Truckstock 2013 - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock 2013

Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM
9teen56f100
Posting Guru
9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We are planning to be there. Last years truckstock was the hi-lite of our automotive year. Hope to see everyone back this year.
brian...

Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
I would like to make one suggestion for future meets. ID tags with board names and real names. I've gone to both meets and talked with everyone and it's impossible for me to know who I'm talking to. My memory is terrible, some one will tell me their board name and two minutes later I forgot. I would like to bring the tags, and I'll try, but I know I'll forget.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
I would like to make one suggestion for future meets. ID tags with board names and real names. I've gone to both meets and talked with everyone and it's impossible for me to know who I'm talking to. My memory is terrible, some one will tell me their board name and two minutes later I forgot. I would like to bring the tags, and I'll try, but I know I'll forget.
I agree Bob, you kept calling me Chip. JUST KIDDING. There was a lot of spongebobs though at Robs.....

Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
Some of my neighbors will love your name tag, Bob. I can just hear it now--"So Bob is your name? You sure got a pretty mouth, Bob."

Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
I agree! My first time to attend was Truck Fest even though it was small I probably don't remember 1/2 the folks I met there. Luckily someone got most of the folks in a picture and then added names and Board Names!!!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant future
My truck is in pieces. Can I just bring the horn button or something? Or how about the data plate from the glove box lid? That way I can say it was there.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
My truck is in pieces. Can I just bring the horn button or something? Or how about the data plate from the glove box lid? That way I can say it was there.
I think the basic idea of these meets is to meet the members of the FTE family but it's always nicer if you can bring a truck, or even a part of a truck. Bring what you got!!

Old 07-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
I just thought I'd bump this thread back up to the top so that everybody has an opportunity to see it and think about coming. We have a good number of people who have committed already. If anybody has any questions about what it's all about, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. It's a wild Monday for me here at work. Gotta get back to the grind.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm really looking forward to TS13! I set up a radio app on my phone so I can listen to the little public radio station out of Whitesburg, KY (WMMT) that I discovered last year. Gets me in the spirit of Eastern KY!

Hey Doc... any entertainment this year other than the Bob & Bob show?
(Bob J & Spongebob)

Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Doc
Postmaster
No concrete plans for entertainment this year. The old-timer who played last year might not be feeling up to it this year. Is there anything you'd guys like? At most, I was thinking that I might get my neighbor to play his fiddle around the campfire or something low-key like that. Is there something you guys would like?

Rob, if you'll remind me, we can drive by the Appalshop and let you see where the "magic" all happens.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
No concrete plans for entertainment this year. The old-timer who played last year might not be feeling up to it this year. Is there anything you'd guys like? At most, I was thinking that I might get my neighbor to play his fiddle around the campfire or something low-key like that. Is there something you guys would like?

Rob, if you'll remind me, we can drive by the Appalshop and let you see where the "magic" all happens.
The fiddle around the campfire sounds like fun. He doesn't have to play all night, just play a little here and there. When I was a kid my friend's neighbor used to sit on his porch once in a while and pluck his banjo. It was great to just sit in the darkness and listen.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Doc
Postmaster
We'll have a good time again this year. Ross mentioned stopping at this restaurant during the cruise as a group. We could actually stop there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Plus they have a pretty decent gift shop where local souvenirs can be purchased.

Pine Mountain Grill

Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
We'll have a good time again this year. Ross mentioned stopping at this restaurant during the cruise as a group. We could actually stop there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Plus they have a pretty decent gift shop where local souvenirs can be purchased.

Pine Mountain Grill
I like this idea.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Doc
Postmaster
I drove across the mountain last week (well I actually drive across it just about every day now in one spot or another), and the view of the foothills poking up through the low-lying fog was gorgeous, even for a local who's looked at it for almost 40 years now. Here's hoping that the fog isn't so thick this year during the cruise.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
brain75
Elder User
brain75 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Doc, I almost made it last year - boss's attitude and issues were part, medical was part, condition of the truck was part (in pieces mechanically - trans swap).
I'm very keen on coming. I will be planning the logistics tomorrow at work and setting up the time off. Much like last year count this as a tenantive yes - I'll email your list

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truckstock 2013

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.