Truckstock 2013 - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock 2013

Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
I like this idea.
I will second that. I think it would be fun to stop as a group during the cruise.

Doc if entertainment doesn't fit into the "keep it simple" event planning this year don't worry about it. The fiddle player sounds good but I'm sure there'll be enough entertainment from all of us Truckstockers!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Some of the best moments were around the campfire. A good time for conversation and relaxation.

The simplified nature of this year's event (meaning simpler for Doc) needs to be kept in mind... Truckfest appears to have managed without any entertainment. Other than... well, enough said.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Rob, if you'll remind me, we can drive by the Appalshop and let you see where the "magic" all happens.
That would be great if we have time!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I drove across the mountain last week (well I actually drive across it just about every day now in one spot or another), and the view of the foothills poking up through the low-lying fog was gorgeous, even for a local who's looked at it for almost 40 years now. Here's hoping that the fog isn't so thick this year during the cruise.
Does Pine Mt. mean a mandatory mountain driving course for flatlanders?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant future
No. Flatlanders crashing in the mountains is where we get most of our truck parts.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
Sure!

Lesson #1: Wear thick-soled shoes, because you never know when you might have to put your foot down on the pavement during a brake failure.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
The fiddle around the campfire sounds like fun. He doesn't have to play all night, just play a little here and there. When I was a kid my friend's neighbor used to sit on his porch once in a while and pluck his banjo. It was great to just sit in the darkness and listen.
That explains a lot about you Bob!!! LOL!!
" you got a pertty mouth boy!!"

No I m just kidding you Bob !!
I would love to learn how to play the banjo!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
I saw this T-shirt in a shop window in Gatlinburg this past weekend. For some reason, I thought about you guys.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 AM
cruisetopdown
Elder User
cruisetopdown has a very good reputation on FTE.cruisetopdown has a very good reputation on FTE.cruisetopdown has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
No. Flatlanders crashing in the mountains is where we get most of our truck parts.
Now that's funny! LOL!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:01 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
But so many of the parts are crumbled into unusable ***** of steel, aren't they

Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Doc, I have scheduled the time to come, and will be there hopefully....lol just got back from a long trip and all went well, at 55-60 m.p.h. and waving to all the lookers. Have a few electrical gremlins to iron out. Have to go to Cumberland Gap area also for another get-together, so count the wife and I in. thanks Bill

Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Doc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 View Post
Doc, I have scheduled the time to come, and will be there hopefully....lol just got back from a long trip and all went well, at 55-60 m.p.h. and waving to all the lookers. Have a few electrical gremlins to iron out. Have to go to Cumberland Gap area also for another get-together, so count the wife and I in. thanks Bill

Good to hear! Send me an email to [email protected] so I can get you on the list.

Cumberland Gap is very close to me. We actually drove through there this past weekend.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 View Post
Are you going to drive Earl??

Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Are you going to drive Earl??
Hello Abe.
I have been driving all my trucks and Dad and I have been on a 2000 mile trip,with 2 trucks.
I suppose I will take The 1956 F250.....known previously as earl.
I hope to bring my shasta camper,or build a home-made cap from an old popular mechanics book that shows 1 on a 1956. That will give us sleeping accomodations and will see if that works out.
Are you going,Abe?
Kentucky mountains is some awesome country.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM
DR Smith
Posting Guru
DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.
The wife and I took a ride last sunday. Went over to Walhalla SC then up rt 28 to Highlands NC,The river along Rt 28 is where a lot of scenes where filmed for deliverance. The road makes the Dragon look like a straight line. Someday I will get a get together going down here in Ga,and take the brave ones over for a picnic down by the river. Bob would feel right at home.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truckstock 2013

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.