Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

2014 Ford F150 Tremor

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:33 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TremorGuy, my first post was a side bar with LS2Chicago and not aimed at you. I used to drive a '68 El Camino so I know what it's like to get polarized reactions from people!

Originally Posted by TremorGuy
Personally I like to base my comments off of real experience rather than assumption
I've been driving an Ecoboost for nearly 4 years.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:01 AM
TremorGuy
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
That's a fleet of some mighty sexy Fords there!
Thanks Tim!

I wish I could keep them all but space and budget won't allow it LOL! That green Bullitt only had 916 miles when I picked it up this past summer of 2015. Closest I have ever came to a new vehicle until I grabbed the Tremor up new off the dealer lot last month.

I have only owned 2 non Ford vehicles. An Audi (wtf) and a Firebird (lol). Both sucked.

It's all from here on out. Even the wife is a believer now. She has her fingers crossed for the release of a new Bronco.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:17 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by QwkTrip
TremorGuy, my first post was a side bar with LS2Chicago and not aimed at you. I used to drive a '68 El Camino so I know what it's like to get polarized reactions from people!

I've been driving an Ecoboost for nearly 4 years.
Jon, you've been one helluva an upstanding contributing member here, keep posting bro! WE all learn a lot from you sir.

Originally Posted by TremorGuy
Thanks Tim!

I wish I could keep them all but space and budget won't allow it LOL! That green Bullitt only had 916 miles when I picked it up this past summer of 2015. Closest I have ever came to a new vehicle until I grabbed the Tremor up new off the dealer lot last month.

I have only owned 2 non Ford vehicles. An Audi (wtf) and a Firebird (lol). Both sucked.

It's all from here on out. Even the wife is a believer now. She has her fingers crossed for the release of a new Bronco.
Ahh, my kinda gal right there!

Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Tremor 4x4 is probably much faster than a lightning with street tires, just from the extra traction.

I would love one of these for a daily driver, but for now, I need something with four doors to haul the leeches around.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
Tremor 4x4 is probably much faster than a lightning with street tires, just from the extra traction.

I can search for the article but a magazine put the two head-to-head on a drag strip and the Lightning put away the Tremor with room to spare.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:52 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Please don't bring facts into this discussion.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:14 PM
TremorGuy
4wd Low
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
Please don't bring facts into this discussion.
+1 LOL!!!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Got it.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:56 AM
cmbezln
New User
I don't care for the Tremor either. It is trying to advertise that it is some kind of muscle truck but it has too much in common with an every day F150. The Tremor should be about being a bad ***, and frankly the Ecoboost is not the right platform for that job. Ecoboost is a lot of fun and responds very well to simple mods, but Average Joe can put together a 5.0L in his driveway that will blow the doors off Pro Joe with the fastest Ecoboost in the world. Next generation of Ecoboost will be much more interesting though.

I like what Nassty did with his Tremor. He abandoned the half-baked sport truck concept and made it look like a real truck. Nice looking rig right there.
I'm not so sure about that, if you look at this thread:

5.0 Quarter mile times and mods! - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

The fastest 5.0 on there is in the 11s, a STOCK SCSB ecoboost can easily be in the 12s with just a tune, numerous examples of that. Throw on a downpipe and you're into the lower end of the 12s.

Start messing around with an e85 dyno tune and you're looking at the same numbers as some of the fastest 5.0s out there at like 1/4 of the cost, and theres plenty more mods to take it even further.

Thing about forced induction is that target boost is what you tell it, and as long as the stock internals hold up to the power, it's all yours.

Of course, you could turbo a 5.0, but I dont consider that to be something a joe schmoe can do in his driveway, much more involved.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:02 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
You saw the list --> An Ecoboost with all the tricks is still a ___ second truck.

*guess*....

*don't think too hard about it*.....

*oh, you're close!*.....

*I see it on your lips!*.....

*Twe..... twe.... twe-el*.....

..... YES! That's right! 12 second truck.

The high pressure fuel pump simply won't deliver any more fuel. It's just as well though because the rods are at limit too. And don't believe for a minute taking the Ecoboost to the next level is cheap. Upgraded short block, $9K in turbo upgrades, $4K+ in other supporting mods, all the dyno time and tuning, and the list goes on. And then you wait.... And you wait..... And you wait a little while longer for a solution to the fuel delivery dilemma. Because you can't just throw more fuel at it since the ECM needs to know exactly what is happening or things go boom.

Certainly 12's is a fantastic number and yes, easy to achieve. But we're talking about who can be the baddest boy on the block. That is currently the 5.0L beyond any doubt. Putting a supercharger on a 5.0L is most definitely an at-home job for an average gear head who isn't scared to try. If you really have desire to go the distance with the Ecoboost then I would wait for the next gen engine.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 PM
cmbezln
New User
It's not that easy. You saw the list --> An Ecoboost with all the tricks is still a ___ second truck.

*guess*....

*don't think too hard about it*.....

*oh, you're close!*.....

*I see it on your lips!*.....

*Twe..... twe.... twe-el*.....

..... YES! That's right! 12 second truck.

The high pressure fuel pump simply won't deliver any more fuel. It's just as well though because the rods are at limit too. And don't believe for a minute taking the Ecoboost to the next level is cheap. Upgraded short block, $9K in turbo upgrades, $4K+ in other supporting mods, all the dyno time and tuning, and the list goes on.

Putting a supercharger on a 5.0L is most definitely an at-home job for an average gear head who isn't scared to try. If you really have desire to go the distance with the Ecoboost then I would wait for the next gen engine.
Well I will say its fairly common to have to upgrade the fuel pump when you start flirting with e85, not really that big of a deal usually. As far as the internals go, though...with a pump and shop time to install something like Manley rods and pistons etc, I can't imagine it being THAT much more than the cost of a supercharger, if that....but yeah turbos get expensive.

Has anybody attempted to do the former? I haven't really seen a lot of ecoboost guys get down and dirty with building those things.

Also, it seems to me like there aren't very many supercharged coyotes out there in the 11s, even in that list.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:45 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by cmbezln
Has anybody attempted to do the former? I haven't really seen a lot of ecoboost guys get down and dirty with building those things.
Yes, it is beginning to happen. All the parts are out there in kit form, except the fuel delivery. That's how I knew the costs.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:49 PM
cmbezln
New User
Yes, it is beginning to happen. All the parts are out there in kit form, except the fuel delivery. That's how I knew the costs.
Ah gotcha, good talk, thanks for the info

Old 01-13-2016, 08:54 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
You're not understanding the fuel pump issue. The lift pump in the fuel tank can easily be upgraded, just as you mentioned. The High Pressure Pump driven off the driver side camshaft is not so easy.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:01 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by cmbezln
Edit: just saw your edit in regards to the ECM and fuel delivery, didn't know it was that complicated, guess a 455 won't fix that heh.
Ya, I tend to wordsmith a bit after I make a post. You caught me!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ford F150 Tremor