General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Any smokers try the E-cigarettes yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:24 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any smokers try the E-cigarettes yet?

I broke down and finally bought the Cig2O starter kit at my local tobacco store yesterday and so far its freaking awesome. It was about $17.00 and comes with 2 nicotine cartridges a battery and charger.

This is coming from a guy who's a 25 year smoker. My test will be tonight when my girlfriend and I go see Kenny Chesney. I'm leaving my cigarettes at the house and taking just the E-cig since I cant smoke at the venue anyway. I will be consuming quit a few beers (rough week and I'm guilted into going by said girlfriend mentioned above). Of course beer makes me want to smoke so I'm totally confident that the E-cig will help the urges until we get home.

Have a great weekend

Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's all in your mind.

It's something I've told people for many years - It's not that difficult so, please, listen to what I'm about to say as it really is this is simple.

You have to want to - if you don't want to, you're not going to.

You gotta wanna, If you don't wanna, you're not gonna.

It's all within your mind and only you can make the decision to quit.

Only once you've decided to quit, can you make it happen.

I've been there, I know... I've kicked addictions you don't ever want to know about...

Think....

Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I have smoked for 27 years now . At one time I smoked 4 + packs a day . I am now down to 1 pack every 2-3 days . I also use Copenhagen snuff ( since I was 8 ) Yes , I am a Redneck ! I tried the E Smokes , was not happy . However , I know many that have had great results with them . I use the COPE to cope with not smoking . Good luck quitting , it is a bad habbit .

Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
6 months smoke free after 18 years of pack a day.cold turkey.
do whatever works.just don't give up.it's a living hell (understatement.there are no words to describe such misery) but possible.
good luck!

Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Not so sure that the OP is getting the answers he's looking for but I'll chime in as this important, to me anyway.

The nicotine addiction is very physical and powerful. If a person sets his mind to quit, the nicotine is flushed from your system with 72 hours. The addiction is then very mental and all in your mind.

I smoked for 17 years, ages 18-35, I quit in June 1996. The milestone that I reached is that I've now been quit for as many years as I smoked.

I see my doc annually and the question comes up, do you use alcohol or tobacco? I say, I quit in 1996. Conversation over, next question.

Your body repairs the damage done and after about 10 years, a long time smoker can have clean lungs.

Anyway, please forgive my soap box speech. The E-cig is a crutch to a vice. Just say no and be done with it.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't use the ecig to quit cigars. but I've got a coworker that tried the ecigs. they helped but the refills were expensive and a hassle so that didn't last a month for him. he still fightin cigs. Another coworker is now using an ecig and says it does help and the cost of the refills is more affordable now, but......everytime I go into his office he seems to be puffing away on it. It seems more a crutch to use when stuck in a building and he still reeks of cig smoke so not so sure if it's helping him.

If you're serious about quitting you may want to check with your state agencies to see if they offer any free stop smoking kits. Here in OK they give free gums/patches to help you quit.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:08 PM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Used an e cig and quit for a year, then started again. (Yeah I'm dumb)
Bought a brand new car one day, decided I couldn't afford to smoke, quit for 9 months, then started again ( Yeah, I'm REALLY dumb) So at the moment I am smoking again.

So many people say that is is an addiction, and the nicotine has a hold on you, In my case I think its just a bad habit. I can stop, not smoke until the nicotine is LONG gone from my system, and then one day months later I decide to buy a pack. Usually it's summertime, sitting around a camp fire, or outside in the driveway working on a car (which I always have a smoke hanging from my mouth) or just taking a ride in the car with the top down, and I decide I should go buy a pack.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:51 PM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One friend of mine who quit after a number of years of smoking was that he realized he needed to do something to replace the physical action of smoking, so he started chewing gum. He managed to quit cold turkey that way.

On top of that, I almost never hear of anyone quitting gradually or with aids. Most folks I know that have kicked the habit did so cold turkey.

I'm just thankful I was never hooked. I smoked up to about 2 packs per week, but quit totally (no shakes or side effects) when my then-girlfriend found a bit of the cellophane from a hard pack in my car. As of Monday, we've been married 18 years now.

Jason