S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Glad I found you Guys! Now I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM
bigTEE56
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I found you Guys! Now I need some help

I've been a member of FTE for a few months. Than some one told me about the chapters, I never scrolled down far enough to see them...
Anyway I'm the original owner of a 1994 Ford F150 4x4, Regular cab, SWB. it has a 5.0 hooked to a 4R70W, 3.55's 8.5" Ford w Spicer limited slip rear, Danna44 limited slip front on factory quad shocks. 137,000 miles, (3 miles new factory crate engine).
Mods are CARB legal, which is why I'm glad to be on this forum.
Ford Motorsport supercharger made by Powerdyne, BBK 55mm throttle body, MSD Blaster coil, MSD 6al box, Heddman hedders, Gibson 3" catback exhaust with IH muffler, Level4 Transmission and Torque converter.
WARN front bumper and 9000 lb winch, Reese receiver on the rear, 3" body lift.
40 gallon fuel tank replaced the rear original single 18 gallon fuel tank, which is why you won't see too many of these exact models out there on the road.

Well both the Truck and I are in the middle of being rehabbed. I just had major Back surgery and the Truck just got it's new crate engine I installed before my surgery.

This is what I'm needing help with right now as I plan to go through the Truck top to bottom front to back with the goal to make it almost as good as new and in some cases better.

My latest challenge is the transmission cooler lines. Mine got ripped out when the fan belt tensioner broke off and the supercharger belt kept turning everything causing the belt to literally tear the lines right off the Truck. I tried bending my own, but I can't get the bends right going from the trans around the starter/bellhousing, the space between the starter/bellhousing and the exhaust is tight. So I'm thinking that the best way is too replace the hard lines with quality steel braided flex lines, reroute in another direction staying away from the exhaust components and when coming to the front route in such a way that if by chance I ever have another belt failure it won't eat them.

I'm not very swift with pipes thread sizes and types and I know the radiator takes a special fitting. I also have an auxiliary external factory original cooler since it came with the tow package. Can anybody tell me the fittings and hose size I'll need? Any suggestions for how to route the lines? My other plan would be to buy trans cooler lines sold by Inline Tubing who claim they have the right ones for my Truck. I've heard both good and bad things about this company. Any recommendations on them?

Thanks everybody, I'm glad to be home in the land of CARB or at least those who know the nightmares of dealing with it!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 929 Likes on 677 Posts
Welcome to the Forum big! They make some decent tools for bending and flairing if you want to tackle yourself.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...and-tubes.html

Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 PM
bigTEE56
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!! My problem is the old lines are long gone, and trying to eyeball and the old trial and error is hard to justify if I can go with flex lines or something already made. Especially, since I don't have access to a lift and my Daughter bent over backwards already allowing me to take up here driveway for six months during my engine swap, recovery from back surgery and than troubleshooting the new engine no run issues.
Good news is the Truck passed smog!!! Big hurdle! Especially now that CARB is really pushing to get these older vehicles off the road. Not mine! Not now! Only if and when I decide!