Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need help! Bad fuel=4 bad injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Its the square head plug in this pic, normally right behind the alternator.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 PM
LisaE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Its the square head plug in this pic, normally right behind the alternator.

Is this for the passenger side bank?
Thanks!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LisaE
Is this for the passenger side bank?
Thanks!
forget about the alternator comment, that square plug is on the passanger side head just below the valve cover . front lower side. i'd have a coffee can , bucket, dog bowl, some thing held over that port when you cycle the key. if its not clogged it will be coming out of their.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:51 PM
LisaE
Junior User
Thanks...Praying this is it...just about to give up...again

Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Yes, I am sorry, not alternator, AC compressor on the passenger side.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:44 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
Just a clarification for this picture. The test port circled in this pic is on the passenger side of the vehicle. It can be used to measure the fuel pressure post-filter. It does not supply only the passenger rail with fuel. Each side of the engine has it's own line coming out of the fuel bowl that feeds it. If you discovered low fuel pressure at this test port, the driver side would have the same issue.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:49 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Okay...heres our readings from the OMH meter 3.1 on #1, 3.4 on #7, 3.1 on #3, and 3.2 on #5
???
Thanks
Those are pretty close. #7 is the furthest off, but not my too much. Were these readings taken from the connector at the valve cover gasket, from the 42 pin connector, or from the IDM connector?

I'd take a reading from each location and compare them to see if anything changes at some point. If it does, take your ohm meter and touch the two lead together and note what it reads. Then place the ends of the meter on each end of the wire in question and see if the reading is the same or if there's an issue with that wire.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Currently my husband has been in the engine for the past 5 days. He says that after draining over half the tank, changing the fuel filter, using sea foam in the remaining fuel and the new filter
Going back to the beginning, how much fuel is still in the truck? If it's below 1/4-tank, you may have a compound issue - it may just need some fuel in there. It's possible you got carried away with the sea foam, or that one more filter change can help, or that you have a load of air in the fuel rail, or some bad fuel... but it should be easy to clear. The truck can likey be repaired very inexpensively, if you have somebody with diesel experience dive in and give a hand. You might even have a claim on insurance, or against your fuel purveyor.

Back to draining the passenger-side fuel rail - open that little cap with a small wrench and turn the key (but don't crank the engine). Like stated by tappit01, fuel will shoot out of there, so be ready for the mess.

Again... this is very likely an inexpensive fix - far cheaper than giving up and dealing with Tarzanning to a different vehicle.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 PM
LisaE
Junior User
Okay...I will try all of these things. I will be doing these things on my own this week now as hubby goes back to work for another 2 weeks. I know where there plug is so I will unscrew. I will try that, but after that I will have to hunt down a local diesel mechanic that isn't gunna charge me a arm and a leg to help with any more above and beyond that. I will let you all know how I fair

Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
LisaE
Junior User
Can you guys tell me if the passenger bank shutting down is possibly related to the fuel injector pump (I think that what I was told) The one under the driver seat area? Maybe this is why I am not finding any bad connections?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM
lartross
Elder User
I believe the pump you're talking about is the "lift Pump" which delivers fuel to the fuel filter from the fuel tank. From there the fuel is delivered to the injectors which pressurize the fuel using high pressure oil from the high pressure oil pump to the injectors. Clear as mud?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 575 Likes on 372 Posts
Can you guys tell me if the passenger bank shutting down is possibly related to the fuel injector pump (I think that what I was told) The one under the driver seat area? Maybe this is why I am not finding any bad connections?
If you're getting fuel to fire half the engine, it's not the lift pump...on the frame under the drivers seat area.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
sand_fiend
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im too lazy to read back through the post.

Did you, or can you post where your at ? City.. Maybe their is someone who lives close by who will come over and take a look for you. It happens all the time on this forum. that's why we love this site..

Old 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM
LisaE
Junior User
Covington/Maple Valley Washington

Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
thcooler
New User
has anyone heard of the fuel tanks coming apart and jacking up injector pumps and clogging injector around 150000 miles. friend went to a class on ford diesels and was told that early 2000s trucks are doing this and ford wont recall them. maybe thats her problem

Quick Reply: Need help! Bad fuel=4 bad injectors