1992 F-150 HELP~Dog tore all wires off back of truck! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

1992 F-150 HELP~Dog tore all wires off back of truck!

Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
New User

newstead is starting off with a positive reputation.
1992 F-150 HELP~Dog tore all wires off back of truck!

My Jack Russel tore all the wires off the back of the 1992 F-150 .

I have no tail lights now.

Junk yard has a 1988 F-150 in hand and wonders if the wiring from a 1988 will fit a 1992 F-150.

How can I find out?

Where can I get a wiring diagram for a 1992 F-150?

CC
Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Puddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud of
I'm sorry but that's kinda funny, little dog and all.
Well, is it in any condition to just splice in new lines?
If so that's the way I would go.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM
New User

The Dog ate my wires!

Thanks Puddy...I know nothing about that. Just found a few wires on the ground.

I can take a look and see what I can do.

CC
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Puddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud ofPuddy has much to be proud of
Trust me it would take less time to just rejoin the wires than having to undo all the connectors and push tabs. If it doesn't seem too bad that is.
Where about did the dog get into? The drivers rear? Or the trailer plug in?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
New User

The Dog ate my wires!

Dog thought (I guess) there was a varmint under the back bumper. That's where all the wire are gone from the truck.
CC
Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Posting Guru

blue924.9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
some pic would be the best as the wires for the taillights and the trailer wires are behind the bumper
Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
New User

The Dog ate my wires!

See where you can post pictures from a url.....how do you browse for pictures from your computer?

CC
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Posting Guru

blue924.9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
photobucket, every computer is different but I would start in my pics, or take a pic and see what it is called on the camera and search for that one the computer
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Senior User

CaptCameltoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a Jack Russell Terror myself, lil bugger lived to be 16.5 years old and was ornery to his last moment. I think I went thru 3 sets of boat trailer harnesses cuz if that lil sob lol Yea put some pics up of whats left and the dog too, love seein them mean lil buggers lol and if it will help you out I can take pics of my wifes 1994 harness and get colors etc Hope I can help you out wit hthe truck, yer on yer own with the dog, wanted to kill mine on almost a daily basis lol
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
New User

The Dog ate my wires!..post pics?...where is browse button?

Hi,

I will take pics and post...I know how to find pics on my computer....WHERE on this site is the Browse window?

CC
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Here I just copied this from an old topic, hope it helps

Theses are not that hard for even non supporters once you do it a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Or, this would just be easier.
Let me google that for you
Old 06-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Junior User

Krazywolf8169 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any autoparts store should be able to supply you with a Haynes or Chilton manual for F-series trucks. They will have the full diagram plus any other repair info you should need