
Post Fiend
truckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant future
Weren't me, Kevin.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader
dynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to beholddynamic is a splendid one to behold
Yup, I'd bet some scrapper saw it and cashed in. Chances are he didn't cut it up. Call around the local scrap yards. With scrap prices so high most yards require I'd for payment.

Good luck.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM
jhaas63
Senior User
jhaas63 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
LOW LIFES!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
yamagrant
Post Fiend
yamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputationyamagrant has a superb reputation
Bastadges!!! Just a bare frame? did yu need it? If the nieghbors didn't see anybody wresteling a frame out of your yard, it may be a time to move, or get a big a$$ dog and keep in the back yard. Time for yard lites and video camera's. I'd personally buy a cattle prod, bait 'em then strike! Good luck.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputationtopmoo has a superb reputation
Wow, what people will do! So sorry to hear of that sick kind of theft, I hope you can recover it from a local scrap yard. Too bad your neighbors didn't see anything!
I caught two women one day a few years ago stealing metal out of a shed off of a house behind me on the other side of the alley. They claimed some lady at the corner told them it was ok. There is no lady at the corner I knew as I have lived here for well over 30 years, so I told them to put the stuff back and get the hell out of there before the owner shot them (and he would have if he caught them). Their car wouldn't start and since I was in a dead end alley I helped them push it out so that I could go. I called the cops and reported it with their licence number and three months later was called by a Houston cop and asked to ID mugshots. They caught both of them on some other crime and got extra time for this one. Never have seen them again

Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Thieves around are pretty brazen. The neighbor at my shop asked me the other day if I saw anyone around his building on the previous Saturday. I am in and out of my shop on weekends many times but I didn't see anything. Not that I would have noticed, it would have just seemed to be one of his guys hooking up his trailer. Not only did they steal his enclosed trailer but the $30K machine he had inside. We're in a fairly high end community, most people wouldn't think we'd have a problem but I'm very leery and don't leave anything sit outside my shop if I'm not there. I once had a scrapper stop by and gave me a decent buck for some scrap I had on my car trailer. After he loaded it onto his trailer they started looking over my car trailer, telling me what a nice trailer it was. It went home for sure that night.

There was a ring around here stealing farm equipment. A farmer was eating breakfast and heard a noise out in his drive. When he got to the widow to check it out he saw a pickup pulling one of his implements out of the driveway. He jumped in his truck and followed them to a quarry. He called the cops on the way and they met him there and busted a couple of guys who dragged stolen implements and whatever to the quarry to cut it up.

I've read a lot of posts here and on other boards saying how it's getting to the point that you almost have to have an **** exam to scrap metal to prove you legally own it, this is why.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
I hope some one just borrowed it for mrasurement or to clean it up for you

Abou 3 nights ago I heard a couple of gun blast out in the back community yard - Someone was trying to get im my friends car barn - He chased them towards me - I forced them into one of two decisions - Telephone Pole or a tree - They took the pole

Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.
My brother's had locks cut and good parts taken, including body panels ripped right off of vehicles. He built a bigger barn way up the hill next to our mom's house. She shoots rabbits for nipping a little lettuce. I'd hate to see what she might do if the fools came up that hill and got caught.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Its always depressing when someone steals from one of us,(FTE family) Most likely a dope fiend trying to get well. I think calling the wreckers is worth a try, you may even get lucky and get an ID. I agree with beefing up your home security, they could be back, I sure hope not.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear about your missing frame. If you need one I've got a 55 (missing a few parts) but it doesn't have a title to go with.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 AM
lowtrkn2k
Elder User
lowtrkn2k is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hate losers that would rather steal than get off their asses and earn money to buy what they need or want. That's totally low down and not to mention ballsy, a frame isn't exactly a grab and go theft!!

I hope you get your frame back and in the process catch the crooks.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
After he loaded it onto his trailer they started looking over my car trailer, telling me what a nice trailer it was. It went home for sure that night.

I've read a lot of posts here and on other boards saying how it's getting to the point that you almost have to have an **** exam to scrap metal to prove you legally own it, this is why.
That's why I keep my trailer insured for COMP and COLL for $20 a year. Worth every penny of that $20. No deductible for COMP and only a $50 COLL deductible. I'd be glad if someone stole my trailer so I can buy a new one.

Just two months ago I took an almost bare frame from a 52 F2, along with some other scrap parts, to the recycler. All I was asked for was my ID. No one even bothered to ask me for title papers or anything else to prove ownership. The stamped VIN in the frame area was even cutoff by the PO. I was surprised at how easy it was. This proves that anyone can scrap anything without any major repercussion.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM
POS-F500
Senior User
POS-F500 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.POS-F500 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
is Overhaulin taking just bare frames now? (sorry, but I happen to be watching that right now.. )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: did one of ya's ...............

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.